PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: KORRES QUERCETIN AND OAK ANTI- AGING CONCEALER IN FAIR (2)

Here's an initial review on KORRES QUERCETIN AND OAK ANTI- AGING CONCEALER IN FAIR (2)

PRICE: 730PHP
PLACE BOUGHT: GIRLTALK
OTHER LOCATIONS: SEPHORA ONLINE

DESCRIPTION (TAKEN FROM sephora.com)

A concealer that instantly camouflages dark circles and imperfections.

What it does:

This concealer hides dark circles and imperfections while providing a smooth, long-lasting, crease-free effect. Ideal for hydrating and protecting the delicate skin around the eye, this product contains powerful natural antioxidants, Quercetin & Oak, to help reduce the appearance of fine lines and improve skin texture. Hyaluronic acid and barley extract provide instant and long-lasting wrinkle-filling and pore-refining benefits. Olive oil helps replenish the nutrients in the skin and therefore strengthens elasticity.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Synthetic Fragrances
- Synthetic Dyes
- Phthalates
- GMOs
- Triclosan

THE VERDICT:

I've always wanted to try Korres, especially their Watermelon Tinted Moisturizer. Unfortunately, methinks that the line has discontinued the product. But still, I want to try Korres because a lot swear by this brand, and they're one of the all- natural make- up brands in the market.

Ingredients

The Quercetin and Oak line is Korres' newest make- up release.

So what basically is QUERCETIN? Quercetin is a plant- derived product from the Oak forests. It is a proven potent antioxidant. Quercetin, when comes in direct contact with the skin, penetrates deep and searches for the Free Radicals then wipe them out. Oak is also known for its restorative and antiseptic properties.

The jar is kinda' big and almost full, so I get a lot for 730php. I bet if this were sold in Rustan's, it would be much expensive.

The plastic/glass jar is lightweight, but bigger than most concealer pots.

Korres' shading runs a tad darker than most brands I've encountered. The shade is fair, but is quite dark. My MAC Studio Finish concealer in NC30 is 2-3x lighter than this. Fair is a medium beige concealer with a heavy peach undertone.

Here's a swatch. You know what I love about this concealer? It's peach- based, which makes it great for dark under eye circles. Most concealers claim that they camouflage, when in fact, a majority of them are yellow and pink- based, and they only make eyes look awake and bright. So a corrector (usually peach- based) is needed together with these concealers to completely tone down those nasty dark circles. In my case, I need a corrector/concealer. Hopefully in one product. This concealer camouflages the dark circles and adjusts the color to my skintone without the chalky look.

Consistency is smooth and thick. It is unscented too. Fair looks dark on the pot, but when applied on my under eyes, the shade magically becomes lighter than what it seems. Methinks that the shading is somewhat an answer to pale and chalky concealers. Pale and chalky concealers have the tendency to look amplified when applied on a darker area on the skin such as the under eyes. If the concealer shade is not too pale and bright, it results to a more natural- looking finish.

Here is my naked undereye. Genetics may be to blame or my semi- bad lifestyle for those tiny wrinkles near my lower lash line. Most liquid concealers have the tendency to cake in it, rather than fill it. So I always settle for thick cream concealers.

This is my undereye with the Korres concealer. Very opaque yet lightweight. Its semi- mousse texture makes it easy to blend. I use my fingers when applying concealer. And I find that rubbing it on will completely wipe the product out, so I dab it on instead.

It's quite moist, so drying can take some time, but not too long. The moist is probably caused by Olive Oil, which is added to the concealer to help improve skin's elasticity.

I may not have dabbed the concealer properly, hence the patchy look. I was still getting the kick of using this at the time this pic was taken. But applying the concealer in layers, and dabbing prior to applying the next layer maximizes the camouflaging effect of the concealer. But as you can see in the pic, the dark circle was minimized. I dislike completely wiped out dark circles. It looks fake and makes you look too made up.

Here is moi and my look of the day. My dark circles are horrible in person, but the concealer toned it down and made it more tolerable. If I want to diminish the dark circles completely, I apply 3 layers (I usually apply 2). And no, it doesn't feel heavy at all!

True enough, this stays put until the end of the day. It did not crease, fade, and cake, in spite of the fact that this has Olive Oil in it. Amazing! I get a lot of bonuses too because this concealer is packed with antioxidants and ingredients that heal at the same time.

Will I buy this again? Yes! But what would deter me from repurchasing is the unavailability, crazy shipping and tax rates, personal US-PESO currency conversion of personal shoppers, and personal shopper's fee. The 730php will inflate to possibly 1000-1100php. So it's not wise to buy a single product when purchasing from personal shoppers. If I'm in the mood for another make- up spree, I will definitely include this in my list. :)

Post a Comment

2 Comments

  1. Hi Martha! What lipstick are you wearing? The color is so nice! -Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. anonymous: hi! thanks for visiting. it's red kiss by avon's moisture rich seduction lippie. :D

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)