PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: LOVE AND BEAUTY LEOPARD CHEEK COLOR IN PINK/BROWN

Here's an initial verdict on LOVE AND BEAUTY LEOPARD CHEEK COLOR IN PINK/BROWN

PRICE: 305PHP
PLACE BOUGHT: FOREVER 21, SM, MAKATI
OTHER LOCATIONS: SM MEGAMALL (?), FOREVER21.COM

Photo Credits: thegloss.com

DESCRIPTION (TAKEN FROM FOREVER21.COM):
Perfect for all skin colors this leopard cheek color features three mixable shades with a subtle shimmer. Interior mirror. Snap closure.

THE VERDICT:

F21 lovers rejoice! We now have more reasons to look forward to in every F21 visit, as F21 Manila brings in the first batch of cosmetics from Love and Beauty, the cosmetic line of Forever21.

I picked up the Leopard Cheek Color, which is one of their popular products. Graphic blushes are now within budget!

I hope Mr. Sy brings in the whole collection! :)

The compact is sleek and lightweight. Perfect to bring anywhere.

A huge mirror is embedded inside the compact. This compact does not include a brush (boo!).

The powder looks very chic, and the case, though it's made of cheap plastic, is designed in such a way wherein it looked kinda' expensive. I dropped this compact once, and the part near the closure was chipped. At least the powder remained intact, and the compact still works perfectly.

Awww... it doesn't look pretty anymore after swiping my fingers on the blush!

Top to Bottom: Brown, Pale Pink, Cream (shimmer)

The shades of the powder when swatched individually.

Collectively, this is what the shades will look like if you swirl them altogether.

The blush color is pink beige with shimmer. However, no matter how pretty the color is, I find that the pigmentation is very sheer. I had to layer the color on for five times to make it show up on my skin.

For 305php, it's not bad considering that the case is cute and the product is adorable. Fair skinned ladies will benefit from this blush since the fairness of their skin will make dark shades pop out easily. Dark skinned ladies may use this as a highlighter (due to the shimmer), a lid wash, and a contour powder (careful though, as the shade can appear muddy if layered on too much!).

At least the powder stays put for hours. It has a slight perfume scent that is not bothersome at all. I only had to retouch my powder once during wear. The shimmer in the powder is very subtle, which gives a natural glowing effect to the cheeks.

I won't probably buy anything from Love and Beauty unless they bring in the whole line. Oh and another thing, I have qualms about the packaging of the other make- ups. It's too cheap! The shimmer loose eyeshadows are in small glass jars and are put in sealable plastic bags that made them look---cheap. They don't look too appealing at all even if they're affordable!

**The Leopard Cheek Color also comes in Peach/Brown, and Pink/Hot Pink

OFF TOPIC:

By the way, here's the first batch of my TBJ GOES PRO quality pictures. Let me know what you think of my product shots courtesy of my LX3 and photography dome (sorry, I suck at photography terms :p).

Post a Comment

4 Comments

  1. wow i really notice the difference with your pics. i wana buy a dome too but i dont have the side lights for it. :( meron bang built in na? hehe. im not a pro too but i wanna take pics of my products in better lighting. hehe. how much for the dome? thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mia: hello sis! the dome is at 1800php only. my brother bought it from some store in rockwell. i'll ask him :) believe it or not, i just used table lamps as my light source. we have two in our house and I used them on the sides :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh. where there? very interested. thanks :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)