PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: KIEHL'S YERBA MATE FACIAL CLEANSING GEL

Here's an initial review on KIEHL'S YERBA MATTE GEL CLEANSER

PRICE: Around 1050PHP
PLACE BOUGHT: KIEHL'S, GREENBELT 5
OTHER LOCATIONS: NONE LOCALLY, SEPHORA ONLINE

THE VERDICT:

You guys know how much I love Kiehl's. It is my most trusted skin care brand because it perfectly goes well with my skin chemistry.

I have to admit Kiehl's is expensive for an unemployed student like me. Though my wallet bleeds everytime I replenish my skin care stocks, at least I know I'm spending my money wisely. After all, when it comes to skin care, we shouldn't settle for anything less.

Why do I love thee, oh Kiehl's? 'Tis because it's made up of the finest and unique ingredients sourced from all over the world. The brand makes use of powerful plant extracts that help combat any minor or major skin problem in the most natural way. Plus, Kiehl's works under sustainable conditions, which means their production has less impact on nature. Also, Kiehl's has collaborated with different charities, organizations, and earth- friendly projects inluding the rehabilitation of the Pasig River with the help of their Rare Earth skin care line.

I had a serious break out a month ago and I so wanted to get my hands on a Blue Algae Gel Cleanser. Unfortunately, it was out of stock. I needed something that will help clear up my skin. One of the SAs recommended the Yerba Mate cleanser, and told me that the Yerba Mate extract helps extract all the impurities from the skin. Sebum and trapped dirt are skin impurities. So I picked up this one in high hopes that this will put an end to my acne problem.

What exactly is Yerba Mate? Yerba Mate (Erva- mate) is an herb native to South America. Kiehl's' patented Yerba Mate cleanser helps remove impurities and restores the skin's natural radiance and vivacity. It is a low- foam cleanser, which means it's not loaded with those foaming agents that give you the impression that your cleanser thoroughly cleans, when in fact, it doesn't. It's mild, unscented, and keeps your face smooth and feeling fresh right after rinsing.

After two months of continuous usage, I am happy to report that indeed, it cleared up my skin. I saw a couple of pimples sprouting out of my face during the first week of usage, but were magically gone after a week or two. Maybe the cleanser induces pimple production to let the skin spew out all the impurities trapped deep within the pores. After a month of usage, the pimple plague subsided, and my skin has become visibly clear during the second month. I'm still getting rid of some nasty pimple marks with the help of my free sachet of Kiehl's Acne Spot Treatment (which deserves a separate entry because it's super effective!).

No regrets with my purchase. It lasted me for a good two months. It's expensive, but I will certainly buy this again!

Normal to oily skinned peopple will benefit from this cleanser. It removes excess oil from the skin surface, and maintains the natural ph balance of the skin.

To maximize its effectiveness, I recommend using the toner and cream.

Post a Comment

4 Comments

  1. Hubby and I are also a big fan of Yerba mate cleanser. He rarely use a skin care product. And never did I saw him go gaga with a cleanser before!
    We panicked when we heard that it'll soon be phased out. So when we heard the news that MOA got few stocks left (only 2 bottles), we flew there ASAP and bought them. Then when we visited GB5 the next day. To our delight, we saw 4 more bottles of it. So we grabbed 2 bottles again. Yerba Mate cleanser is really one of a kind. So we were dismayed when we heard that it'll soon leave the market. We visited ALL of their branches bdw. They got no stocks left in Alabang Town Center nor in Trinoma. Boohoo!

    And oh.. I forgot to mention... 3 bottles belongs to hubby and only 1 bottle for me! lol! He brought those babies with him abroad. That's how deep he fell in love with this cleanser.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OR: I love it too, but I love the phased out Non- Detergent Cleansing foam. Hay, why do they have to phase out these amazing products, no?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree! Aren't they aware how hard it is to find an HG material?

    ReplyDelete
  4. or: oh so true. I hope they bring this and the Non-detergent foaming cleanser back. :p

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)