PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: PAUL AND JOE STICK CONCEALER N (4)

Here’ an initial review on PAUL AND JOE STICK CONCEALER (4)


Price: 500php (Originally at 1200php)

Place Bought: Benefit Bazaar for Japan, Rockwell Tent, Makati City

Other Locations: Rustan’s Makati


THE VERDICT:

I was completely overjoyed when I learned about the 3 for 1500php promo by Paul and Joe on the last day of the Benefit Bazaar for Japan at the Rockwell Tent. This is another one of my greatest bargain finds. Apart from this awesome promo, all of the items such as foundations, powders, eyeshadows, make- up kits, lipglosses, and skin care products were at 30- 50% off!

I’ve been meaning to get a new concealer. If you will recall in my first and only Paul and Joe review, I was disappointed with their foundation. I’m hoping that this time, I’ll be impressed with their other products. I grabbed this concealer when I learned that it’s included in the 3 for 1500php selection. Such a bargain, eh?


Ingredients

Comes with a 'Directions for use' pamphlet. :)



I give 10 stars to the cute box and the packaging. I love how the Baroque- inspired packaging adorns my dresser!


Let’s now review the product. The concealer itself is kinda’ short, so you guys will probably think that you ain’t getting the bang for your buck if you splurge on this one. But I’m telling you guys, this thing is fantastic!


It’s a two-in-one concealer. It works great as an under eye and facial concealer. 4 is a yellow- toned beige shade.


Here’s my under eye without anything on it.


With the P&J concealer.


Here’s a pimple mark on my forehead.


I used P&J and topped it with a bit of Korres’ Quercetin and Oak anti- aging concealer.


The consistency is thick and hard. Upon application, I had to spread it right away so it won’t dry out on me. Despite the consistency, it’s spreadable and it sets quickly. No need to wait for it to dry. It is very opaque so a little goes a long way. The yellow tone brightens my eyes and keeps me looking awake and fresh. It has a slight floral scent, but you’ll hardly smell it unless you smell the product closely.

Staying power is uh-ma-zing. Stayed put all throughout the day. It didn’t crease, fade, nor streak. It didn’t settle on my lines too. I adore this concealer! I just make sure that I set it properly with powder so it will last all throughout the day.

Had I known earlier how effective this concealer is, I would’ve hoarded all the no. 4 stocks at the bazaar! I will definitely repurchase!

Post a Comment

8 Comments

  1. I've been hearing so much about P & J, too bad it's not available here in Cebu. I've been looking for a really good concealer for a while now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hollie: you can try joining pre-order pools in giriltalk. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh... you aced it when you got this baby at half the price! I see how it rendered your undereye area radiant without looking cakey or heavy... coolness!

    You look stunning Martha! Do you ever get ugly, oh boy...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wah I have huge circles! You have none! Envy much. :P

    This looks like a good concealer! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. herroyalbleakness: yup! i really love it! i forgot to add it's so easy to blend as well. Teehee Thanks for the compliment sis! :D

    Janinay: thank you! :D You should try it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marha, here's the link to the script to disable the right click function. Add this to your blog's HTML (Under Design tab) under the head area:

    http://www.angelfire.com/fl5/html-tutorial/rclickcode.htm

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is this better than Laura Mercier's secret concealer? I've been following your blog and twitter constantly since you're one of the few bloggers who seem to have the same skintone as mine. :) Thanks and more power to your blog! Your posts have been really helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Trina: hello! yes, definitely better. :) I find Laura Mercier too emollient and hard to blend. :p

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)