THE BEAUTY JUNKEE SPOTTED: NIVEA MANGO STYLEBIBLE GLAM EXPRESS EVENT

Last week, I attended an event by Nivea, Mango, and Stylebible. I've been dreaming of working with these groups and finally, the dream has come true. When I received the email invite, I immediately pushed the reply button and replied YES!




An evening filled with style and beauty, the guest list included bloggers and members of online media from Stylebible.ph, Cosmo.ph and OK!. The event was hosted by Ms. L.A. Ferriols, who introduced the Brand Managers of NIVEA, Ms. Raisa Mislang and Ida Dizon, Mango’s Country Manager, Ms. Karen Chikiamco and Yehey! Corp’s General Manager, Mr. Jay Arellano.


I was really excited for this event. Wanna know how? I arrived two hours ahead of the call time! I roamed around the mall to kill time, but unfortunately, my 4-in. heels were killing me too. So even if I was still 30 minutes early, I went to Mango and hoped that there are more eager bloggers than me. And yep, there were. :)


Posing for the official photographer. :)




UP DILIMAN REPRESENT! Posing with my batch mates, Cat and RJ, who are both part of team Yehey!


People registering their names and teams for Nivea and Mango's contest.


DRESS: F21
SHOES: SO FAB
BAG: FURLA
EARRINGS: ALDO


Some people checking out Nivea's fashion app called the Glamboard Express on Facebook.


Lace love. :)


Do the Nautical!


Trend alert: Animal Prints are in. Dang, I should've kept my grandmother's clothes. :p


Now I want clothes with animal and tribal prints. :p

To celebrate the launch of Nivea's newest product, the Express Hydration lotion, a contest was held for the bloggers and guests. All of us were asked to form into groups of three, and were given a card with a style peg. The mechanics are: 1. Recreate the exact look using Mango's pieces 2. Scour and style as fast as you can. My team and I got the 'ANIMAL PRINTS' peg card.

After we were given the GO signal, Marj, Ms. Rowena, and I ran like crazy across the store! Marj got the dress, I got the bag and shoes, and Ms. Rowena got the accessories. I was picked by the group to model the clothes. As I've said in my first post about this event, I have a talent for 'Quick Change'. I changed into the outfit in 2 minutes flat!

It's now my turn to model the 'Animal Prints' peg that my team and I recreated using Mango's latest pieces.


I love the dress. And the shoes. And the bag. And the bangles. And the necklace.




I love this pic. :)


My failed attempt at looking posh. Hahahaha!


Oh how I wish that the prize were the outfits I wore! :P

And the program starts!


Ze gorgeous host. :)


The program started with the showing of a video compilation of the various TV and magazine ads by Nivea which featured what else? Nivea Creme. I know you guys would agree that the thin, round, and blue canned lotion pops in your head when you hear or read 'Nivea'. Why? Because it is the most sold moisturizer in the world, and you guys have probably seen your mums using this when you were still young! Over and over again, I will say that I love vintage stuff and it was such a delight to see the vintage ads and commercials by Nivea. The event is also a celebration of Nivea's 100th year! That's enough credibility to say that Nivea is indeed, one of the trusted brands for beauty.


Good food. I absolutely adore the chicharon topped with cream cheese and adobo flakes. Sinful yet heavenly. :)


Hurrah for meat lovers like me. Roast Beef with mushroom gravy and mint sauce :)


Ms.Raisa of Nivea, talking about the brand, the Philosophy, and the newest products.


Mango's Brand Manager Ms. Karen, introducing the latest collections by the brand.


Mr. Jay of Yehey! talking about the cool app they made for Nivea called the Glamboard express. Polyvore heads, don't forget to check out this app where you can create and share your fashion spread via Facebook!

After a few speeches from these key people from Nivea, Yehey, and Mango, the winners of the contest were announced and called to the stage at the final minutes of the program.

Presenting the top 3 fastest groups. :)


Third runner ups. These pretty sisters (?) finished the scouring and styling in 10 minutes.


Second runner ups :) Finished the scouring and styling in 9 minutes.


And the champions! Rowena Wendy Lei of Animetric, Marj Sia of The Traveling Heels, and Martha Sta. Barbara of The Beauty Junkee. We finished in 4 minutes flat! :)


Nivea ran out of that huge basket filled with Nivea products. Marj took the last one home and Ms. Rowena and I are anticipating ours right in the comforts of our own homes. :)


Photo Courtesy of Kikay Corner. :)


With Mikki Galang! :)


With my team mates! :D Photo Courtesy of kikaycorner.net


Ms. Jen, Ms. Rowena, and Marj.


Congratulations again and again and again to us! :D


Mango has gorgeous Fall/Winter pieces so don't forget to check 'em out. :)


After the event, I met hubby at Kaya, shared some of his dinner, walked around the mall and saw this. OMG. Happy Lemon is bound to open in Powerplant Mall. Sinful foods are really out to get me. :p

I can't wait to talk about the Express Hydration lotion in my next posts. I swear, it is the coolest thing since facial moisturizer (no kidding!).

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND MY LOVELIES! :D

**Some photos courtesy of Nivea

Post a Comment

5 Comments

  1. Wow. you really have a nice figure. Can make an entry update on how you keep it that way? I've read your weight loss story before and was wondering if you still do the same thing or is there anything else you do or take? TIA. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Btw, just so you know you are my favorite blogger. :) i love your style and the way you carry yourself (as seen in the pictures you post)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trina: awww. that's so great to hear! Thank you so much for reading my blog. :)

    Regarding my figure, believe it or not, I gained 10lbs. Can't help it. I really love food. But I make it a point to still eat healthy 80% of the time. Right now, I'm doing the same diet so I could trim the 10lbs. I gained for the past 7 mos. :) And I also exercise at least thrice a week before. Got a bit lazy, but now, I'm back on track. :) 10lbs. is my weight gain ceiling, and once I see that the scales are up, I diet.

    Discipline is my key. So even if I gain weight, I can lose it again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love your outfit specially the furla bag. by the way, your from UP diliman din pala, what batch?I'm from UPD din e. College of arts and letters. cheers to your win!

    ReplyDelete
  5. kath: thank you sis! woo! UP Diliman represent! :D

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)