PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: BEN NYE BRUISE AND ABRASIONS COLOR WHEEL

Here's an initial review on Ben Nye Bruise and Abrasions color wheel


Price: Around 400+php

Place bought: Theatrical on Ebay.com

Other Locations: Ben Nye resellers and retailers



THE VERDICT:


I'm browsing through my flash drive archives and came across a forgotten folder containing lots of product shots that have fallen into obscurity. I have completely forgotten to review these very interesting products of mine! So I'm doing a major 'Forgotten Folder' clean- up and will try to review the products in here before the month ends. Let's start with my Ben Nye Bruise and Abrasions wheel.


Ben Nye is the American counterpart of the popular European professional make- up company, Kryolan. I've managed to buy some Ben Nye stuff from a pre- ordering pool in Girltalk a year ago and one of the products I bought is a Bruise and abrasion wheel.



The colors are opaque, and the consistency is creamy and lightweight. I used this in one of my performances wherein I was a warrior and had to fight three wars. The colors don't budge, smear, nor streak even if you sweat. Just set it properly with powder. This stays glued on your face and you'll have to wipe it off with a cleansing oil or cold cream.

The Bruise and abrasion wheel has four colors in it: black, dark brown, mustard yellow, and red. These colors imitate the natural color of a bruise or an abrasion.You can mix the colors to mimic a mild or a serious bruise/abrasion. You can even use this to excuse yourself from PE class! LOL!


Overall, I love this and I would recommend this to those who are doing prosthetics make- up or avant garde looks. You can also use the colors to paint bodies and color hair. However, this wheel is not available locally and can only be purchased via ebay.com or from countries that carry Ben Nye.

Post a Comment

0 Comments