PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: TONY MOLY BLACK SUGAR GOLD BLACK SUGAR MASK

Here's an initial review on TONY MOLY BLACK SUGAR GOLD BLACK SUGAR MASK

PRICE: AROUND 298PHP (?)
PLACE BOUGHT: TONY MOLY, SM MEGAMALL B
OTHER LOCATIONS: ALL TONY MOLY OUTLETS AND STALLS IN MALLS NATIONWIDE





THE VERDICT:

Most face scrubs I've tried either contain a small amount of scrubbing beads, or makes my skin peel after washing. I've been searching for a nice face scrub because my weekend skin care routine consists of a face scrub, facial wash, face mask, and a nose strip.


I picked this up during the Tony Moly SM Megamall B launch. It contains Black Sugar (which is really Brown Sugar), which gently exfoliates the skin without leaving it dry and rough.






Here's a closer look. See the generous amount of sugar poured in this mask? The black- brown base is probably made of gel or something. I'm sorry if I can't provide any other ingredients apart from the Brown Sugar. I can't understand anything on the label!

I'm on my 1st month of usage and I must say that I really love it! It leaves my skin feeling smooth right after washing because the gel- like base locks moisture in pores, thereby preventing my skin from flaking and feeling rough after sloughing. As we all know, Sugar is a well- known scrubber. This face mask is packed with sugar so a little goes a long way! I am loving the caramelized sugar scent too!


Here my face with the mask. It actually works more of a scrubber than a mask because it's watery and it runs off your face. It imparts a warm sensation which is probably caused by the friction due to scrubbing.

The tub is full and it will last you a good 3- 4 months, depending on usage. I love using this if my nose already feels grainy. In fact, it sloughs off white heads on the corners of my nose and chin! It's made up of natural and organic ingredients so skin irritation was never my problem during usage.

Will I buy this again? A resounding YES! :D

Post a Comment

5 Comments

  1. thanks for the review. i think this can be a dupe for skinfood's black sugar mask for a cheaper price.

    ReplyDelete
  2. kath: you're welcome! Thanks for dropping by too! :) This is really good so I definitely recommend this to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Martha! I just want to know how often you use this? Should I wash my face first with my cleanser before i use this? Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. danica: hello dear! :D i use this twice a week. :D depends. but i scrub my face first then wash it with facial foam after. that way, i remove all the dead skin cells this scrub has sloughed off. :) hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi! is it okay to use this scrub if i have zits?

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)