Review: ETUDE HOUSE AC CLINIC ACNE FOAM CLEANSER

Here's an initial review on Etude House AC Clinic Acne Foam Cleanser

PRICE: 395PHP
PLACE BOUGHT: Etude House, Market! Market, Fort Bonifacio Global City, Taguig
OTHER LOCATIONS: Etude House stalls and standalone stores in malls nationwide

Screen Shot taken from etude house.blogspot.com


THE VERDICT:

Been wanting to get a new facial wash that's laced with Salicylic Acid. As you all know, Oily skinned people are prone to acne. Well, I don't normally get breakouts, but due to months of sleepless nights, those nasty red land mines have consistently been popping out from my face.

I took a chance on Etude House's Acne Clinic line and got their facial wash. There are also a ton of acne- busting products from the said line. Sorry, but I'm only adventurous when it comes to Facial Cleansers. But I might give the other products a shot one day.

It has acne- fighting ingredients such as Salicylic Acid, Triclosan and Sandalwood.

It's a pretty big tube and it took me 3 months to finish the whole thing. The consistency of the facial foam is rich, and it lathers up pretty well. But I'm not liking this because this goes to show that it has a ton of foaming ingredients in it. A strong Sandalwood scent emanates from the foam as you rinse your face clean.

At least I didn't get breakouts from this one because it's non- comedogenic, meaning it won't clog your pores. It did not heal any of my existing pimples, but I'm glad it somehow lessened the risk. Sometimes, a nasty pimple would persist, but the cleanser helps my skin get rid of it. I don't know if this is effective when used alone, as I have been using my Kiehl's Spot Treatment on my dry and fresh pimples right after washing my face with this cleanser.

What deters me from repurchasing is the scent and the foam. I like my facial cleansers unscented and low- foam. But I can say that it's quite effective. If you're looking for a line that will help your troubled skin, you can give the AC Clinic line a shot. Let me know how it goes for you. :)

Post a Comment

11 Comments

  1. Hi! Thanks for the review. Do you think this would be good for dry-skinned people? Or is it a bit drying din ba?

    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. dardar: hey there! thanks for visiting my site too. :)

    I wouldn't recommend this to dry- skinned people. it has a tightening effect that takes place after washing which is probably caused by the Salicylic Acid content. Dry skinned people should opt for water- based products to help skin retain moisture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope this is fine with preggies ^_^ want to try this out.. (buti may etude house na dito SM sta rosa ^_^) thanks for sharing this hun

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! It's so hard to find pimple-busting cleansers for dry skin! :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tea tree oil or Seba-med could help! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! :) I've been using tea tree oil but it hasn't been working lately. I'll try Seba-med. TYSM :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. dardar: you're welcome. lemme know how it goes. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the review, sis! I was actually planning on buying this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. bing: no prob! :D hope you'll like it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I also have this and I love it :) check out my review here: https://beautyanon.wordpress.com/2013/02/16/etude-house-ac-clinic/

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)