Review: MAYBELLINE ONE BY ONE VOLUMIZING MASCARA IN BLACK

Here's an initial review on Maybelline One By One Volumizing Mascara in Black

PRICE: Around $8.00+ (Approximately 350php)
PLACE BOUGHT: Duty Free Philippines
OTHER LOCATIONS: Maybelline Online; Duty Free Shops

Emili Di Donato for Maybelline One By One (taken from zip-magazine.com)

THE VERDICT:

Here's another wonder product from the Maybelline Lash Bar.

Colossal will always be my favorite mascara because it really gives that much- needed 'oomph' to my lashes. Will One By One knock Colossal out of the number one spot in my list?


Maybelline's patented new wand, the Lash Catcher is packed with bristles so no lash will be left uncoated. Click on the picture for a larger view. You'll see faint pink spots on the body of the bristles. Those are the smaller bristles that surround the bigger bristles. The smaller bristles catch the tiny lashes in between the longer lashes for that natural- looking volume.

First coat

Second coat

Third coat

In terms of consistency, it's thinner and wetter than Colossal. And it dries slower than Colossal. I find that OBO delivers almost the same amount of volume like Colossal. Colossal's thick consistency makes up for the lashes that its wand can't reach. While One By One reaches even the tiniest and thinnest lash. If I want bigger lashes, I go for Colossal. But if I want semi- thick yet long lashes, I go for OBO.

So OBO did not beat my beloved Colossal. But it's a great product too because I find that the patented wand enables me to style my lashes, and it absorbs the mascara thereby preventing me from having gunky and clumpy- looking lashes.

Post a Comment

4 Comments

  1. I love the brush, pero hindi pa po ito available sa dept. stores di ba?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prettythrifty: hello there! thanks for visiting. I think it ain't pa. Hopefully it will be! Maybelline has an awful lot of great mascaras that aren't released here. Hopefully they release the falsies angel wings too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love maybelline mascaras!!! they havent failed me yet!!!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)