RESTAURANT HOPPING: KOMRAD

Beside Cyma is Komrad. A new Chinese restaurant inspired by Mao.

PRICE RANGE: 150- 500
LOCATION: NEW EASTWOOD MALL, EASTWOOD CITY, LIBIS, QUEZON CITY




When one is told to think of "China", the image of Mao Zedong comes to mind. This great political leader is considered as the father of China. No wonder.



Concept- wise, Komrad seems like a tribute to Mao. And these Szechuan- style meals are hypothetical ideas of the food that he probably liked when he was still alive. Just analyzing! :p


Personally, I like the way this restaurant was decorated. The brick walls, depiction of 1930's China, and the red lights which makes the place look alive all appealed to me.


Here's a picture of Mao Tse Tung on the wall.


Here's our table. :)


Table and chairs outside the restaurant.

Here's what we ordered.


Cold Chicken in peanut butter sauce. Err--not a fan. Well, cold chicken meals in general. I only like one cold chicken recipe and that's Hainanese chicken. But Randy loves it!


I think this noodle is called TanTan. I didn't even bother knowing the name 'cos I hate it. It's a freakishly spicy noodle soup with a super spicy broth that explodes right in your throat. I had to drink a glass of iced tea to clear my throat! The best way to describe this dish? I ALMOST DIED WHILE EATING THIS!


I love Lemon Chicken to death so I know what good Lemon Chicken tastes like. My verdict for their Lemon Chicken recipe: Great. I'm lovin' the buttery breading and the lightly sweet Lemon sauce.


Crispy sweet and sour pork. I like. :)


a bowl of hot white rice to accompany my meals. :D


And to cap off our meal, we had soft mongo mochi balls in sweet water with lime wedges and toasted sesame drizzle. Light and refreshing.

As far as I'm concerned, Komrad is one of the few (and cheaper) Chinese restaurants in the Eastwood Area. So to satisfy your Chinese food craving at a budget- friendly price, head over to Komrad.

Post a Comment

2 Comments

  1. we tried komrad libis, nice concept, the ambience is too dark, mosquitos inside the resto, bad service of the waiter.

    food was terrible, we ordered their best selling product but eas dissapointed because too spicy, we ask for tan tan noodles which they recommended for kids, advised us not spicy but it was.

    food are not child friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous: hello! thanks for dropping by! Aww.. must be a bad day for their service, eh? It was like a week after their opening when I ate there so probably they were still in the "impressing" mode. So sad to hear that.

    Hay naku. That tan tan noodles. Halos ikamatay ko pagkain nun!

    Everything is fine naman for me EXCEPT the tan tan noodles.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)