BEAUTY BATTLES: BEST POWDER FOUNDATION


So here's an entry for Beauty Battles: Product Comparison. I haven't updated this section for quite a while. :p

Anyway, it's a bout between Shiseido's Perfect Smoothing Foundation and MAC's Studio Fix Foundation. Who will win as the BEST POWDER FOUNDATION?





THE VERDICT:

SHADE RANGE

MAC has a far more impressive shade range than Shiseido and it has more options to offer, whether you have a cool or warm undertone. But even though Shiseido's shade range is smaller compared to MAC, Asian gals will still find a good match from their array because Shiseido's shades were specifically formulated to fit yellow- toned Asian gals.







PACKAGING

Both come in sleek black cases that don't look and feel cheap. They also have separate breathable compartments for the sponge which to me, is very hygienic.


COLOR PAY-OFF

Both have good pigmentation.

CONSISTENCY

Shiseido is a bit creamy, while MAC is powdery. I like Shiseido's consistency better because it works well either with a powder brush or sponge.

COVERAGE

Shiseido's coverage is heavy, while MAC yields medium coverage. But don't let the heavy coverage of Shiseido scare you: Even though Shiseido yields heavy coverage, it still looks natural on the skin (if blended evenly). It's great for people with marks and discolorations because Shiseido can cover up even dark post- acne marks. On the other hand, Studio Fix can also cover discolorations, albeit it will need a lil' help from a concealer to cover heavy ones.


LASTING POWER

Both powder foundations are not known for their oil- controlling properties. Both will need retouching after 2- 3 hours.

BENEFITS

When it comes to benefits, Shiseido beats MAC. Shiseido's infused with powerful extracts such as Royal Jelly to soothe dry, flaky skin. MAC, on the other hand, has nothing.

WHAT WILL SUIT YOU BEST

Shiseido is best for people with normal to dry skin. The Smoothing foundation's creamy consistency is meant to heal and soothe dry skin. MAC may not be suitable for girls with dry skin because it may have a tendency to emphasize rough and patchy areas.

PRICE

MAC is around 1500-1600php, while Shiseido is far more expensive. You'd have to buy the compact (900php and 1100php) and the foundation (which is sold as a refill at around 1800php) separately.

FINAL VERDICT:

While MAC may be a crowd favorite, I would have to choose Shiseido as the winner. Shiseido's well- known for their amazing powder foundations. So with what you're going to pay for, you're sure to get your money's worth plus a ton of skin benefits, should you choose to purchase any of Shiseido's powder foundations.


THE BEST POWDER FOUNDATION IS:

SHISEIDO'S PERFECT SMOOTHING POWDER FOUNDATION

Post a Comment

8 Comments

  1. I love shiseido perfect smoothing but their compact is too expensive! I had to ask someone to buy the smaller compact which was at $9 lang :D

    abang ako for discounts when getting my fave shiseido items, that's the best time to stock up on my Shiseido essentials.

    (thank you for understanding my sadness on my mutt's passing, Martha. hay, lagi ako umiiyak lalo pag dumadaan ako sa corner nya, hay hay hay. im sorry if my post made you cry, too)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comparison. I'm choosing between MAC and Shiseido. Mas mura kaya sa duty free?

    ReplyDelete
  3. kath: welcome dear! :D Definitely! Duty Free is heaven for makeup lovers like me. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. how about for those who has oily face like me ??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. alpha: I have oily face too. It's oilier than you can imagine. LOL! :D The best thing is to use a primer prior to makeup application, and bring oil blotting sheets for touch-ups.:D

    ReplyDelete
  6. HRB: would you be kind enough to update me on Shiseido's sale events? The smoothing foundation is my HG powder foundation. And I'm already running out of it! :D

    Boggart is now with my dear King. I know my dear King's sharing his tub of Chicken Nuggets with him :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. haven't bought anything from shiseido for ages but i will have to agree with you that their foundations are nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ms. Martha is it true that MAC products are comedogenic? I'm using MAC studio fix kasi. And I have huge pores on the nose area. Napansin ko parang kumakapal yung black/white heads ko sa nose kapag nag aapply ako ng powder. Can it be the reason or it's just my imagination? Thanks Ms. Martha :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)