Review: Nivea Fruity Shine lipbalms :)

Here’s a review on Nivea Fruity Shine Lipbalms.

PRICE: P80.00/lipbalm
PLACE BOUGHT: Free
OTHER LOCATIONS: All leading supermarkets and beauty stores nationwide


THE VERDICT:


What's your first ever makeup product?


Way back in freshman year, my first ever lip product was Nivea Lipbalm in Cherry. As far as I can remember, it wasn’t called ‘Fruity Shine’ before. Cherry is a sheer deep red semi- glossy lipbalm that kept my lips smooth and juicy all day. I really loved it, and I’ve used it religiously until senior year. I think it was the product that made me love red lip shades!

And now, my beloved Cherry lipbalm has grown into a line that was aptly called ‘Fruity Shine’: a collection of glossy tinted balms bursting with fruit flavors.



L-R: Pink Guava, Strawberry, Cherry

Back then, it didn’t have glitters, and finish wasn’t that glossy. I prefer the old formulation, but I don’t really mind because the beautiful deep red shade of Cherry was retained.

It’s best for school, because it doesn’t have the boldness of lipsticks, and the excessive shine of lipglosses. It really keeps lips moisturized and protected. However, since the formulation is glossy, staying power is not that good. You can slip the fruity balms right in your pocket and reapply your lipbalm anytime, anywhere. These balms also taste good! (but that doesn’t mean you can eat it)

I cannot recommend this as a lipstick base though, as the tints can affect the overall color of your lipstick, and the glossiness can make your lipstick slide around your lips. But Nivea has clear and matte lipbalms that make great lipstick bases!


Strawberry is a sparkling bright red tint with sparkle


Here’s my all- time favorite. Cherry is a gorgeous deep red shade. This time, it has sparkles. It doesn’t seem noticeable in this pic though.


Pink Guava is one of the newest shades to join the collection (alongside Pomegranate. Sorry, I’m lacking Pomegranate here). It instantly became a favorite of mine because it yields a pretty tender pink tint!

These balms are very affordable, and they work! On lazy makeup days or during grocery trips, I just apply powder, fix my brows, and swipe either Pink Guava or Cherry, and I’m good to go!

Post a Comment

13 Comments

  1. Hello Martha!

    I know it comes in pomegranate too. Love the lips!

    -rj :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister is raving about this. I need to try it soon paubos na carmex ko. thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These were my first lip balms and still are!!! I love them to bits.I could forget putting all other makeup on except this one!



    Tanya
    http://tardydresser.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, pink guava! I'm so uber curious on how it will taste like.. I've been a fan of balms.. I ca apply them anytime of the day.. I have Human Nature Balm and the blue of this one.. I wanna try this one too.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. this was my first lipbalm in highscool too.. i got my very first nivea l/b from Saudi Arabia, and up to this moment I still love these babies..

    ReplyDelete
  6. so funny how a lot of us, when we use, review or even just talk about nivea lip care, we refer to highschool and stuff! :D so nostalgic talaga nivea cherry, to be specific

    ReplyDelete
  7. RJ: Yup! I mentioned it dear. :D Thanks for the compliment! :D

    Kath: I love carmex too! but this one is a classic, i must say. :)

    Tanya: true! I keep on using mine too, especially now since the weather is becoming hotter. :p

    theresa: yup! :) the blue one is nice too. it makes a great lipstick base. :)

    mera: Hahaha. I knew it! A lot of 90's babies like me have more or less loved this lip balm once in their lives! Thanks for dropping by. :)

    kumiko: i agree. It was the closest thing to lipstick back then, and boo, our catholic school didn't allow us to wear lipgloss, let alone johnson's face powder! And nivea cherry was the biggest contender of chapstick, at least in our school. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Will definitely try out Pink Guava next time! The color is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love using Lip balms, It's perfect for me as a Student! :) My favorite Nivea fruity shine flavor is STRAWBERRY! it looks so natural for me, and it taste good.. :) Whenever I go to a beauty shop, I'm searching for lip balms particularly NIVEA! I love to collects those balms especially during SALE! =) <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. apple: thanks for sharing! strawberry is also nice, but cherry is my favorite. I think strawberry will look nice on fair girls. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. my first ever make up product was a used lip balm from avon (cherry flavor) when i was in elementary. it was a gift from a neighbor! i had no money to buy makeup then eh. hahahah

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)