Decluttering my boudoir

My dresser's becoming smaller and smaller due to my growing fragrance collection. I wanted to let our carpenter make a hanging shelf for my babies, but it will take days, according to him 'cos of all the cutting, painting, etc. (sorry, forgot what he said. I dislike carpentry terms)

So instead of waiting and stressing, I just dropped by MC Home Depot and searched for a Chicago- style rack or any kind of hanging shelf. Alas, I found none. It's either they're too long, or they came in sets of three or four. I just need one!

And then I saw this seemingly obscure hanging box with sliding picture frames in one of the shelves at the frames and shelves section. Right then and there, I had an epiphany. Its length is 18", and it will perfectly fit the space in between my boudoir lamps. The sliding frames are removable, and its height and size is perfect for my perfume bottles!


Tadah. Here it is now. I've converted this picture frame into a shelf. I figured, it wouldn't look good if it's going to be used for pictures anyway.



Now I have more table space for my makeups whenever I'm dressing up!

Post a Comment

17 Comments

  1. Good job, looks neat and cute! Love the blue wall. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lelila: thanks dear! :D

    gift princess: super! wall's actually lavender :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! A light bulb flicked on over my head. That's a great idea! =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the things on top of the frame...the glass jar with candies (am i right?), your boudoir lamp plus the mama mary figurine.

    It's obvious you have a tidy room.

    ReplyDelete
  5. uy nice! i like the idea! , mostly ung bottles mo nasa shade ng purple, or reflection lang from the wall paint bounce ng side lights?

    ReplyDelete
  6. ang nice naman at space-saving.now i have an idea for my stuffs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi martha, do you no longer sell perfumes in your multiply site? i came across your multiply site while browsing. thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ang galing, who say's that a picture frame can't be turned into a shelf? So creative!! I even like the two lights on the both sides of it! You can move freely din po while doing your FOTD's :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. very creative :D ...it seems like it's perfectly designed for your babies:D

    ReplyDelete
  10. tala: thanks dear! :D

    chinadoll: super! thanks for dropping by! :)

    aidisan: those are actually paper stars. I like making them if I've had enough of my computer and Internet surfing. :)

    magz13: I guess it was caused by the light reflection. :)

    karen dee: glad it helped you! thanks for visiting! :)

    lanie: hi dear! I still do, but I only take bulk orders 'cos I now live far away from the supplier. :(

    pretty: true! :D

    mmm: thanks dear! :D my blog misses you hihi. :D

    alpha: true! like me and this shelf were meant to see each other. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. cool! :) I like the carousel display above.. :) You got a gorgeous box there.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great idea! I also like your taste in perfumes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh dear.. i love the wall paint!!! (my fave shade)

    your shelves.. very neat eh! i like it!

    hugs and kisses

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)