Review: Lush Herbalism Facial Wash

Here's a review on Lush Herbalism Facial Wash

PRICE: Forgot. It's around 500-600php
PLACE BOUGHT: Lush, The Fort High Street
OTHER LOCATIONS: Please refer to Lush Philippines' website

DESCRIPTION AND SCREENSHOTS TAKEN FROM lushusa.com

We believe in the benefits of herbs on the skin, which is why we call this cleanser Herbalism. Massaging a preservative free, clay-based, herbal cleanser into our skins gets us quite excited. This one is specifically designed to help absorb excess oils and leave the skin looking less shiny, making it great for skin on the oily side. We put calming rose and chamomile in to soothe and ground almonds for a gentle exfoliation, helping clear up troubled spots. Once you try this, you'll believe in the power of herbs too.







THE VERDICT:

I love Lush Cosmetics for their yummy soaps and luxurious bath and body products. They're pretty costly, but I can say that they're worth every penny 'cos almost all Lush products I've tried didn't disappoint me. Well, if there's something that disappoints me, it's the fact that their products expire ever so quickly.

Herbalism is a soft, dough- like cleanser that's meant for people on the oily side of the skin meter. It's made sans the use of preservatives, which explains why you'd have to use this up in less than 2 months.



It's laced with rosemary and chamomile fragrances. Texture is pretty gritty, and it can pass off as a facial scrub. I only use this twice a week, as too much scrubbing can make my skin become sensitive.


It's a gentle, non- foaming cleanser that effectively get rids of dirt. Upon rinsing, the water literally changes its color, from clear to murky brown. Nice to know that I didn't waste money on an expensive scrub!

How to use: Wet your face with clean water, scoop out two pea- sized amounts, add drops of water on it to soften its texture, rub the product in between your palms, then apply on your face.

Initial effects are: Skin feels smooth and fresh; washes out excess oil on the surface; does not make skin feel tight

It's non- comedogenic, and I think it's safe for people with sensitive skin. However, peeps with this skin type must exercise caution in usage. For people with extra sensitive skin, you might need to consult with a dermatologist first prior to using this product. I wouldn't recommend this to people with dry skin though, as the ingredients can wash out the natural oil you need to keep your dry areas tamed and moisturized.

The downside is, since it doesn't have preservatives, it literally rots and develops molds on it. Herbalism is just like a kitchen concoction, and it's really meant to be used up as quickly as possible. I wouldn't buy this again. I don't see myself using it everyday 'cos of its grittiness. Besides, it feels bad to see your 600 pesos rot before your eyes.

Post a Comment

4 Comments

  1. Meron akong ganyang natry from Lush, yung color black sya(scrub) and pink(anti-aging). I forgot their names na. Ok naman sya, first use mo palang parang nagsmooth na skin ko and pwede mo sila imix. Yun nga lang may expiration and mahal. hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you got a point there honey..,as okay kase gumastos sa product na love mong gamitin everyday at mas mahaba yung service nya..though its worth the price, yung fact na mabilis syang ma expire ay di recommendable for someone ( like me ) na matipid :D thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the price that actually breaks my heart. I'm a super kuripot to the core girl. But since you said it yourself that it's definitely worth it, I'm quite interested into giving it a try pero hindi pa ngayon. Maybe next month? xP

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello. Just want to ask ilang grams itong tub? I love their other facial cleansers and Im looking for a new one :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)