A Rush Of Blood: Majolica Majorca Blood On Lip and Cheek Tint Review

Here's a review on Majolica Majorca Blood On Lip and Cheek Tint

PRICE: P495.00
PLACE BOUGHT: Free
OTHER LOCATIONS: All Majolica Majorca counters in malls nationwide


THE VERDICT:

After a moderate or strenuous physical activity, you get this warm feeling on your cheeks, plus a nice flush of pink. That's because blood is pumping and circulating all over your body. But that blushing look will disappear eventually when you rest from your activity.

Surely, pink blushes can help you sport that 'natural blush' anytime, but most of them just seem so unnatural. If you like working out, you probably know that the color of your 'natural blush' is light reddish pink. Not candy pink, sand pink, dusty pink, or cotton candy pink.


And this was the inspiration behind Majolica Majorca's latest product, Blood On from the Lash King collection. It's a Lip and Cheek color that imitates your natural flush.



Blood On is jellied blood in a compact. Lol! That sounds too gory. It's a reddish pink, non-sticky, gel- like blush. Unlike other lip and cheek colors, this one does not leave a nasty stain on your fingers. It has a moisturizing, balmy feel to it, which makes it good for people with dry skin.


It's not that pigmented though because it's meant to mimic the 'natural flush' as closely as possible. I find that it goes well on fair skin tones. While morenas like me would need to work this a little bit to make the color pop from our golden skin. The color might look scary in the pan, but it looks very natural on the skin.


It's very compact and lightweight. Perfect to bring anytime, anywhere.


Here it is on my cheeks. I had to apply it for like four times to achieve this flushed look. Morena ladies, how do you work it? Apply your usual liquid or cream base then let it dry for around 3 minutes, then apply Blood On on your cheeks. Finally, dust some sheer setting powder on it. I like using translucent powder on it because shade- matching powders can dull its color. But if you don't have translucent powders, use a stippling brush to apply any setting powder on it.


It's also good for people with dry and chapped lips because the balmy consistency helps moisturize dry and flaky areas. Apply it sparingly though, as it has the tendency to feel heavy if layered on. Look, it also mimicked the natural pink tone of the lips!


I just worked out! LOL. Honestly, it does not stay well on people with oily skin like me. But if you use a good setting powder on it, it can stay longer. Regardless, I still have to reapply it around 2- 3 times during wear. It's not the best thing to wear if the weather is humid. But on colder days, and in colder areas, methinks this will stay better.

Overall, I love the color, but I wish it could stay longer on my cheeks. I like using it on days when I just want to wear minimal makeup.


Anybody here who has tried Blood On? What are your thoughts?

Post a Comment

12 Comments

  1. I want one who can stay forever in my cheeks. I guess what I'm asking for is to live in a colder area unlike ours and eat plenty of veges to get that pinkish/reddish cheeks! :)

    In another hand, you've got here a nice review about the product. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa, it looks so scary on the pot (dugo talaga haha!) but it looks natural when applied naman pala.

    ReplyDelete
  3. agree with what Joyce said.. It really looks blood and kinda scary.. haha..

    ReplyDelete
  4. sana meron rin for oily skin like me..thanks by the way for sharing and the tip kung pano sya i apply for morena skin..love your blogs :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww..too bad it didn't last on you. Gusto ko one time applyan lang for the whole day ang cheek tint, like the one from Bench hehe. The color looks so natural on you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. so natural lang parang nagblush lang hihi.. so nice packaging for 495php not that bad for a dual makeup ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. na spook out ako sa color and texture. Stage blood ba! hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Weird, but it looks yummy to me. hehe parang jelly. hehehe Anyway i haven't tried any of the lip and cheek tint, cause I do have oily skin, I know it wouldn't last on my face if ever, thanks for this review Ms.Martha, at least we are informed na.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I confess that Im not a big fan of cheek color or cheek tint, although i remmber nung bata pa ginagamit ng nanay naten as blusher eh lipstick hahaha. I prefer blush on powder mas easier to apply and control ung amount. I like the lip tint, isa sa mga nice thing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. saw this for real.. my friend bought one for herself and it's looks bloody hell.. haha.. :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)