UBD: Unusual Black Dress

I have a lot of black dresses in my closet because I think black is an essential color. I have a few perennial favorites, but this gem from Vestito is my go-to dress nowadays. I think I've already worn it thrice last week!


When you say LBD, Audrey Hepburn and her iconic shift dress are the first things that will come to mind. I still admire that style and would love to have one, but new seasons call for new trends. I find the shift dress a bit formal for casual days, and this is the reason why I'm madly in love with this Vestito dress. I particularly love it for its cut and style that can be worn from dog strolls to cocktail parties. I wear it with flats for a laid-back look, and slip on some pumps and add chunky and flashy jewelry for a chic party look. This dress is a great mix of sophistication and sexiness.



BAG: Louis Vuitton
PUMPS: Brash by Payless
ACCESSORIES: Pinkbox; Forever21; Amber earrings from Tibet

Vestito means "Dressed" in Italian. Angela Batoon, owner of Vestito, got bored of the usual dresses available in the market. She mused that she 'couldn't find a dress that can look glam in any occasion.' It's either they're too casual, or too dressy. Her search for the elusive versatile dress went on, and one day, she finally decided to make one herself. And Vestito was born. Her friends admired the classic and sophisticated feel and designs of her clothes, and this led her to share her much- loved dresses to everyone.


Vestito is available at The Ramp at Crossings.

Post a Comment

15 Comments

  1. That's a gorgeous dress! Bagay na bagay sa yo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. jill: thanks dear! :)

    Mich: haha. thanks! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow..gorgeous!!.. mas sexy talaga pag shoulder baring dress db?? mas sophisticated..

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the halter, makes you look even more sexy and elegant in black!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so lovely! you look so simple yet elegant here Ms.Martha!
    The story of Vestito is indeed a very inspiring one!
    I remember this blouse of mine,which is color black too, and almosr has the same style with yours, pero sa tiangge lang po yun akin, and it's true, that kind of dress is very versatile. All you have to do is to put or wear some accessories to glam up! pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the outfit! ❤ and i'm totally diggin' the pumps! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. here's my reaction: double UYYYYYYYYYYY (for the dress and the pumps!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i saw this post on fb thumbnail lang nakita ko ganda na both the dress and ung naka side look pose =) ... i love black dress. i find it gorgeous kasi.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This dress would've looked totally weird on most people.Your rockin' body pulled it off.

    ReplyDelete
  10. True, it's not that the dress looks good. It's your body that made the dress look good. The cut of that dress is really, really weird

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)