Review: MAC Penultimate Liner in Rapid Black


Here’s a review on MAC Penultimate Liner in Rapid Black

PRICE: Approximately P1,000.00
PLACE BOUGHT: MAC, Singapore
OTHER LOCATIONS: Local MAC stores; MAC Online


THE VERDICT:

I’m a MAC fan for the longest time because their products rarely disappoint--except for the Penultimate eyeliner. Before I reveal my not-so-good verdict on this one, let’s look at the packaging first.


The product is in a chunky yet lightweight pen with a felt tip applicator. I find that the applicator is precise because it has a really thin tip, making it less prone to lining errors.


I also like the fact that this liner is very pigmented, and it only took me a swipe to achieve this opaque and jet- black swatch.


The product dries rapidly, and it gives a lovely glossy finish that draws attention to the eyes.


I have no qualms about the packaging and pigmentation. But the problem lies in its staying power. For gals with excessively oily lids like me, this will not suit you. After 6 hours, it smeared like crazy on my under eyes and lids. I’ve used it with and without an eye primer on, and it always ends up like this on my eyes.

I won't buy this again. I’m better off with a waterproof gel or pencil liner. (In general, I fare well with these two eyeliner variants) But if you have normal lids, I would suggest that you give this a try, as it seems like a good product. But I would still suggest that you use an eye primer to keep it intact for the rest of the day.

Post a Comment

8 Comments

  1. ..smudgy pala sya..nakakatakot pa naman pag ganito kase my tendency na magmukhang puyat or zombie eyes.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Parang ang ganda pa naman niya sa swatch pero pag tumagal, waley na.. ):

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww lasting power pa naman is the primary factor I consider when I buy liners because like you, i have super oily lids na kahit may primer na, the liner still smudges. btw martha, what is your recommended liner in gel or pencil form? thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww.. bat ganun? I tried using liquid eyeliner dati and I admit till now hindi ako marunong maglagay ng eyeliner hahahaha :)) any technique you can gave me in applying liner? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Di pala pede sakin to kasi hindi pa ko sanay mag line ng perfect. Sigurado mag smudge agad sakin yan habang nilalagay ko pa lang.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! So sad. An expensive liner shouldn't smudge like that.
    Siguro pag ginamit ko yan, muka na akong character ng "The Walking Dead' yung zombie. hehe joke :D cause I have oily lids and teary eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have very oily lids too.. Gel liner works best for me. But what pencil liner could you suggest that has a long staying power? Thanks Martha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ang mahal for an eyeliner. pero parang madaling gamitin

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)