My Top 5 Most- Favorite Volumizing Mascaras


People often ask me here in my blog what my top five mascara brands are, and I just thought of answering these queries in a more comprehensive manner by means of a blog entry. Read on and find out why these 5 babies have become my most favorite wonder sticks.

The common denominator with my favorites is that they all have great volumizing powers. As you all know, volume is my main problem. Well, I also like lengthening mascaras, but dramatic volume is a personal preference of mine. Besides, I know you will all agree when I say that thick and lush lashes are sexy and beautiful!


From left to right:

MAJOLICA LASH KING MASCARA
It’s length and volume in a tube. I love the fact that the thick liquid fibers help add volume and fullness to my eyes. It stays all day, and it makes my lashes so obedient to the lash curler. But the formula’s so persistent; it requires a good amount of effort and time to remove. But for what it can do, I find it forgivable!

COLOR COLLECTION TRIPLE EFFECT MASCARA
This made it to my hit list because it works more than what I have expected! It’s an insanely affordable mascara that works like a high- end one. It’s so impressive, that it has earned a spot in the heart of a mascara snob like me. Albeit it requires some getting used to and the right techniques to make it work. It looked like crap on me during my first usage, but when I’ve experimented with it, I made it work fantastically. Watch my Youtube video called THE WALTZING TECHNIQUE and find out how you can make the most out of this mascara.


BENEFIT THEY’RE REAL MASCARA
For lashes beyond belief, I reach for this. The wand is expertly made to deliver fullness and length to woeful lashes. I like this particularly because of its curling ability. This, plus a good eyelash curler like Shu Uemura equals lasting curl all throughout the day. The spiky end is also perfect for coating my lower lashes. Unfortunately, this is not affordable, and the price can be too much for something that you'll throw away in 3 months.

MAYBELLINE COLOSSAL MASCARA
My all- time favorite. It’s actually my HG volumizing mascara. I would always make it a point to drop by Duty Free Philippines right after mom gets back from an out-of-the-country business trip so I could stock up on these. It’s so easy to use, delivers instant volume, and practically lasts all day. It also gives my eyes depth and definition. I highly recommend it to everyone! Sadly, this will not be released in the Philippines. Instead, we have The Magnum, its Asian counterpart. Between this and The Magnum, I’ll go for Colossal in a heartbeat because I find that The Magnum is a bit clumpy on the lashes.

MAJOLICA MAJORCA LASH ENAMEL GLAMOUR VOLUME ON
I love this because it’s so pigmented, and means business when it comes to volumizing. It provides a lovely glossy finish to my lashes. Snufflelufugus lashes, anyone? (Martha raises her hand) I find that of all the Majolica Majorca lashes, this one’s the easiest to remove and apply. It has a slight curling power as well.

There you have it! Feel free to ask more queries. :)

Post a Comment

9 Comments

  1. Wow!drooling over your faves. I think I'll try the colour collection first. Thanks for posting this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will buy the LASH KING soon!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sabi na, kukuha ng 2 places sa top mascaras ninyo ang MM :) Pero it's so nice na kasama ang CC Mascara sa top five po ninyo! Super affordable among the rest hehe Just like Kath, eto din muna itatry ko:) After ng Maybelline Hypercurl (My current favorite budget friendly mascara hehe ^^).
    Pero ba't po kaya inistop na ng MAybelline ang pagpoproduced ng ibang products which are actually great? Wherein sa US meron naman? Like the Baby lips, sa ibang country tinted sya, pero saten hindi ? (nagmamaktol ??)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this very helpful post. Will try a few. My current fave is VMV, over & above the others I've tried like Estee Lauder, Clinique, Lancome and even Majolica.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, to think my HG mascara is the Maybelline Magnum and there's a better one (Colossal?)? hmmm, I must ask my tita from the States... But I also like to try the one from Colour Collection! Thanks for sharing your faves Martha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where can I get that Colour Collection mascara?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have you tried Max Factor False Lash Effect mascara? If yes, is it good as well?

    ReplyDelete
  8. kath: go dear! :D I think their retail branch is at commonwealth. :)

    gellie: go! let me know how you like/hate it. :)

    jenny: love majolica! :D go for color collection! :)

    anonymous: hello and welcome to tbj! you can get it from tupperware dealers. as of now, they don't have retail stores yet, except for the one in commonwealth. Please inquire via tupperware's fb fan page. :)

    soleil: hello and welcome to tbj! :D I love Lancome and chanel. Too bad. they're very expensive! Ooh la lash is nice too. :)

    issa: yes! colossal is the bomb! :D you can get it cheaper from the US, so ask your tita to get some for you. :)

    anonymous: hello and welcome to tbj! yes, I have tried that, and it's great too. :) I think I have reviewed that already, so please hover your mouse at the labels drop box and click the max factor label. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. my vote goes to MAYBELLINE COLOSSAL MASCARA :)) the best! for me lang naman kasi favorite ko siya at yan lang yung natry ko sa lahat ng nabanggit hehehe..

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)