Aria+The Cake Club


Last month, the BF and I have celebrated our monthly togetherness at Aria and The Cake Club.

PRICE RANGE: P200- 1000.00


I've been reading a lot of raves about this restaurant so I thought of giving it a shot. Italian food is a favorite of mine. I love it for its clean taste and festive flavors. But most Italian restaurants today offer 'commercialized' Italian dishes. They taste quite ordinary (at least to me), and I'm missing the play of flavors in my mouth whenever I'm gobbling 'em down. Perhaps these restaurants are cutting down their expenses by looking for alternative ingredients. As we all know, Italian cuisine demands high- quality ingredients--and these ingredients don't come at an affordable cost. So they try to make up for the taste by offering extra large portions to keep their customers. Well, that doesn't do it for me as I'm a 'quality over quantity' kind of gal. Sorry!

And I'm so glad I've found Aria. It's an Italian restaurant that actually offers AUTHENTIC Italian dishes. I know, their food is pricey. But I don't mind paying extra bucks for good food!


Homey, pleasant, and stylishly simple: These words best describe the interior of Aria. I love it because the place is so conducive to dining--it lets you focus on food!



Quattro Formaggi is my favorite pizza recipe. Aria's version evolves from mild to sour to salty and then to sharp. An authentic four cheese pizza indeed!


The BF's Osso Bucco. Fork- tender beef and flavorful gravy. Yum!


Costicine Di Agnello is Aria's star dish. Tender, juicy grilled Lamb shanks. It's so heavenly especially if paired with steaming white rice. But I wish the Lamb shanks were bigger and meatier though. One of the shanks on my plate was chock-full of fat, and the portions are pretty small for P980.00. Well at least they taste goooood! :p


Creamy and dreamy Creme Brûlée. It's a light and sweet way to end my Aria experience.

Aria has an interesting dessert selection, but The Cake Club is calling my name!

PRICE RANGE: P250.00- 800.00


The Cake Club is the official cake maker of the gods. LOL! Like seriously, I haven't tasted such great cakes in my entire life! Their cakes are artistically crafted from design to taste, and you wouldn't mind paying that much for a slice!


Best sellers: Le Royale, Baked Cheesecake, Danielle


FUN FACT: The green meringue cake at the rightmost part of the cake freezer is called 'Vanessa'. It was named after one of Diamond Hotel's managers. :)


Hediard teas. They seem like the 'Hermes' of the tea world. They look so expensive!


Ispahan is a fruity cake made up of raspberry, macadamia, and rich cream sandwiched between two chewy meringue crusts.


The BF loves it. Actually, anything that has the word 'Berry' on it, the BF will eat.


A cake that's fit for a king! Le Royale is three layers of heavenly chocolate truffle, crisps, and velvety dark chocolate. FYI, Le Royale is the only chocolate cake I eat. :)


My prince on a plate! Yup, he can save any damsel in distress!

I recommend both restaurants. You'll get your money's worth. Promise. :)


There you have it! Sheesh, food blogging always makes me hungreeeh. Have a great Monday and stay beautiful everyone! :)

Post a Comment

7 Comments

  1. woot i saw a lot of desserts!!! yum yum.. hihi..

    ReplyDelete
  2. waaah!!!im on a strict diet but the cake club is also calling my name!!!lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so yummy! I never been in any luxurious restaurant. PArang ang sarap sarap ng Quattro Formaggi at ng Creamy & Dreamy Brulee (sosyal ang pangalan!). I like the names of the cake din sa Cake Club. Ang lakas maka sosy. hehe
    Theater na theater actor ang dating ng pose ni BF.Ang cute mo sa last picture! Busog sarap sa post na to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love cakes! ang cute ng last pic. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello girls! The Cake Club is one of the best dessert places in town, IMO. :) You gals should try it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. your post made me starve! hehehe ^__^

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)