Review: Wet N' Wild Color Icon in 'Im Getting Sunburned'


Here's a review on Wet N' Wild Color Icon Eyeshadow Palette in I'm Getting Sunburned

PRICE: Around P270.00+
PLACE BOUGHT: MUD, Serendra, Fort Bonifacio, Taguig City
OTHER LOCATIONS: Please refer to Wet N' Wild Philippines on Facebook

THE VERDICT:

A lot of my readers say that I'm pretty skilled in the art of eye makeup. Well, thank you for that nice compliment even if I feature the same color combinations almost always! Truth be told, whatever I can do, you guys can do as well. Eye makeup will be easy once you get the hang of it, and it will be much easier if you have helpful eyeshadow palettes like Wet N' Wild's Color Icon.



It's so foolproof, that you can let your baby sister do your eye makeup! Kidding! Wet N' Wild's eyeshadow palette features three complimenting shades that will take you from day to night. I chose 'I'm Getting Sunburned' because of that lovely orange-copper shade at the bottom.

Caveat: Case doesn't feel that sturdy though.



It comes with a small angled eyeshadow brush (for creating creases and shading outer Vs) and sponge applicator (for highlighting inner lids and brow bones). However, I find that the angled brush is useless--it doesn't grab the right amount of color, disperses eye shadow messily, looks flimsy, feels scratchy, and too small for my grip. But I don't mind since I have a lot of eyeshadow brushes, and that goes to show that it is really worth investing in a good set of brushes.


Anyway, I like the fact that the instructions are etched on the powders for your convenience. If you're already good at eye makeup, you can only use 1 or 2 of the eyeshadow colors and still come up with a masterpiece.

BROWBONE- A frosted icy pink shade
CREASE- A rich coffee brown shade with crimson shimmer
EYELID- frosted orange-copper shade


Here's a look I came up with using the palette. The pink shade gave a nice splash of color to break the monotonous neutral variation.

Texture is quite chalky, and fallout is significant. But its pigmentation makes up for these faults. For an affordable eyeshadow palette, it is ridiculously pigmented. Check out the swatch again! It only took me ONE SWIPE of each to come out with those vivid color swatches.

But I found out that its crazy pigmentation has a tendency to defeat itself, especially for people who have heavy hands. I've learned from makeup class that gradual application triumphs over application. Because gradual application prevents miscalculation lest you waste time on make up preparation. (Wow! Everything rhymed!) So my advice to those who have this or are planning to buy this, just dab an eyeshadow brush on the pans gently. That's enough for you to grab some color. Sweep the brush on your lids lightly, then build color if desired. Just practice, practice, practice!

It stays put all day, especially if used with an industrious eye primer. However, I haven't used the eyeshadows sans eye primer on. I dare not because I have freakishly oily lids. Well, the powders are chalky, and that's a tell-tale sign that the colors will fade and run off if you don't use an eye primer underneath.

Overall, this is good stuff and I'll buy it again. It's not a perfect product, but I find its flaws forgivable because it's very affordable, and quality is too nice for its price. Color Icon comes in a lot of interesting color combinations, and it's impossible for you to not find something that you'll like.

Post a Comment

13 Comments

  1. Any video tutorials?love that eyeshadow look

    ReplyDelete
  2. kaye: hello there! none for this one as of the moment, but I shall record a video one of these days. I just followed the instructions etched on the palette. that's all. I'm sure you can do it too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice work on the eyeshadow..i'd be considering to buy that palette :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should try the Silent Treatment trio. The taupe shade is absolutely to die for! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been hearing too much raves with the WnW palettes, thanks for the honest review of saying they're chalky and with fall outs since most reviews I've read tend to skip that part out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bet na bet pang summer ang color! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love the orange copper shade too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. summer na summer ang shades ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  9. kaya siguro madaling mabura eye makeup ko kasi i dont use eye primer...dami kong hindi alam. tsk. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gustong gusto kong makabili ng W&W na palette na ganyan. Parang sobrang easy po kasi nung combination nya. Good for everyday use. hehe
    Ano pa nga ba, you always look stunning naman in you FOTD's :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi girls! get this na! I would also recommend as cool as a cucumber (hope I got the name correctly). The green shades are nice! :)

    bunso21: glad you like it! :D

    kat: hello there! Thanks for sharing. I have blue jeans. Will cook up an eotd using that one. :)

    ems and les: glad you like the review! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. i would have to say that you did a masterpiece! ^_^ it was nicely done

    ReplyDelete
  13. you sound very professional :)

    check out my review on On Cloud Nine, Walking On Eggshells and Don't Steal My Thunder here:

    http://beautyanon.wordpress.com/2012/06/23/review-wet-n-wild-color-icon-trios/

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)