The Beauty Junkee X Viana Mendez for Jesi Mendez Free Makeup Class


Last February, Viana Mendez, daughter of beauty expert Jesi Mendez and I held a free makeup class for my lovely blog readers.


The class was held at Jesi Mendez Salon, Promenade, Greenhills.

Here's how the makeup class went!


Viana started the class with a quick 'getting to know' session and wasted no time by executing her lessons right away.

The class was divided into 7 parts:

The importance of face priming
Knowing your skin type
Choosing the right foundation
Finding the right shape of brows/How to groom your brows
How to wear false eyelashes properly/Effective eyelash curling
Basics on proper blush application and contouring
Basics on eyeshadow blending/color combination



The real teacher in Viana: Viana made sure that the students know the techniques she taught like a prayer. After every lesson, the participants had to answer a quiz to help retain and recap what they've learned from Viana.


Choosing the right foundation part

Viana patiently answers all the queries of beauty blogger Char of Yellow Yum


This is Mr. Nestor Espiritu, the 'Brow Expert' of Jesi Mendez Greenhills branch. He's known for his personal and efficacious brow grooming and shaping techniques. Have a brow problem? Drop by Jesi Mendez Greenhills and look for him!


Arlette Alvarado, founder and owner of local DIY waxing and skin care brand STRIP IT! has learned to face her number one fear: Eyeshadows! :D


Viana guides beauty blogger Bec San Diego of My Gorgeous Pink Cheeks during the 'How to curl your eyelashes properly' part. Want to know what Viana's technique is? Enroll in one of her classes. :D


Viana would also ask the participants to come on over to the hot seat so she could check their work. In here, she's correcting Char's blush application, and lets Char correct the other side on her own. Makeup is a practical thing and doing it by yourself is truly the best way to be good at it.


The participants honing their eyeshadow skills.

There you have it! Here are their final works! I'm so proud of all my Suma Cum Laudes! LOL! Congratulations guys! Good job! :)


And yours truly. :)


Super thanks to Viana, Nestor, and Jesi Mendez Greenhills branch for this spectacular opportunity for me and my readers. I've always dreamed of meeting and teaching them some practical makeup tips in person, but never really knew how, when, and where. So thank you again for making my dream a reality! :D


I'm now a certified makeup artist---FOR MYSELF! Kidding aside, enrolling in a makeup class gives you confidence to put makeup on yourself (at least). Remember, you should have a good grounding in everything that you do. For example: if you want to turn makeup artistry into a profession, INVEST IN GOOD TEACHERS.

The Beginners makeup class is at P3,500.00 per person/slot. Viana Mendez also offers advanced makeup classes. For more information, please visit Jesi Mendez Salon, Promenade Greenhills or inquire via JESI MENDEZ'S FACEBOOK FAN PAGE.

Post a Comment

10 Comments

  1. Wow! I'm sure madami sila natutunan. I wish I can attend one someday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love makeup classes! :) looks like the girls had fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. im so happy na okay na ang captcha dito..im having a hard time posting my comments for 2 weeks i guess..

    na windang ako sa dami ng shades ng eyeshadow..love the looks..

    anu bang magandang technic sa paglalagay ng eyeliner kapag hindi ka naman chinita? hirap din kase akong mag cover ng eyebags ko.

    thanks for sharing your wondeful experience with us Ms. martha :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is what I've been waiting for. Even Ms.Char attended and grab the opportunity pala sa make-up class nyo! So great! They are so lucky to meet you and learn new great things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sayang hindi ako umabot dun sa pagcomment para makasama dito =( enjoy sila lahat =) i really wanted to learn more on basics of applying makeup, dear.. if you have resources email me po.. me and my friend is planning to do makeup as partime job..

    rescueta@gmail.com

    hugs and kisses
    rhaindropz

    ReplyDelete
  6. you look like Juliana Palermo here! hehehe dami mong kamukha Ms. Martha ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. ruth: thanks dear! :D

    Will try organize one again soon girls. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. makeup classes sound interesting...make up tips from you in person is more interesting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really don't know anything about putting on makeup. I only apply lipstick and face powder.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I definitely learned a lot, I never even thought I put on too much blush until Viana pointed it out. So glad I was able to attend =) thanks Martha!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)