Meet Ion


If you happen to be staying in at one of the resorts in Station 1 Boracay, keep an eye for this mini cow named Ion. LOL! Ion is a massive Labrador-Mongrel mix, and a local tourist attraction. :D


She actually looks like a sack the first time I saw her. Last Monday, I've walked up to Station 1 with the BF for the love of Jonah's Choco Banana Peanut milkshake. On the BF and I's way back to our resort at Station 2, he got a bit hungry and decided to look for a Choriburger. A few meters from Jonah's, we saw a stall that sells one, plus this jet- black sack on the sand that looked pretty weird. As I got closer, I've noticed that it has fur. And then all of a sudden, a head popped out from the round figure. It's a dooooggg! :p


Ion is definitely one of the must- sees (and must pet) in the island. :D In case you're wondering where she's staying at Station 1, she's just always stays beside this Isaw/Choriburger/Inihaw food stall owned by a group of aged women. (Sorry, forgot the actual landmarks) Ion's unusual size and calm demeanor has captured the hearts of the tourists. According to the owners of the stall, the tourists, especially foreigners, would always buy her food! :)



The women in the stall also told me that Ion is a bottomless pit. She seems to can't get enough of food. Well, this picture is proof. Ion approached me and the BF while we were waiting for our snack and sat down in front of us, patiently waiting for 'donations'.


Well, I gave in and bought 40 pesos worth of grilled pig ears. She ate my snack!


Unfortunately, Ion's right eye is blind, hence the blue-white reflective cast. But that didn't affect her cuteness and lovableness at all! :)

So if you see a massive, black, sack-like object on the sand in Station 1, please don't kick it or throw your garbage on it 'cos she's Ion. If you're lucky enough, you could spot her swimming in the crystal waters with her owner, trying to shed off excess body fat haha. :P

Post a Comment

13 Comments

  1. Hah! I have a picture with this dog too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ang cute naman ni Ion. I love dogs! It breaks my heart knowing blind yung isa nyang mata. kawawa naman sya.
    Anyway, wow! glowing skin ka talaga Ms.Martha! Witwiw!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahaha cute. sayang di ko sya nakita dati:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi ION looking at you i remember SAITO ^__^ (pronounced as Say-to)you two were look-alike!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!!! she's so CUTE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. rae: wow! can i see it? :D

    jakie: she was probably a baby then :)

    anonymous: cute indeed! :D

    gellie: a grilled pig ear stick would be a requirement :)

    jenny: yah. she's still happy though thanks for the compliment! :D

    blogchef: awww.and why is that my dear? :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. animal phobia i guess. last year, i was forced to move out from my previous apartment kasi my landlady bought a pitbull...sa lahat ng tao sa compound, ako lang kinakahol nya. :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. i bet Ion has her "celebrity status" already in Boracay! well, she's a cutie! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  9. Christine DacanayMay 10, 2012 at 9:13 AM

    she actually reminds me of my rottweiler named Trixie! :) except the fact that my dog would always tackle me down to the floor every time I play with her. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. He's a big dog!:) I'm a dog lover too!:) I feel bad about his eye condition.. He looks like our dog Abel!:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ion looks adorable and hs eyes seem to talk, I just hope his human would assess his diet/food consumption, he looks overweight. :(

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)