Review: Laura Mercier Eye Canvas


Here's a review on Laura Mercier Eye Canvass in EC-2

PRICE: P995.00
PLACE BOUGHT: Free
OTHER LOCATIONS: Laura Mercier counters in all Rustan's stores


THE VERDICT:

If you still think that Urban Decay's Primer Potion is still the eye primer to beat, then you probably haven't met Laura Mercier's Eye Canvas.

Jeffrey Tasker, International Make Up Artist for Laura Mercier, was indeed right when he said that LM's eye primers are one of the world's best- selling primers. I've been using it every single day ever since I had it!

Eye Canvas is the new and improved version of the Eye Basics eyelid primer. The former is more lightweight and matte than the latter. Eye Canvas also helps improve the appearance of your eyelids naturally. One of its key ingredients, Potato Starch, helps lock eyeshadows in place.


It comes in a small and lightweight glass jar. Perfect to bring with you anywhere.



EC-2 is a light beige yellow- toned shade. Eye Canvass comes in 5 shades, and EC-2 is the most Asian- friendly shade in my opinion.


As you can see, coverage is sheer, but you can build it up. Consistency is a bit creamy at first, then it starts feeling powdery as you blend it. Finally, it settles to a matte finish. It is fragrance- free as well.


Bare under eye


With two layers of Laura Mercier's Eye Canvass. You can hardly notice the product, eh? It's almost invisible!

It can also be used on its own since the product is meant to act just like your skin--but only better. It corrects minor discolorations, smoothens rough surfaces, and fills in fine lines for a fresher and healthier- looking eye area.


Eye Canvas used in an EOTD post

I love the fact that the product lets me blend eyeshadow colors with ease. It also lets me know when I'm already applying too much color because it makes colors appear vivid and true.

TIP: Allow Laura Mercier's Eye Canvas to bind with your skin by letting it settle for a minute or two before applying eyeshadow on it.

And the best part?


It extends eyeshadow wear. FOR REAL. Here's my eye makeup after 8 hours. Seems like it didn't fade for even a bit! Oh, please take note I have extremely oily lids. The fact that my makeup stayed like this for 8 hours just goes to show you that the Eye Canvas is a good investment. Its power didn't wane even in the toughest conditions and on the toughest eyelids! (like mine)

I fell in love with it more because it conceals post- acne marks and zits excellently. Its 'No Budge' formula just keeps those nasty zits and marks from showing up and ruining my mood! :)

Overall, I love it, and I will buy it again. Laura Mercier has been around for a long time, but I feel that it's such an underrated brand. :(

Well, listen up people. Time for you to realize that great things come in dark brown and silver packaging! :D

Post a Comment

14 Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing! Now I know na pede rin pala ang eye primer sa under eye. Akala ko kasi sa eyelids lang. Mukhang maganda nga yung Laura Mercier, ganda pa din ng eye makeup mo sis after 8 hours ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your cosmetic reviews and tutorials; they really help me a lot in choosing and playing with make-up. I'm a newbie in the area, but I really want to go experimenting and stuff. Problem is, I'm scared to do so. Posts like yours really become my guide. Keep posting, TBJ!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like an amazing product. Is it kind of a matte when applied?

    ReplyDelete
  4. May rival na UD. Amazing, after 8hours, nothings changed sa eyeshadow nyo. Superb product from Laura Mercier!

    ReplyDelete
  5. and the price truly says it's one of the best talaga! hehe :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laura Mercier eye canvas.. be mine!! this is totally amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for this.. i must have this one as my primer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i might wanna try this one out. but wait, is it also for the undereye area or just the lids? pls forgive my ignorance. hihi.

    ReplyDelete
  9. parang walang nangyari after 8 hours.. two thumbs up ang staying power.. worth the price

    ReplyDelete
  10. lorsee: yep! wrote it in the review. :D

    sows: nope, not for the under eye. it hardens a bit and it might settle on under eye lines if you use it as a concealer. :)

    b: super good buy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. this looks great! :) it is quite expensive so it really must be worth it :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. <3 the eyeshadow look you did there! *drool* ganduh!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)