FAN MAIL FRIDAYS: Managing Oily Skin


Hello girls! It's FAN MAIL FRIDAYS once again and here's a good one from Mary Lynne. :)

Hello Ms. Beauty Junkee!

Could you help me w/ my problem? :( I'm turning 19 yrs old next week and I want to get rid of my super oily skin lalo na if it's hot. Parang I feel sticky kapag nasa school ako :( I want to ask what's the best skin care product for oily skin?

PS: i super duper love ur blog!

Best,

Mary Lynne

Hi there Mary Lynne!

Looks like you've asked the right person! I have oily skin too! But thank goodness beauty blogging has made me find ways to deal with it.

Unfortunately, you cannot get rid of oily skin. It is the skin type you're born with, and the best thing to do is accept and love it by finding the right products to help you manage it. Here are some tips on how to find the apt products for your skin type. Click READ MORE and find out. :)

GENERAL RULE FOR PEOPLE WITH OILY SKIN:



BUY NON- COMEDOGENIC, ACNEGENIC, OIL- FREE PRODUCTS

- Oily skinned people are very prone to breakouts so look for products with such labels because they are formulated sans pore cloggers like Mineral Oil. Excessive oil on the surface is enough to keep your pores from breathing, so make sure your face products won't congest your skin.

SKIN CARE:


PORE CLEANING FACIAL CLEANSERS WITH MINT EXTRACTS

- Did you know that Mint helps get rid of excess oil on the skin surface? Apart from that, the cooling sensation it yields tightens up your pores so it won't spew out excess oil. Tighter pores means cleaner and fresher skin surface.



OIL- FREE MOISTURIZERS, GEL MOISTURIZERS

- Go for oil- free moisturizers because you have enough oil to last you a lifetime. Most oil- free moisturizers come in gel form because gel is primarily water- based, ergo very hydrating. If your skin detects that it is well- hydrated on the surface, it will less likely excrete oil.

MAKE UP:



MATTE, OIL- FREE, LONGWEARING

- When purchasing makeup, look for these words on the label. Oily skin is the enemy of makeup, so make sure your makeup products are industrious enough to last you the whole day.

FIXERS:


MARIO BADESCU FACIAL SPRAY

- My current favorite right now. It is an all- natural facial mist that hydrates and sets makeup.

You may opt for traditional makeup fixers, but I would suggest this one because it's gentler, natural, and doesn't clog pores.





OIL CONTROL FILM

- Always keep one in handy, especially on hot and humid days. Most people have the tendency to pile makeup on in order to get rid of excess oil. While this may work, they fail to realize that this technique can clog pores. Whenever oil starts to show, blot away. If you need to retouch makeup and you see lots of oil, blot the oily areas first before reapplying makeup.

There you go! Hope this helps!


**Got a burning question about makeups, skin care products, beauty, dieting, and health tips, relationships, and whatever? Just send them to martha.stabarbara@yahoo.com or shoot 'em up at The Beauty Junkee's FB Fan Page via the MESSAGE button and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. (Please, do not send me Math- related queries. :D)

Post a Comment

11 Comments

  1. Awesome post. Me too, I have super duper over oily skin. Yung picture ko nga last TBJ Meet and Greet nangingintab ang pes. Haha, thou it seems like oily skin is ugly, they said that, mas okay daw yun kasi mas matagal daw bago ka magka-wrinkles. Nice answer Ms.Martha! Ako I always have blotting paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have oily face too. Where can we buy the facial mist?

    Thanks for this post ms. martha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. how about sunscreen for oily skin?most of the time they contribute to the oiliness of my skin :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. eto nanaman tayo sa non comedogenic hehe. thanks for this post ms. martha, now alam ko na about your favorite products :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny: thanks for sharing! :D

    Arra: haha. :) Now you know! :D

    Anonymous: I use kiehl's sunblock. it's not oily. You can also try celeteque's sunblock. I would recommend gel sunblocks, but they're not available locally, except from dermatologists.

    Genzel: rustan's! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have an oily skin too!!! thnaks for this!

    -chel
    allaboutbeingglam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have super duper oily skin too. Thanks for the suggested products Ms. Martha. I always bring oil blotter with me and I buy those cheap ones, what's important I have something to use to eliminate the oiliness in my face when needed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!! <3 <3 <3

    -Mary Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for these tips Martha! I have oily skin too! i always bring blotting paper with me too... i just hope i find the right makeup for me too, my T zone always looks oily on photos :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very helpful for those who have oily skin like me.. hehe love it.. :) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Its been two days since I've been reading your blogs and I'm absolutely hooked! Thank you for sharing your passion with us. :D

    I,too, have oily skin and my trusty sunblock for years has been VMV Armada SPF 30. Just sharing.:)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)