Review: Snoe Suntervention Sunblock


Here's a review on Snoe Suntervention SPF 80++

PRICE: P699.00
PLACE BOUGHT: Free
OTHER LOCATIONS: Please refer to SNOE ON FACEBOOK


THE VERDICT:

The rainy season is almost here! But the big question is, do we still need sunblock during rainy days?

A RESOUNDING YES!

Even on a cloudy day, the sun is still there and so are the nasty UVA and UVB rays. You might not turn a shade darker, but the rays will still penetrate your skin and accelerate your cells' aging process.

If you're staying outdoor for a long period of time, you should use a heavy duty sunblock, especially if you have fair skin. Why? Because unlike tan and dark- skinned ladies, you don't have enough melanin on your skin's surface to protect your cells. As your body's way of protecting itself, it will produce melanin once it's exposed to the sun's rays. The result? Uneven skintone.



Snoe's new Suntervention sunblock lets you stay out in the sun longer. It has a very high SPF content and added beneficial ingredients that help minimize UVA absorption by the skin. FYI, UVA is the sun's most harmful UV ray.


It comes in a lightweight squeeze tube for easier and hygienic dispensing.


Suntervention is relatively thicker than most body sunblocks I've tried. Why? Because the higher SPF content a sunblock has, the thicker its consistency gets. Gets? Lol. :D

I've noticed that it yields a white cast on skin, especially if you don't apply it properly and evenly. The best way to use Suntervention, and any thick sunblocks in general, is to apply it by layers, ensuring that each layer is properly blended onto the skin.

For everyday use, please follow the instructions written above. Because if you don't, it will pile up on your skin and it'll give you that "thick" and "hot" feeling. I don't use this on a daily basis though because I find it thick for everyday use. But this sunblock has been my beach and travel buddy last summer because it made me enjoy the crystal waters and clear sands without having to worry about skin aging!

The general rule in sunblock application is, reapply sunblock as often as necessary like right after swimming, or if you perspire a lot.

Overall, it's a great buy because for a sunblock with high SPF content, it's pretty affordable!

Post a Comment

10 Comments

  1. Ooh. I've never seen sunscreen with statistics printed on the tube! Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even if rainy days need ba mataas na SPF? The highest SPF that i've tried is 35 yata, sa BB cream naman it's 45. And do I need to reapply kahit di naman napapawisan?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been curious on Snoe's sunblocks (this and the yellow one with turnip). Hmmm...*plans to buy*

    True what you said about sunblocks in ALL weather conditions especially with ozone depletion and all. (Mga naririnig sa science class back in Oz! LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How does this work under liquid foundation? Is it okay as a primer/make-up base?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes I'm back! Been missing commenting on your post Ms.Martha! Still having hang-over on your Meet and Greet! hehe, and that's what we've learned from you and Ms.Shen, that applying sunblock is a must!! Thanks for the tips! For the hug, and for everything! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ang taas nman ng SPF nito Ms. martha.. tagos ang sun's light ba? hehehe kidding..non-greasy po ba to and smooth sa skin? does clog pores? Nivea kase is not. sobrang thick nya. and i stop using it wlang moisturizer.

    ANyway, have you ever heard SUNPLAY sunblock? with SPF 130 (super Block)
    it has the highest SPF for broad spectrum UVA and UVB protection and no colorants.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for the info.i will try it soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will try that product. My dermatology told me that i should put sunblock even in the office because of the computer radiation.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aviva: Yup! that too!

    lechique: yes! that's true! radiation is heat, and sunblock helps block heat, thereby preventing you from absorbing radiation. :)

    marlene: you're welcome and thanks for visiting my site! :D

    Rochelle: yup! saw that but haven't tried it yet. :)

    jenny: awww.sweet! thanks for coming too :)

    alexis: hello there! you're probably talking about the here comes the sunblock variants (which has a new one) I like this better because HCTS has an instant whitening effect. :)

    Anonymous: great query! I haven't used this on my face yet, and I don't intend to because it's too thick and glossy. I recommend Kiehl's sunblock with spf 50 for facial use.

    Kath: it's better because it lets you stay out in the sun longer. I guess you may not reapply if you don't sweat a lot naman. :) But if you do, you should :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahhh Snoe! Saw this product too on one of the bloggers page. I bought one of this which I brought along with me to Puerto Princesa and It superseded my expectations!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)