Review: Black Beauty Hot Oil


Here's a review on Black Beauty Hot Oil.

PRICE: Around P100.00+
BOUGHT FROM: Free
OTHER LOCATIONS: Available in all leading department stores and supermarkets

THE VERDICT:

What's your weekly beauty regimen? Mine's just simple. Every weekend, (preferably Saturday) I take a nice long bath: I pop some bath fizzes in the bath tub, scrub myself clean with my favorite body scrub while my hair is drenched in hair mask and wrapped in a warm towel. Regarding hair masks, I'm not really choosy. Supermarket brands will do because most of them are actually good! Speaking of supermarket brands, here's one from Black Beauty. It's good ol' classic hot oil, but sans the complicated machinery. My hair tends to get dry when the week is about to end, and this product just does the trick in restoring my hair's softness.

DESCRIPTION (Taken from blackbeauty.ph):

A natural leave- on treatment SPA for damaged, relaxed, or color- treated hair. Black Beauty Hot Oil is formulated with healthy blend of Vitamins and Protein- based nutrients that help to nourish and rejuvenate hair. It provides a pleasant, long lasting freshness and cooling effect to the scalp.

Black Beauty's hot oil product comes in a tub and a tube. I prefer the tube one because I only get the right amount, and without contaminating the fresh batch.

Ingredients: EDTA, Deionized Water, Carbomer, Cetyl Stearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20, Glyceryl Monostearate, Mineral Oil, Virgin Coconut Oil, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Polyquaternium 7, Vitamin E, Silk Protein, Pine Bud Extract, Menthyl Lactate, Preservative, Dimethicone, Fragrance, Panthenol.

It's a semi- thick liquid with a strong floral scent--almost perfume- like in my opinion. It's okay with me since I kinda' dig its fragrance, but it can put off those who like their products mildly- scented. A little goes a long way. At first, it kinda' makes your hair stiff. Even after rinsing it off, my hair still feels kinda' stiff but for some reason, my comb runs through my hair effortlessly, and without the nasty crackle and snaps. When my hair is finally dry, it feels very soft and looks quite healthy.

I apply a generous amount onto my hair including the scalp and I soak a hair towel in boiling water. I let it cool for a bit before I wrap it around my head. The warm vapor from the towel opens up the shafts of my hair, and allows the nutrients from the product to penetrate them quickly. I leave the product and the towel on for 15 minutes. Finally, I rinse my hair with cold water to close the shafts and seal the nutrients within.

It's so affordable, and it delivers. At-home hot oil treatment is one great way to relax as well. With this product, my hair is recharged week after week and readies it for my next adventures!

For more information about this product, please visit BLACK BEAUTY PHILIPPINES on Facebook.

Post a Comment

8 Comments

  1. it never across my mind to try this, maybe bec of the stigma people gave into it >.<
    ty for sharing martha!~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love diy home treatments! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom is using black beauty products and she wears by their shampoo. I think I need to introduce this to her. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow I never knew they had a hot oil treatment! i've been seeing lots of black beauty products review from bloggers lately and I think it's really a must try :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I usually do this. i'd rather treat myself than other people. :) This is great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Patricia: Hello and welcome to my blog! Yup, because we deserve it! :D

    Raych: yup! the shampoos are nice as well. :D

    Kath: you're welcome dear! Naku your mom will love this, especially the scent. :D

    Carmis: ditto! you're welcome! :D

    Jenny: thanks for dropping by too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is this safe to use with dyed hair?

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)