Nail Tutorial: A Bejeweled Christmas


Hello guys! Today, I am leveling up my nail art tutorials. Well, it's not so much of a level up because as you can see, the design is pretty simple but the whole thing is a notch above the usual nail art where I use regular polish. I hope you get what I mean! :D

Before the tutorial, I wanna share this cool find. It's a 63php nail art set for children. It has a bevy of studs, a small bottle of glue, an applicator/remover, and a whimsical set of fake nails. All for only 63php. How cool is that?

Strangely, I got this in Fully Booked. Definitely not the ideal place to find beauty- related stuff!

Anyway, here are the contents. Everything is so cute!

Applicator/Stud Remover

A closer look at the studs: I find that the crystal studs are more useful than some of the cartoon cut-outs as I find the latter too flat for my semi- curved nail beds-I am having a hard time making them stay put. When I finally have a lot of time on my hands, I will work them.

 Here are the fake nails: I'm too old for them already. :p And if I am going to be nitpicky, these nails look totally fake!

To sum it up, this is a good buy because I only cared for the studs, glue, and applicator. While some of the contents are pretty useless to me, it still ain't bad for 63php!

Click READ MORE now for the tutorial!

 WHAT I USED:

Revlon Top Coat (I used it as my base coat as well)
Estee Lauder Pure Color Nail Polish in Beautiful Liar (This is a new product from Estee Lauder, and expect it on the counters this February!)

 STEP 1: Paint your digits. Make sure that the surface is smooth. Allow to dry before proceeding with the tutorial.

STEP 2: Grab the mini glue from the nail art set and apply small drops on your nail bed. Make sure you already know where you'll put the studs!

STEP 3: Using the smallest tip of the applicator, pick up some studs and carefully place them on top of the glue. Push the studs carefully in place using the same tip of the applicator. Using the biggest tip of the applicator, gently press the studs on your nail bed for a few seconds to make them stick properly.

STEP 4: Apply top coat on your nails and on top of the studs. I've noticed that the glue is not quite industrious, as it is meant for the soft and sensitive nail beds of children. Sealing the studs with a top coat will help them stay put longer. After 2 minutes, apply a quick dry solution to speed up the drying time of your polish.

 The result

 Allow me to praise my own work. I think this nail art is discreet yet catchy, and fabulous yet never overwhelming! It's definitely something that you can wear in any occasion!

So there goes my first edition of my Nail Art Tutorials for Christmas. I'd also like to say that this is a cheaper and more accessible alternative to Ciate's Caviar polishes.

Let me know how you like this tutorial! :D

Post a Comment

11 Comments

  1. Awesome nail art! I will certainly try this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so Christmas-sy Martha, love it! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg i love this! i will definitely try this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super love it!!! I've been eyeing a kid's set like that in Divisoria! Now I will definitely get a box or two of those! =D

    BTW, I have some glitter stars and I used them in a nail art for my toes! =D

    Check it out here: http://instagram.com/p/QolrAhIZRQ/

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice bling bling!:D perfect for the coming ho-ho-holiday!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice! :) definitely beads and studs are unique for nail arts! now I have the idea :)

    thanks Ms. Martha! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. meron din ako nito sa fully booked nga nabibili buti nga mura lang nito ganda sa hands mo martha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't remember seeing your hand before... and it looks similar to mine! Only my knuckles and the joints on my fingers are bigger.

    Hooray for not so dainty looking nail-polished hands. You should do more NOTDs :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. how much is this one?
    it looks good! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not expecting that it was bought in Fully Booked, it's more like from Saizen's. Haha. Will look for it later. It's the perfect accessory to spice up nail polishes! Thank you for sharing this! :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)