Sumptuous Sundays: Pan- Fried Soy and Ginger Cobbler Fillet


Good morning everyone! Hope you're all having a steady and chill Sunday. I'm tightening up my diet as early as now so I'll be beach- ready by March, and that means I'd have to be picky when it comes to the food I eat, most especially on high protein days. On high protein days, I try to stay at home so I could whip up protein- rich meals without putting a dent on my wallet. In a country where a steak meal in a restaurant would eat up 10% of your monthly salary, the best option is truly to stay at home and cook! LOL!

Here's one of my fave easy-to-cook protein and fiber- rich meals. This is done in less than 40 minutes, unless you're like me who treats cooking as a ritual and would rather take time.

Let's start!

INGREDIENTS:

1. Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Cheap alternative- Olive Oil; Cheaper alternative- Canola Oil)
2. 2 tsps. Fish Sauce (to taste)
3. 10 tbsps. Soy Sauce (I like using less sodium Japanese Soy Sauce because it has a yummy smokey flavor)
4. Splenda (Carbohydrates such as Sugar is a no-no during my high protein days so I use Splenda as a substitute. But if you're not too strict, brown sugar will do.)
5. 1 whole Cobbler fillet
6. 1/3 cup Spring Onions
7. 4 cloves of Garlic
8. 1/2 slice of Carrot
9. 1/3 cup Cilantro
10. 4 pieces Calamansi

**For easier measurement, please use measuring cups
**Serving is good for 1 person only

Click READ MORE and see the recipe!



STEP 1: Put the soy sauce, fish sauce, splenda, (or sugar) and Calamansi in a bowl. Mix well and set aside. 

STEP 2: Cut the Cobbler fillet into three pieces for easier frying. We'll just cook it as is-no need for seasoning because the soy sauce mix will add flavor to it.

STEP 3: Wash the veggies and cut everything into small cubes.

STEP 4: Heat 5 tablespoons cooking oil in a non- stick frying pan.

STEP 5: Pan fry the cobbler fillets. Check the bottom of the fillets occasionally to see if it's starting to stick onto the pan. If it does, lift the fillets gently using a metal frying spatula. Fry each side for 5 minutes.

STEP 6: When the bottom side is already a little flaky and white, that means it's already cooked. Flip the fillets to cook the remaining side. Drizzle the cooked side with the soy sauce mix. Remember to not go overboard! Otherwise, it will be too salty! Do the same thing to the other side.

When your fillets are cooked already, place in a plate and set aside.

STEP 7: In another frying pan, heat 1 1/2 tablespoons cooking oil and sauté garlic and ginger for 2 minutes.

STEP 8: Next, throw in the carrots, cilantro, and spring onions. Sauté for 4- 5 minutes or until the carrot cubes are soft.

STEP 9: Lastly, drizzle the remaining soy sauce mix onto the vegetable mix. Just pour the right amount!

STEP 10: Place the sautéed veggies on top of the cobbler fillets.

And you now have a healthy, protein- rich meal! Enjoy as much as you want! It also goes so well with crispy lettuce drizzled with balsamic vinegar, and topped with grated Emmenthal cheese!

Hope you liked this recipe! Have a blessed Sunday! :)

Post a Comment

7 Comments

  1. Ang yummy naman nyan chef Martha! ^_*

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow this is great martha and you list the alternatives. glad we have canola :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking through the pictures makes me super hungry tonight. yum! i think Cream Dory tastes better in my opinion, favorite ko kasi yun so it's a better substitute :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. super easy and delicious nito ms. M!
    thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. please list some more healthy easy recipes ms martha! ill try this one tomorrow :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing this. I'm, trying to go on a high protein diet and lessen my carb intake. Hopefully I'll be sexy as you are wink ;)

    I'll try this recipe Martha

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)