My first- ever post for The Beauty Junkee

4 years ago, when I started this blog, I didn't have any idea on what to do with my life other than writing about the things I love through The Beauty Junkee. During my first few months, I was in front of my laptop almost 10 hours a day, blogging about makeup, food, skin care, pets, and anything and everything that piqued my interest. I started TBJ when I was 20 years old. When people asked me what I do I would happily reply "I blog. I'm a blogger" and they had this certain look in their faces, almost giving away their thoughts saying "What dafuq is a blogger? Is it even something worth saying? Psh. Typical early twenties sheltered girl. No career. No direction." But I didn't care-blogging made me happy. That's what matters.

Fast forward four years later. If I would meet these people again, I'd look them in the eye and say with conviction: "Hi, we meet again. I am Martha Sta. Barbara, blogger at The Beauty Junkee. Oh yes siree, blogging is the best thing that has ever happened to me because I am doing what I love while sustaining myself and inspiring people in the process. In short, I am in the best position of my life." :)


If God will give me a chance to go back again to my 20 year old self, I would not change anything I did: I'd still put up The Beauty Junkee, pass up on T.V. and film opportunities, say and do the wrong things, and roll with so many punches, uppercuts, and flying kicks-I'd still take them anyway for if not for them, I wouldn't know my purpose, and that is to empower and bring out the best in people...through makeup! :)

So, my dear readers (silent or active), companies, stores, and brands, happy 4 years to us. Thank you for keeping up with this blog and with me. I may have said this already, but I'll still say it again: Whatever The Beauty Junkee is now would not possible if not for your patronage and trust, and thank you for helping me come up with everything I have right now. :)

That said, allow me to give back, especially to my readers, through this 4th Anniversary Thanksgiving giveaway. I gathered some of the best brands around and came up with 12 overflowing loots worth P100,000.00+. So please, join this giveaway because I really made it special for you guys. :)

Click READ MORE now! :)

12 lucky readers will take home one Beauty Swag each. Here are the goodies. More prizes are on their way! :)

BEAUTY SWAG 1:

Gluta-C Bag
Gluta-C Underarm and Bikini Whitening Gel
Gluta-C Day Cream
Gluta-C Toner
Gluta-C Night Cream
Gluta-C Face and Body Soap
Gluta-C Body Scrub
Lancome Gold clutch with 4 samples
Majolica Majorca Cream De Cheek
Majolica Majorca Jewelling Eyes Eyeshadow Palette
Majolica Majorca Honey Pump Gloss
Strip It! Sugaring Kit
Browhaus GC
Strip GC
FReSH Fragrance Bar Loyalty Card
Black Beauty Gift Pack
Sakura Hand Lotion
Sakura Foot Lotion
Sakura Sanitizer
Bifesta Makeup Remover+Pouch

Diet Diva 5-day Trial

Diet Diva is a personalized diet food delivery service. You get a daily set of healthy meals at only 1,200 calories per day to help you lose weight or stay slim.


Kerastase Nutritive Bain Satin Complete Nutrition Shampoo
Kerastase Nutritive Lait Vital Incredibly Light Nourishing Care

BEAUTY SWAG 2:

Gluta-C Bag
Gluta-C Underarm and Bikini Whitening Gel
Gluta-C Day Cream
Gluta-C Toner
Gluta-C Night Cream
Gluta-C Face and Body Soap
Gluta-C Body Scrub
Zen Zest Cabinet Deodorizer
Zen Zest Silver EDT
Shiseido Zen Perfumed Shower Gel
Shiseido Maquillage Eyeshadow Palette
Shiseido Eye and Lip Makeup Remover Sample
FReSH Fragrance Bar Loyalty Card
Black Beauty Gift Pack
Sakura Hand Lotion
Sakura Foot Lotion
Sakura Sanitizer
Bifesta Makeup Remover+Pouch
Strip It! Sugaring Kit
Charm Angled Kabuki Buffer


The Body Shop Strawberry Body Butter
The Body Shop Born Lippy Strawberry

BEAUTY SWAG 3:

Gluta-C Bag
Gluta-C Underarm and Bikini Whitening Gel
Gluta-C Day Cream
Gluta-C Toner
Gluta-C Night Cream
Gluta-C Face and Body Soap
Gluta-C Body Scrub
Zen Zest Cabinet Deodorizer
Zen Zest Silver EDT
Shiseido Zen Perfumed Shower Gel
Shiseido Maquillage Eyeshadow Palette
Shiseido Eye and Lip Makeup Remover Sample
FReSH Fragrance Bar Loyalty Card
Black Beauty Gift Pack
Sakura Hand Lotion
Sakura Foot Lotion
Sakura Sanitizer
Bifesta Makeup Remover+Pouch
Strip It! Sugaring Kit
Intimate Bra Converter
Browhaus GC
Strip GC

Majolica Majorca Cream De Cheek
Majolica Majorca Jewelling Eyes Eyeshadow Palette
Majolica Majorca Honey Pump Gloss


BEAUTY SWAG 4:

Gluta-C Bag
Gluta-C Underarm and Bikini Whitening Gel
Gluta-C Day Cream
Gluta-C Toner
Gluta-C Night Cream
Gluta-C Face and Body Soap
Gluta-C Body Scrub
Zen Zest Cabinet Deodorizer
Zen Zest Silver EDT
Black Beauty Gift Pack
Sakura Hand Lotion
Sakura Foot Lotion
Sakura Sanitizer
Bifesta Makeup Remover+Pouch
Strip It! Sugaring Kit
Intimate Bra Converter
FReSH Fragrance Bar Loyalty Card
Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Cream Eyeshadow
Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Intensifying Mascara
United Colors of Benetton Let’s Love EDT
Pevonia Botanica Phyto-Aromatic Mist


BEAUTY SWAG 5:

Moringa O2 Lotion x 2
Moringa O2 Face and Body Soap x 2
Moringa Toner x 2
Strip It! Sugaring Kit
hANNdmade Green Round Satchel
Black Beauty Gift Pack
Sakura Hand Lotion
Sakura Foot Lotion
Sakura Sanitizer
Bifesta Makeup Remover+Pouch
Strip It! Sugaring Kit
Zen Zest Cabinet Deodorizer
Zen Zest Silver EDT
Shiseido Zen Perfumed Shower Gel
Shiseido Maquillage Eyeshadow Palette
Shiseido Eye and Lip Makeup Remover Sample
Charm Angled Kabuki Buffer
Browhaus GC
Strip GC
FReSH Fragrance Bar Loyalty Card


Kerastase Resistance Bain de Force Vita-Ciment Topseal Shampoo
Kerastase Resistance Ciment Anti-Usure Repairing Anti-Breakage Treatment Conditioner

BEAUTY SWAG 6:

Black Beauty Gift Pack
Sakura Hand Lotion
Sakura Foot Lotion
Sakura Sanitizer
Bifesta Makeup Remover+Pouch
Strip It! Sugaring Kit
Shiseido Zen Perfumed Shower Gel
Shiseido Maquillage Eyeshadow Palette
Shiseido Eye and Lip Makeup Remover Sample
United Colors of Benetton Let’s Love EDT
FReSH Fragrance Bar Loyalty Card
K-Palette Real Lasting Liquid Eyeliner
Fairydrops Mascara
Benefit Ultra Plush Lip Shine
Benefit Brow Bar Voucher
Pevonia Botanica Silky Skin Body Scrub
Lancome Gold clutch with 4 samples


BEAUTY SWAG 7:

Lancome Gold clutch with 4 samples
hANNdmade Yellow Round Satchel
Moringa O2 Lotion x 2
Moringa O2 Face and Body Soap x 2
Moringa Toner x 2
Strip It! Sugaring Kit
Black Beauty Gift Pack
Sakura Hand Lotion
Sakura Foot Lotion
Sakura Sanitizer
Bifesta Makeup Remover+Pouch
Majolica Majorca Cream De Cheek
Majolica Majorca Jewelling Eyes Eyeshadow Palette
Majolica Majorca Honey Pump Gloss
Zen Zest Cabinet Deodorizer
Zen Zest Silver EDT
Charm Angled Kabuki Buffer
FReSH Fragrance Bar Loyalty Card


BEAUTY SWAG 8:

Lancome Gold clutch with 4 samples
Black Beauty Gift Pack
Sakura Hand Lotion
Sakura Foot Lotion
Sakura Sanitizer
Zen Zest Cabinet Deodorizer
Zen Zest Silver EDT
Charm Angled Kabuki Buffer
Lucas Papaw
China Glaze Nail Polish
Pevonia Botanica Safe Sun Kit
FReSH Fragrance Bar Loyalty Card
United Colors Of Benetton Let’s Move EDT
Strip It! Sugaring Kit
Bifesta Makeup Remover+Pouch


The Body Shop Strawberry Body Butter
The Body Shop Born Lippy Strawberry

BEAUTY SWAG 9:

Adore Fragrances Set of 6
Aqua Fresco Fragrances Set of 9
hANNdmade Gold Round Satchel
Pevonia Safe Sun Kit
Black Beauty Gift Pack
Sakura Hand Lotion
Sakura Foot Lotion
Sakura Sanitizer
K-Palette Real Lasting Liquid Eyeliner
Fairydrops Mascara
Strip It! Sugaring Kit
Bifesta Makeup Remover+Pouch
FReSH Fragrance Bar Loyalty Card
Benefit Ultra Plush Lip Shine
Benefit Brow Bar Voucher


The Body Shop Strawberry Body Butter
The Body Shop Born Lippy Strawberry


BEAUTY SWAG 10:

Charm Holiday Set
Moringa O2 Lotion x 2
Moringa O2 Face and Body Soap x 2
Moringa Toner x 2
Black Beauty Gift Pack
Sakura Hand Lotion
Sakura Foot Lotion
Sakura Sanitizer
Bifesta Makeup Remover+Pouch
FReSH Fragrance Bar Loyalty Card
United Colors Of Benetton Let’s Move EDT
Fairydrops Mascara
Intimate Bra Converter
Strip It! Sugaring Kit
hANNdmade Pink Croc-Printed Satchel
Shiseido Zen Perfumed Shower Gel
Shiseido Maquillage Eyeshadow Palette
Shiseido Eye and Lip Makeup Remover Sample


Kerastase Resistance Ciment Thermique Heat Activated Reconstructing Milk
Kerastase Resistance Masque Force Architecte Reconstructing Masque

BEAUTY SWAG 11:

Lancome Gold Clutch plus 4 samples
Adore Fragrances Set of 6
Aqua Fresco Fragrances Set of 9
Pevonia Botanica Safe Sun Kit
Charm Holiday Set
Majolica Majorca Cream De Cheek
Majolica Majorca Jewelling Eyes Eyeshadow Palette
Majolica Majorca Honey Pump Gloss

Diet Diva 5-day Trial

Diet Diva is a personalized diet food delivery service. You get a daily set of healthy meals at only 1,200 calories per day to help you lose weight or stay slim.


Kerastase Nutritive Nectar Thermique Nourishing Care
Kerastase Nutritive Highly Concentrated Nourishing Treatment

BEAUTY SWAG 12:

Charm Holiday Set
Intimate Bra Converter
Moringa O2 Lotion x 2
Moringa O2 Face and Body Soap x 2
Moringa Toner x 2
Majolica Majorca Cream De Cheek
Majolica Majorca Jewelling Eyes Eyeshadow Palette
Majolica Majorca Honey Pump Gloss
Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Cream Eyeshadow
Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Intensifying Mascara
United Colors of Benetton Let’s Love EDT
hANNdmade Tribal Print Bag
Lucas Papaw
China Glaze Nail Polish
Pevonia Botanica Hydrating Sunscreen


Kerastase Reflection Chroma Thermique Thermo-Radiance Protecting Milk
Kerastase Reflection Bain Chroma Captive Colour Radiance Protecting Shampoo


Here are the mechanics. Please be reminded that they are mandatory, and if I find out that the winners have not accomplished everything, they will be forfeited. :)

1. Please like the Facebook Fan Pages and Follow the Twitter accounts of the sponsoring brands:


2. Subscribe to Pevonia Botanica Philippines' blog:
*Winners who didn't subscribe to Pevonia Botanica Philippines' blog will be forfeited.

3. Announce this contest on your Facebook walls publicly, tag my fan page and three of your Facebook friends, and include a link to this post: Happy 4th Anniversary @The Beauty Junkee ! Join and win P100,000.00 worth of prizes! @Friend 1 @Friend 2 @Friend 3 (link to this post)
*Please make sure you tag me in your post so I can monitor your entries. Don't forget to tag me and three friends, and include a link to this post!
*To shorten links, please go to bit.ly

4. Tweet this, tag me and one friend on Twitter, and include a link to this post: Happy Anniversary @TheBeautyJunkee Join and win 100k worth of prizes! @YourTwitterFriend (link to this post)
*Please make sure you mention me in your Tweet so I can monitor your entries. Don't forget to tag me and one friend, and include a link to this post!
*To shorten links, please go to bit.ly

5. Answer this question: What's your most favorite post by The Beauty Junkee?
*Answers don't have to be too long, but please, answer with sincerity. Also, let's be more specific by citing a particular post-not just mentioning general topics like EOTDS, FOTDS, Product Reviews, etc.

6. Type in everything on the comment box below this post:

Name:
Email Address:
Location: (Please don't put your complete home address!)
Link to Facebook post:
Link to Tweet:
Answer to the question "What's your most favorite post by The Beauty Junkee?":

ONE ENTRY PER CONTESTANT ONLY. GIVEAWAY IS OPEN TO PHILIPPINE RESIDENTS ONLY.

Giveaway will start today and end on April 30, 2013. Deliberation will happen after the final day of the contest, and winners will be chosen by me and my BF, and will be announced on May 5, 2013.

Here's how the winners can claim their prizes:

The 12 winners will be notified via email. Failure to respond to the email notification within 3 days will invalidate the win.

For Metro Manila winners: Metro Manila winners should claim their prizes from me personally. Time, date, and venue will be announced in the email notification. If you fail to meet me on the scheduled date, I can give you another chance. If you still can’t make it, I will draw another winner. I swear, your travel will be well worth!

For Northernmost and Southernmost Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao winners: Items will be shipped via Air21. A flat rate of P300.00 must be deposited to my bank account to cover the shipping cost. (To justify the shipping cost, The loot bags are hefty and they might exceed 1 kilo, and they will be packaged in boxes) Details of my bank account will be sent via email.

MECHANICS ARE NON-NEGOTIABLE.

That's all, folks! Cheers to another year! :)