Estēe Lauder Illuminating Perfecting Primer Review


Here's a review on Estēe Lauder Illuminating Perfecting Primer.

Price: Around P1,500.00+
Bought From: Free
Other Locations: Available in Estēe Lauder Rustan's Makati, Rustan's Shangri-La Mall, and Essences Powerplant Mall

THE VERDICT:

Here's proof that happiness comes when you least expect it: I was having one of my down days so decided to browse IG for cat photos and 9gag to shrug off the heavy feeling. To my surprise, it wasn't a cat photo or 9gag that turned on my happy switch in an instant, but an announcement of Rustans' on their IG page saying that I won P10,000.00 worth of Estēe Lauder products. How cool is that?! I asked them how did that happen and the admin of Rustans' IG page said that I won the #EsteeLauderBeautyAddict makeup contest held in the Rustan's Beauty Addict Season 2 event-I had zero idea that it was a contest! The whole thing was totally unexpected, but very much appreciated, nevertheless!

I got a pre-selected EL loot amounting to P10,000.00+ and this primer called Estēe Lauder Illuminating Perfecting Primer is part of it. After trying it out for two weeks, I got this impression that EL makes great primers too, aside from great lipsticks, base products, and skin care! This primer keeps my makeup looking fresh all day, plus it feels just like a moisturizer!

ESTĒE LAUDER ILLUMINATING PERFECTING PRIMER IN DETAIL

Ideally made for normal/dry skin types, this primer is infused with Vitamin E, Rice Bran, and Shea Butter to moisturize skin. Soft- reflection optics help blur the appearance of pores and create a smoother, brighter canvas.


More about this product after the cut!


The primer is a white, lightweight cream with light gold, pretty noticeable shimmer. It glides on easily, has a soft texture, and the shimmers get diffused evenly when applied onto the skin, although if you have really pronounced pores, these may highlight 'em even further. Product is fragrance- free so those who are allergic to fragrance in makeup will like this.

ESTĒE LAUDER ILLUMINATING PERFECTING PRIMER IN ACTION


Bare skin


One layer of the primer


I actually thought that the shimmers will turn me into Midas' daughter, but it didn't, thankfully-it just imparted a bright veil that made my skin look more 'awake'. However, if you apply too much, that's the time when the shimmers will become noticeable that's why I only apply one layer, which is good enough always anyway. The primer sets into a semi- matte finish and it doesn't make my skin feel 'clogged' or tight in any way because it feels just like a moisturizer! :)

How will makeup benefit from this primer? In my experience, my makeup always looks 'just applied' when I have this primer on (although it cannot control oil). I think the hydrating ingredients are behind this because hydration always provides a good environment for makeup!

Since it's ideal for normal/dry skin, I would not recommend this to extremely oily skin types just because it cannot control oil and Shea Butter, in particular, may aggravate this skin type especially in this warm weather that we always have. Other than these, I think it's a pretty good primer that's perfect for girls who want to keep their makeup looking fresh the entire day. It's just a lil' pricey though, but you can never go wrong with Estēe Lauder products and I'm not saying this just because I got it for free-I'm speaking from my almost 4 years of experience with their products. :)

ESTĒE LAUDER ILLUMINATING PERFECTING PRIMER IN ACTION

Please visit ESTĒE LAUDER PHILIPPINES on Facebook for more information about this product.

Post a Comment

7 Comments

  1. Thanks for the review! Was considering Estee Lauder primer. Now I know this wont be for me. I need one that is very good at oil control.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you are so lucky to win the prize. How i wish i could win the same thing... lol
    Btw,this is a good review if i have the money i will definitely this one. Estee lauder is a good product i must say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that's nice naman. Congratualtions Ms. Martha. That's what I'm gonna ask sana, I noticed that my foundation in my face looks grayish, I didn't even sweat. Can you recommend us other cheap primers too?

    This is not for me, I have an oily face. I seldom see primers in drugstores :( Hmm what's the purpose kaya why this primer has shimmer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember this primer when my mom was in Canada. She purchased a lipstick there and got a free Estee Lauder pouch bag and samples of this Illuminating primer. When she arrived in here, I saw the samples in her bag and I immediately took it! :P but unfortunately, tuyo na sya. :( I wanted to try that sooo bad. Sayang. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was following Rustan's IG as well and when I saw that post announcing you as the winner, I was like, OMG! Super galing talaga ni Ms. Martha! And that was 10,000 worht of EL products. That was super amazing. I was really really excited and happy for you. I know you really deserve it. Anyway, I didn't know EL has a primer and glad that it is pretty good. I just need to save up again for it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Early Christmas presents from Estee Lauder, how nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cath: Super! :D

    Abegaill: Awww, thanks dear! :D Looking forward to trying out their other primers for comparison. :)

    Itsmefati: Hope we'll see this soon in sampling sites! :D

    Teri: The shimmer is for illuminating purposes. :) The affordable primers I like are Max Factor facefinity all day primer and essence uv makeup base :)

    Hanna: Thanks! EL is one good brand indeed!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)