The Body Shop All-In-One Face Base in 052 Review


Here's a review on The Body Shop All-In-One Face Base in 052.

Price: P1,295.00
Bought From: Free
Available in: All The Body Shop stores nationwide

THE VERDICT:

There is one hidden treasure in The Body Shop's makeup range and it's the All-In-One Face Base. Matte face powders can make skin feel dry and 'stiff', but not this product-this long- wearing powder foundation keeps my skin looking matte and fresh, but sans the dry and taut feeling!

THE BODY SHOP ALL-IN-ONE FACE BASE IN 052 IN DETAIL

This dual purpose powder foundation can be used dry for light coverage and wet for heavy coverage, and as your main base or for touch-ups. It promises to deliver a matte finish and conditions skin with plant- derived oil ingredients, and comes in 9 shades.


Ingredients: Talc, Dimethicone, Silica, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Zinc Stearate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Sclerocarya Birrea (Marula) Oil, Octyldodecyl Lactate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Butylparaben, Methylparaben, Sorbic Acid, Disodium EDTA, Lauryl Alcohol, PCA, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.

More about this must- try from The Body Shop after the cut!


Product comes in a no-nonsense, lightweight, sturdy packaging with a sponge compartment-I find this so hygienic that's why I love it.


The sponge that comes with the product has two sides: One side has a textured feel for wet application and the other side has a smoother feel for dry application. I've had this product and the sponge for almost 8 months now and the latter is still intact!


052 is a warm beige shade with an Olive undertone-this is the darkest shade that we have locally and I find it a tad bit light for me, but manageable. Shade selection of this product is not impressive though as the shades don't have a progression-it's like one shade is too light and the next one is too dark already, plus the undertones for the shades are either in pink or olive.

Texture is smooth and semi- creamy, and finish is semi- matte. It is unscented and looks good whether applied using a powder brush or sponge-quality of this powder is comparable to MAC's Studio Fix Powder Foundation.


THE BODY SHOP ALL-IN-ONE FACE BASE IN 052 IN ACTION



Two layers of this product, applied dry

When applied dry, this product yields light to medium coverage. That said, if you have really dark marks on your skin, you will need to use it with a concealer. 

It has a really nice and even finish even if applied dry, thanks to its semi- creamy formula.

Two layers of this product, applied wet

If applied wet, finish looks even better, as if I have used a liquid foundation underneath-water softens the pigments even more, making the coverage appear more skin- like.

Between wet and dry application, the former yields a better payoff and coverage-I still prefer dry application though because I find it more hygienic (a damp sponge is vulnerable to bacteria!) and water tends to create hard patches on top of the powder.

This product is "okay" when it comes to oil control (it can hold sebum for two to three hours), but surprisingly, coverage stays intact despite oiliness and even under extreme perspiration-how do I know? I use it to my workouts! It has a tendency to look 'flat matte' though so dust on some highlighter to add that healthy glow to your complexion.

Overall, I love this product's performance and how multitasking it is. It's great for everyday use, especially when you want to add a little more coverage to your skin, but without the heavy feel and dealing with liquid bases. It's best for moderately oily, normal, and dry skin types!

THE BODY SHOP ALL-IN-ONE FACE BASE IN 052 RATING

Please visit THE BODY SHOP PHILIPPINES on Facebook for more information about this product.

Post a Comment

5 Comments

  1. I personally prefer wet application when it comes to powder foundations though it does tend to ruin the product since it creates solid patches on the surface of the
    powder like what you said but it does give that second skin like look rather than sitting on top of my face looking like "makeup." What I like is that it has a semi creamy formula and has the versatility to be applied both wet and dry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not used a Body Shop powder foundation in the longest time. Been using mostly Japanese brands. If this is comparable to Mac, might give this a try in 2015. I also prefer using dry powder foundations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried using a body shop makeup before. I just love using their lotions, scents, and soaps. :) Anyway, I prefer wet application too as I don't want a visible layer of foundation on my face. Given your review about it, I would give this foundation a try. I love its finish when applied wet. :D I use essence (as reviewed by you as well. :D) and covergirl foundation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually have mine in 55 and I'm loving it. I'm in my second powder, the first one lasted for 4 months. I'm using it dry though. :) This one is a must try! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ayy.. It has parabens. I went in their stall last time. I want to try their hand cream. I didn't know that a sponge can have different texture in each side. You look refreshing in the picture. And you give it a passing rate. I like 2 way cake foundation since it lasts longer. Did this gave you breakouts?

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)