Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire EDP Review


Here's a review on Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire EDP.

Price: Ranges from P3,000.00-P6,000.00+
Bought From: Free
Other Locations: Available in all Rustan's department stores

THE VERDICT:

Last year, I met Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire EDT's bigger sister, the EDP version. Just like the EDT version, I'm loving the EDP as well. What I like about the La Petite Robe Noire series is the perfumes have their very own personalities, yet there's one thing that binds them together, making them truly memorable: that tart, Cherry scent. Overall, I love how this series from Guerlain has owned the Cherry note!

GUERLAIN LA PETITE ROBE NOIRE EDP IN DETAIL

This limited edition fragrance was released in 2011, resurrected in 2012, and introduced to the Philippine market in 2013. Just like the rest of the La Petite Robe Noire fragrances, this version is inspired by the eternality and sophistication of the Little Black Dress.

Sharing my love for this fragrance after the break!

Top notes open up to a vivid mix of Black Cherry, Almond, Red Berries, and Bergamot (to tame the too fruity composition). Heart notes feature the sophisticated Bulgarian and Turkish Roses accompanied by Licorice and Smoked Black Tea. Finally, the Base Notes envelop the entire fragrance in a rich amalgam of Aniseed, Tonka Bean, Vanilla, Iris, and Patchouli. It's a bright yet warm fragrance that will definitely suit any night time occasion and the cheeriness of the fragrance makes it perfect for any young girl who's looking for a formal fragrance that exudes youthfulness.

Staying power is very good: it stays vibrant up to 6 hours. I love, love, love its warm, fruity dry-down too!

If the EDT version is playful, the EDP version is graceful. I imagine La Petite Robe Noire EDP as a girl who's all about the light stuff in life, but when she speaks, you'll be amazed at the depth of her mind. I think I've found another fragrance that represents me! :D

GUERLAIN LA PETITE ROBE NOIRE EDP RATING

Post a Comment

2 Comments

  1. Sounds sweet. :) I specially love the bottle. So chic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just from your description, I gather that this is a girly-girl scent with character. (Fruity-fruity floral with the comforting notes of vanilla and tonka bean, but also tempered with bergamot, irish, and patchouli to add more depth. I'd like to get a sniff of this. It's intriguing.)

    More than that, I'm drawn to the packaging of Guerlain fragrances. They haven't produced a single one that I didn't find thoroughly fascinating. They work with gold elements, and the shapes of the bottles are reminiscent of the classic 50's perfume bottles. Yes, even La Petite Robe Noire structure wouldn't be out of place in decades past. Museum-worthy bottles. :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)