Sumptuous Sundays: Filling Station Makati


I'm a huge fan of diners because I'm a big fan of the 50's and there's one quaint diner in Makati that I've been frequenting lately called Filling Station. When you step inside it, it's like you're immediately transported to another time and space. Check out the rest of this post to see what I'm talking about!

Price Range: Main Course starts at P260.00

Filling Station is a 24- hr., 50's style diner located in Burgos, Makati. It's nestled in the middle of drinking bars and pubs that are drowned in colorful lights and bustling with drunk laughter and cheer. The restaurant only has a small sign, which makes it very easy to miss and there's zero parking space available, unfortunately. When going to this place, my friends and I would park our vehicles at the open parking space of Oxford Hotel (which is VERY TIGHT for SUVs and pick- ups, btw). There's street parking around the area, but securing a space would be tough since this is a very busy place, especially during night time and weekends.

Filling Station offers burger, pizza, panini, pasta, pancakes, waffles, milkshakes, all- day breakfast (including Pinoy breakfast), coffee, cocktails, spirits, and beer 24/7.

Given the parking hassle, is Filling Station worth the effort? I'd say yes! Click READ MORE and I'll show you around, plus check out the yummy dishes they're offering!


I apologize for the low quality, almost crappy photos- I did not bring my digital camera when I first dined here and my iPhone was all I got!

The restaurant has two floors and smoking lounges within, thus the whole area has the tendency to reek of tobacco. You can play billiards for an extra charge all while enjoying diner food and 50's music.

I got some pretty nice angles of the restaurant. Marvel at them below:








Onto the food!

Seafood Chowder

- Creamy, hearty chowder with just the right amount of saltiness and it is overflowing with seafood meat served in a bread bowl.

Arroz Ala Cubana

- A treat for carb and meat lovers! I like that the ground beef on this one is fried to crunchy perfection and it's sautéed very well.

Beef Salpicao

- A complete meal in my opinion because it has equal amounts of macros that you need on a daily basis! The meat on this one has a sweet-salty sauce, it's very juicy, and the chunks are quite thick.

Four For All

- A foursome of Filling Station's best- selling starters namely Loaded Potato Skins, Fried Calamari, Buffalo Wings, and Shanghai Rolls. First thing that came to mind when this platter was served? BEER! :D My personal favorite was Loaded Potato Skins: it's chewy on the inside and crunchy on the outside, it's not too oily, and it has sour cream and bacon-HEAVEN! :D

Chicken Quesadilla

- I like that this dish tastes clean and it's generous with Chicken meat! The spicy Ranchero sauce is nice, but I prefer eating Quesadilla with Sour Cream-go ahead and ask for it!

This is one of the few, rare 24-hr. restaurants in the metro so you now know where to go if you want to satisfy some of your midnight cravings or you're looking for an after- party place. Their dishes are on the pricey side, but portion of each meal can satisfy two to three human beings (depending on your appetite, of course). Just do carpool when going to this place to save time and spare yourself of the hassle!

Must-Try in Filling Station

1. Chicken Quesadilla
2. Four For All
3. Milkshakes
4. Seafood Chowder

Filling Station is located in P.Burgos St., Makati City. Drop them a line at 897-2053.

Post a Comment

3 Comments

  1. Oh my! I am so gonna visit this place! I love diners too! There's 1 I remember beside the defunct Streetlife :) Thanks for sharing this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The seafood chowder looks particularly delectable. So few places here know how to make chowder na hindi malansa. I'd pay a visit just to see how well they do theirs. Love that they went with the traditional bread owl. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the look, pero parang may part na crowded, but still cool siya. Bigg's diner in Naga also have the same ambience, medyo sporty lang ng konti. :) The platter looks satisfying. :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)