Kryolan Anti-Shine Powder Review + Swatch + Price

Here's a reviewon Kryolan Anti-Shine Powder.

PRICE: P1,400.00
FROM: Kryolan, Promenade, Greenhills
OTHER LOCATIONS: Kryolan, Il Terrazo Mall, Tomas Morato, Quezon City

 THE VERDICT:

When my friends are in need of heavy duty makeup products, they always turn to me for recommendations because being a theatre actress once exposed me to the different kinds of brands actors swear by to keep their face from melting while on a scene, exposed to heat and humidity caused by movement, natural sebum and sweat, and harsh stage lighting. And when friends ask for a setting powder that can withstand humidity and control oil effectively, I suggest Kryolan Anti-Shine Powder.

KRYOLAN ANTI-SHINE POWDER IN DETAIL


The product is simple and straightforward; it's a powder in a jar. Period. Kryolan hasn't been known for fancy packaging so that could be an issue for you if you value packaging a lot. The dual- colored stickers tell you that you should only peel the black part to control the amount of powder that  comes out of the tub.

Anti-Shine Powder is a mix of Silica and Mica, two of the best oil controllers; this gives this product great setting and blotting powers. It's virtually translucent; just don't put a lot because you will definitely get a white cast; I prefer dusting this over with a large, fluffy powder brush. It is unscented.

KRYOLAN ANTI-SHINE POWDER IN ACTION

 Face with Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Makeup SPF 10

 One layer of Kryolan Anti-Shine Powder

The powder did not change the color of the foundation and instantly gave my skin a velvety smooth, matte finish; I also like that this powder has blurring properties too.

Kryolan Anti-Shine Powder controls oil for up to 5 hours and pretty much the whole day if you stay in an air-conditioned room only. It doesn't feel dry on the face nor causes my skin to flake. If you have really oily skin, you may need to retouch your skin with it often. One con of this product is it's not travel- friendly.

I'm sure there are other powders that perform just as great as Kryolan, but what I love about it is it comes in a huge jar and isn't as expensive as most professional setting and blotting powders plus it sets makeup and blots oil. I'd definitely buy this again when I hit the pan. I recommend it!

KRYOLAN ANTI-SHINE POWDER RATING

Post a Comment

8 Comments

  1. Is it just me or does it end up looking cakey at some point? But maybe it's the Estee Lauder foundation? Eitherway I think that might be a disadvantage of translucent powders in general. They tend to emphasize cakey-looking liquid foundations even more because they add texture, but not color. Nonetheless, Kryolan is intended for high definition exposure like photo shoots and TV shows, wasn't it? I bet this would look flawless on screen! :) Props for keeping oilies at bay for 5 hours! I almost always look dewy after the 3-hour mark. This product would be perfect for occasions you need to look like you were born without pores! But for everyday use, there are far more affordable and comfortable alternatives. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! i can easily spot yung effect ng Kryolan on your face. sulit siguro if i will purchase this baby. will you recommend it for daily use?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Almost got the perfect score 4.5/ 5
    Thanks for posting this Ms.Martha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I didn't know you're a theater actress as well :)

    I am not actually into the details of make ups used by our team. Haha. But I love it so much though it is not recommended to have such make ups when going to work or school as it is more "makapal" since it has to stay longer (2-3 shows a day for three days) and to compliment din with all the lights na gagamitin during the play. Is this recommended din ba with different temperature? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a nice anti shine powder. Plus the price is ok for a huge jar.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ms. Martha have you tried mehron? I wonder which is better between the two.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sayang, I just bought a blotting powder online! Hirap kasi sa loose powders eh hindi talaga travel-friendly, which is bad because I really need to touch up often as I have terribly oily skin. Pero hindi ako matitinag - dadalhin ko ang oil-control powder ko wherever I go kahit matapon sya sa bag ko! :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Andami ng anti-shine powders available ngayon, I've only tried the Etude House Zero Sebum Drying Powder... I don't wanna purchase powders that are too pricey kung pwede naman mag-purchase ng affordable ones which delivers the same purpose... Please do recommend an affordable one aside from what I had... Ang mahal lang kasi ng Kryolan :(

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)