Happy Skin Glam Squad Juan Sarte Liquid Matte Lipstick and Eye Shadow Duo Review + Swatch + Price

Here's a review on Happy Skin Glam Squad Juan Sarte Liquid Matte Lipstick and Eye Shadow Duo.

PRICE: Eye Shadow Duo- P899.00; Lipstick: P699.00
FROM: Free
OTHER LOCATIONS: Available in Happy Skin Glorietta 2, Beauty Bar, Plains 'N Prints, and select Watsons stores

THE VERDICT:

Juan Sarte is one of the most respected makeup artists in the country with 22 years of experience under his belt and a roster of big shot clientele including celebrities such as Anne Curtis and Maine Mendoza. Nice to know that he'll be doing my makeup everyday from now on...well, not literally, but figuratively because I got in my hands Glam Squad Sarte, his makeup collaboration with local beauty brand, Happy Skin.


HAPPY SKIN X GLAM SQUAD JUAN SARTE LIQUID MATTE LIPSTICK IN DETAIL

Glam Squad is Happy Skin's collaboration with 4 of the most sought after makeup artists in the country: Juan Sarte, Jigs Mayuga, Denise Go- Ochoa, and Mickey See. The collection features shades and textures chosen by the make up artists themselves, and features the following products: Contour and Blush duo, eye shadow duo, liquid lipstick, eyebrow duo, and limited edition makeup brush set.

The products come in wonderful gold- hued boxes.

For the selection process, Sarte spilled that for the eyeshadows, he chose two shades that he would always reach for during makeup gigs: a champagne-pink frost shade and chocolate brown frost shade; Sarte mused that he loves using eye shadows in a frost finish because they're the easiest to blend together and I couldn't agree more with it; he also wanted the customers to have an easy time using his products. For the lipstick, he said that it's the exact shade he wanted, a deep rose with a strong brown undertone.

SARTE'S PRO TIP: You can use the lipstick as a stain too; just dab a bit of color on the center of your upper and lower lips, and spread out quickly.

Eye Shadow Duo ingredients

Matte Liquid Lipstick ingredients

The eye shadows have a buttery finish; reminds me of Urban Decay's Naked eye shadows in terms of its buttery and soft texture; it yields very minimal fallout and pigmentation is medium to heavy.

The lipstick is unscented and has a semi-runny consistency that allows you to spread the product all over your lips before it sets. Remember to even out this product before it sets because it is budge- proof!

HAPPY SKIN GLAM SQUAD JUAN SARTE EYE SHADOW DUO AND LIQUID MATTE LIPSTICK IN ACTION

 Eye shadow

The eye shadow shades are basic and it is your classic, go- to palette, the one that you whip out your bag if you need to glam up your eyes in an instant. 

Liquid Matte Lipstick

Sarte's liquid matte lipstick is a dirty Rose shade on me. I like its vintage rose look and it's a nice not-too-dark shade to wear to stay on trend in this season of dark lipsticks. This lipstick has a legit matte finish, kudos to Happy Skin for the good formula. Formula sits nicely on the lips and doesn't feel heavy. Overall, it has great quality.

The lippie has really good staying power: I can drink and eat a heavy meal with it, and the lipstick will persist to stay; it can't be removed easily so I always use petroleum jelly for removal. However, it has a tendency to dry out my lips and sink into lines, especially if my lips are acting up, but on good days, my lips are okay with the formula.

This is a pretty good collection and I am impressed with the formula of the liquid matte lipstick; Happy Skin should retain it and expand the color selection soon. If you're a neutrals gal, you'll find new key shades and products to add to your collection from Glam Squad, plus the packaging is so luxurious!

HAPPY SKIN GLAM SQUAD JUAN SARTE EYE SHADOW DUO AND LIQUID MATTE LIPSTICK RATING

Please visit HAPPY SKIN on Facebook for more information about this product.

Post a Comment

15 Comments

  1. Wow! Maganda rin pala yung kay Sarte. Hope you swatch Jigs Magiya's creation pleadeee

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really a great news. Now with this product we would be able to try products from the well-known make up artists to the stars. This is really fabulous. And I think the price is quite reasonable naman. hihihihi. And I love the shades :))))))

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG for this collection!!! this is my favorite among the other collections... I'll definitely purchase this set and the lip brush! ganda ng lippie shade and the eyeshadow duo is so perfect for daily use!

    ReplyDelete
  4. His liquid lipstick color is my favorite in the collection! It's the kind of dusty rose that would look good on everyone, and it can bring a simple look to the next level. This color is right up my alley! I've been digging darker, autumn-themed lip colors lately, and I love how sophisticated they look on the lips! The eyeshadow duo also looks awesome! I tend to shy away from frosted shades because sometimes they look tacky, but these two colors are fantastic. Indeed, the name Glam Squad is perfect for this collection! Can't wait for your reviews of the other ones! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! I want to try them all! Especially the eye shadow, only two shades, I will not have a hard time choosing which color goes together LOL! And would love to try the lipstick too like all of the four lipstick in this collection :p

    ReplyDelete
  6. Out of all of the collabs they've made in this Glam Squad collab, I love Juan Sarte's collection the most! The eyeshadows and the liquid lipstick looks soooo good, especially for us morenas out there! Ayayay! Really, really good. Though I think the eyeshadow is a bit overpriced. I might bite the bullet and buy the liquid lipstick though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ang ganda talaga ng bagong collection ng Happy Skin. I really like to try the eyeshadow and the lippie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Denise's collection is too dainty and feminine for my taste that is why I grab Jig's lippie in the collection which looks... how shoul I describe it? contemporary? Anyway, everything in the collection suits my skintone and choosing which to buy (because I have limited resources) is the hardest part.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving all the shades of then liquid lipstick! However I'm already way above my makeup budget for this month 😂

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh dear!!! so pretty!!! my kind of shade! level up na talaga ang happy skin!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Among the set of these lippies im eyeing Sarte and Mayuga shade. love it! ganda ng pagka- Matte.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Galing ng Happy Skin, 4 makeup artist pa nakipagcollaborate after Heart. So classy the packaging. I love to try the liquid matte lipstick.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This collection of Happy skin is a must have! Need to save up for this. 😂 💸💸Love all the colors. This color is a perfect dark shade. 💕

    ReplyDelete
  14. my really bet is from Jigs Mayuga, but seeing this look on you, i guess im torning between two, hoping that you have review from Mayuga too1 TY in advance!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)