SPEND VS. SAVE: Rosewater Toners


Since Rosewater is all the rage nowadays, I thought of making a comparison between two of the most popular Rosewater toners, at least locally: Mamonde Rose Water Toner and Mumuso Rose Essence Toner. Which Rose is the prettiest among the two? Find out!

THE LOWDOWN:

Mumuso is a Korean- inspired store that sells novelty items including skin care. Mumuso Rose Essence Toner is one of its popular products; it became famous online locally because users have been raving about its softening effects and hydrating benefits.

Mamonde Rose Water Toner is a favorite of beauty gals in Korea. It is well- loved for its high concentration of Rosewater extract, making it apparently very effective. A lot of fans love it for its softening, smoothing, hydrating, and moisturizing benefits.

SCENT:

Both products have a rose scent, but Mamonde's Rose fragrance is much stronger due to the high Rosewater concentration; this is not exactly bad as it is a naturally- occuring fragrance. I love Mamonde because the semi- strong rose fragrance makes me feel very feminine and pretty!

WINNER: MAMONDE

PRICE:

Mumuso is P130 only and Mamonde is around P500.00+ for a 250ml bottle; it's not available locally as well so you have to purchase through reselling channels, which will cost you more.

WINNER: MUMUSO

QUALITY:

Mumuso has a rich, emulsion- like texture and floating rose petal- like things in the bottle; I'm not exactly sure though if those are authentic rose petals.

Mamonde has a texture that's somewhere in between water and emulsion.

Both can be poured directly on the palm or cotton pad.

I like my Rosewater as is thank you very much; no need for the floating elements in it because I feel that this way, the formula remains purer.

WINNER: MAMONDE

EFFECTS:

Mumuso has a lower concentration of Rosewater and is high on other humectants such as Glycerin and moisturizers that's why it yields more of the softening, smoothing, and hydrating effects, and a little less of the real benefits of Rosewater. I'm not saying that you won't experience anything with it besides the physical effects; what I mean is you may have to use it longer to experience the real effects of Rosewater due to the low concentration.

Mamonde is 90.89% Rosewater. After a month of usage, my skin looks healthier, bouncier, and I noticed that I'm breaking out less considering that it's currently 'that time of the month' for me; it also provides instant smoothing, hydrating, and soothing effects.

WINNER: MAMONDE

Both products have Rosewater, but Mamonde just contains more of it while Mumuso has more of other moisturizing ingredients, which are equally good as well. At P130.00, you shouldn't expect too much from Mumuso! :D

It also depends on your needs and budget; if you're just after the physical effect such as softness, smoothness, and hydration, then go for Mumuso. If you want all plus the real benefits of Rosewater, then go for Mamonde.

The Winner of SPEND VS. SAVE Rosewater Toners is....

MAMONDE ROSE WATER TONER!

How about you? Are you Team Mamonde or Team Mumuso? :)

Post a Comment

17 Comments

  1. Hi Ms. Marta next po sana yung sa Aloe Vera comparison between Esfolio and Mumuso. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'll root with Team Mamonde! Personally, I haven't tried any of the two just yet but if I really want to invest and get the most out of my budget, I think I should just save up then splurge and just but Mamonde's instead of Mumuso's Rose Water. I've read good reviews about the Mumuso ROse Water! :) However, with my major skin problems, I think it won't work :( It might work though! (for people with minor skin hydration problems, etc.) I think people should give it a try too!:D Thanks for this, Ms. Martha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Team Monde Mamon haha! quality vs price amount hehe =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. where to buy mamonde rose water toner Ms.M

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nakakaloka. Ang laki ng pinagkaiba nila sa price 150 vs. 500+ ? Pero sa in over all, mas maganda pa rin talaga ang mas pricey :) aanhin mo ang murang o mababang presyo na items kung pati ang quality nito ay mababa din diba? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Waaaaah! Want to try the Mamonde Rosewater! Thanks for this honest review ate Martha. :) Been thinking what to buy between those two but now I know. Hihi

    ReplyDelete
  7. The packaging is sooooo girly! Thumbs up for those rosewater!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i have the soothing gel of this, I was not into rose scent so I give my tub to my youngest sib =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought yung sa mumuso maganda din.. siguro the reason why most people love it kasi price-friendly sya. Pero if you think about it, kung sa effects lang panalong panalo na si Mamonde. Why sacrifice the amount if you'll gonna get what you pay for right? Thank you for this review miss martha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mamonde looks promising to me. I have a hard time looking for toners with benefits as much as Mamonde offers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love rosewater toner! mabango tlga yan and ang ganda sa face skin! ganyan gamit ng ate ko hahahaha, nanghiram lang ako twice kasi super nababanguhan ako sa ginagamit nya and ang ganda ng face skin nya, nakakagulat ang results ah, toner lang!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You went to Siargao pala, that's awesome. Thanks for comparing these two Rose Water toners. I think I will try both to see which works for me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Team Mamonde here! Kahit hindi ko pa nasusubukan yung dalawa, mas bet ko ang Mamonde coz malala ang aking skin problem. Hehe Plus the review of Ms. Martha talagang nakapili na ako. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Buti na lang hindi talaga ako nahawa sa hype ng rose water ng Mumuso na yan hahaha, yes mura siya pero angd ami din nagsasabi na hindi siya effective. Ad for the Mamonde, medyo pricey pero if it works why not? I am using a different rosewater and I like it because mabango siya and very refreshing sa face ko.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't tried any of the two, but I'm willing to give it a try any of the two. For me the most accessible is the Mumuso.

    ReplyDelete
  16. For a girl with an combination skin like me, I've been wanting to try rosewater toners. I've seen so many girls raved about it. Being the kuripot that I am, I might try first the one from Mumuso. :) Some loved it, though :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I havent tried any of it but I would love too because I love 🌹

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)