Revlon Colorstay Brow Crayon and Brow Pencil: For natural or defined brows!

Revlon Colorstay Brow Crayon Dark Brown and Brow Pencil Dark Brown.

PRICE: Brow Crayon- P375.00; Brow Pencil- P575.00
FROM: Free
OTHER LOCATIONS: Available in leading department stores, supermarkets, and drugstores

THE VERDICT:

I haven't tried a bunch of Revlon brow products so this should be interesting. I received two of Revlon's brow products, Colorstay Brow Pencil and Brow Crayon, both that a lot claim to be long- lasting. I tried them to find out.



Revlon Colorstay Brow Crayon is a shaping brow wax in crayon form and Colorstay Brow Pencil sculpts and defines and comes with a handy spoolie. Both brow products promised to last for up to 24 hours.

L-R: Brow Crayon and Brow Pencil

When we think of crayons, we think of heavy pigmentation, but surprisingly, Revlon Colorstay Brow Crayon yields medium coverage, but can be layered into full coverage. It has a slight sheen to it upon first application, but eventually sets into a soft matte finish. Dark Brown is a smoky brown shade.

Revlon Colorstay Brow Pencil, on the other hand, is a total opposite of the Brow Crayon: it's very pigmented; one swipe and you get full coverage. It's a soft cream that sets into a soft matte finish as well. Dark Brown is a black brown shade.

Both products are unscented.

Let's try out the products. Starting with Revlon Colorstay Brow Pencil:

Bare brow

With Revlon Colorstay Brow Pencil

The product applies very easily and yields heavy coverage right away so I always use a light hand with it. Dark Brown is pretty dark for me so in this photo, I only applied it on the middle portion of my brows and spread it all throughout to thin out the color coverage.

TBJ TIP: This product can get a lil' creamy in the beginning and in order to prevent getting the 'drawn on' brow look, apply by layer and comb each layer with a spoolie to loosen up the consistency.
 Finally, Revlon Colorstay Brow Crayon:

Bare Brow

With Revlon Colorstay Brow Crayon

Texture is light and easy to spread; consistency is a bit glossy at first, but eventually becomes soft matte. Since the tip is quite huge, it's not that ideal to use when mapping eyebrows so I would recommend that you shape your eyebrows first. Dark Brown complemented my brow color perfectly and it made my brows fuller naturally.

Compared to Maybelline's Fashion Brow Pomade Crayon, Revlon Colorstay is sheerer, making it friendlier to beginners, but Maybelline is more matte, making it faster to work with.

TBJ TIP: Since consistency is a bit glossy, allow each layer to dry up before adding another one; with this technique, you're actually adding a layer, not erasing the previous one you made.

Colorstay Brow Pencil yields a defined, dramatic finish while Revlon Colorstay Brow Crayon yields a natural, feathery finish, perfect for the bushy brow look. I like that both products deliver unique brow finishes that cater to a lot of preference plus the fact that these stay put for a long, long time too, although I cannot say that they are waterproof. There's a bit of a learning curve with both products, specifically the brow crayon, but all in all, good brow products.

REVLON COLORSTAY BROW CRAYON DARK BROWN AND COLORSTAY BROW PENCIL DARK BROWN RATING

Visit REVLON PHILIPPINES on Facebook for more information about these products.

Post a Comment

13 Comments

  1. I'm more of a brow pencil person for me it's more easy to work with, plus it has already a spoolie. Anyways, that Brow Crayon looks overwhelming as an eyebrow product, it looks like one swipe okay na! Good to go! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that you reviewed this Ms M. This is an affordable eyebrow product for budget conscious ladies. Just hope it's waterproof as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried them either, I also read your review on Maybelline's Fashion Brw Pomade. I think I will have a hard time using them since this is for natural brows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven’t tried a brow crayon since I am still learning to have that kilay on fleek by using a pencil. but the looks? I think I would go with the pencil coz looks like no big effect yung crayon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ill go for the pencil😀 for a define brow👍

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brow Crayon parang natural lang ang eyebrows. Thanks for this post Ms M.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how the pencil looks on you, more than the crayon. Although, revlon products are too pricey for me :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm definitely on #TeamPencil! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Buti kpa po ms.martha my curve na si kilay ska my hairs tlga sakin npaka nipis tapos d pa ako msyado magaling mg kilay 😢

    ReplyDelete
  10. Parang mas bet ko yung crayon . Very natural lang yung kinalabasan. Tapos wala ang cute nya lang parang yung jumbo ctayon nung grade school ehhehehe

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a hard time with this pencil. Medyo nahihirapan ako sa kanya coz of the creamy formula. But I want to try the brow crayon to compare both products. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Want to try the brow crayon maiba naman and parang natural lang hindi naman ganun kakapal paginapply..love it..and i love your eyebrow ms martha may shape na talaga sya..ganda..😍😍😍

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)