Kath X Happy Skin Makeup Collection Review


Kath X Happy Skin makeup collection review.

PRICE: Powder- P499; Lipstick- P399; Lip and Cheek Tint- P299; Mascara- P499; Blush- P399; Brow Liquid Pen- P399
FROM: Free
OTHER LOCATIONS: Available in all Happy Skin boutiques and retailers; Happy Skin official website

THE VERDICT:

It took me a while to review these babies since they launched because I had to complete the collection for a better review.

Without further ado, presenting the complete collection of Kath X Happy Skin!


Kath X Happy Skin is a new celebrity makeup collection to launch in Manila; the collection boasts of everyday makeup essentials personally curated by Kathryn Bernardo herself. The collection launched under Generation Happy Skin, a brand under Happy Skin geared towards the younger market with its approachable product selections and affordable price point, but with the same concept that made the brand famous: skin care- infused makeup.

Details of the launch and complete swatches of Kath x Happy Skin HERE.

The products are sold individually, but you can get one of each as a kit with matching holographic pouch for about P3,000.00, which I believe is online- exclusive only.

First off, I like the packaging of the products: it's cute, pleasing to the eyes, very instagrammable, and fun. Despite it being Happy Skin's affordable range, the packaging does not feel cheap at all.

But is the makeup range really cheap? As someone who's been dabbling in brand marketing for about 5 years now, I've learned that cheap is subjective: what's cheap for me may not be cheap for you and vice versa. To me, the price is affordable considering the degree of my disposable income, but for the majority of the young Filipina demographic, it is a bit expensive considering that they live on allowance; the price point is attainable though and young ladies can either save up for it or request the collection as a gift for the holidays or any special occasion. To summarize, Generation Happy Skin is affordable for the kids of the A to upper C market.

Anyway! Here are the products. From top to bottom:

Stay Fresh Pressed Powder in Natural Beige
Instant Glow Long- Wear Powder Blush in Love
Kiss and Bloom Lip and Cheek Tint in Serene
My Lips But Better Ultra Matte Lippie in Authenticity
Perfect Brows Long- Lasting Liquid Pen in Brown
Extra Drama Volumizing Mascara in Black

Let me muse about the products as we go along.

Bare skin

Two layers of the powder

Stay Fresh powder is a light to medium coverage powder. Natural Beige is a warm beige that is touted as a shade for morenas; it's a wee bit light for my skin tone, although manageable. I tends to oxidize for a little so it ends up matching my skin anyway. Finish is soft matte. It doesn't have good oil control so I wear it with primer underneath. Great for casual days when you just want to look fresh without putting on a thick base. Okay for combination skin, but not really for very oily skin.

Bare brow. 'Scuse the unkempt look! I have yet to visit the brow grooming salon!

With Perfect Brows Long- Lasting Liquid Pen

Brown is a medium taupe brown. It's a sheer liquid that is buildable and lasts extremely long that I use it whenever I work out. It's got a friendly color payoff that can be used even by beginners. This is actually my favorite in the collection because it's natural- looking, long- lasting, easy to use, and can be used as a correcting tool as well along with other brown products.

Bare lashes

One layer of Extra Drama mascara

Two layers

The mascara is more of lengthening than volumizing to me. It is long- lasting and formula is water- resistant. It's quite pigmented, but I prefer more volume than length. Some like this mascara, but for me, there are cheaper brands out there that can deliver the same effect.

Top to bottom: Ultra Matte Lippies in Authenticity, Wonder, Spunk, Moxie, Courage

COURAGE

- Deep rose. An MLBB shade for deeper skin tones. Love the romantic vibe of this shade.

SPUNK

- Muted warm peach. A trendy shade that gives a casual, fresh, easy look.

MOXIE

Cranberry red. My favorite shade because it flatters warm skin tone so much.

WONDER

- Soft nude peach. An elegant, warm peach that goes well with any skin tone.

AUTHENTICITY + KISS AND BLOOM LIP AND CHEEK TINT ON THE CENTER

Authenticity is a muted pink shade. I find it quite pale for my skin tone and doesn't flatter it so much. I guess for fairer skin tones, this will work. I used Kiss and Bloom lip and cheek tint in Serene on the center to give it some life and it worked.

The lipsticks have medium to heavy pigmentation and feels buttery on the lips. It has a soft matte finish and stays pretty much intact without drying out my lips, but needs to be retouched after a meal.

Kiss and Bloom Lip and Cheek Tint is a burgundy red shade, but payoff on the cheeks is a warm pink. It has a nice Strawberry scent, but the alcohol in it is a bit strong and stings my lips for a little; well my lips has micro wounds when I used it that's why so be sure to use it when your lips are okay for a pleasant experience.

Instant Glow Long- Wearing Blush in Love is a pretty warm pink that suits morenas. It's very pigmented too and a dab is enough. True to advertised, this blush is long- wearing and I love the pocketable packaging.

Kath X Happy Skin is a good start for Generation Happy Skin, although I hope prices can still be lowered to make it more affordable for the majority of its core market. But to my young adult readers, if you want to invest in makeup that has skin care benefits, by all means, buy; best to start a good skin care and makeup habit while young also! This is also a good entry point for ladies who want to experience Happy Skin before moving to the classic range. From this range, I recommend the blush, lipstick, and brow pen.

Have you tried these products already? What are your favorites?

KATH X HAPPY SKIN MAKEUP COLLECTION RATING

Please visit HAPPY SKIN on Facebook for more information about these products.

Post a Comment

6 Comments

  1. Wow! Pak na Pak! I love her packaging! And honestly ang gaganda ng selections huhu Love the fact that these are not as pricey as the other previous releases from Happy Skin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice combi, bagay sayo. Si Kath ba nag-name sa mga shades?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them all especially the endorser which is Ms.Kath Bernardo😍 hope to try too soon pero pero from now on abang abang nalang muna ako kung may sale ang kathxhappyskin 👍

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hindi konpa siya ntry Ms.Martha but Cute na packaging niya.. At ang gahanda ngng mga shades ng lipstick.. Hopefully makabili ako soon.. 😊😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the WONDER shade. Will save up for these lippies!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)