Aura Mugler Eau De Parfum Review: The aura of nature


Aura Mugler Eau De Parfum.

PRICE: Around P3,000+
FROM: Free
OTHER LOCATIONS: Available at Art of Scent

THE VERDICT:

Thierry Mugler has always been known for fragrances that do not conform to standards; I was never the type to brand fragrances as bad or good because I have always been appreciative of any type of perfume, thanks to my sincere passion for it (that's why I first thought of starting a perfume blog rather than a general beauty blog!), so when I tried Mugler's Angel, which is arguably his best- selling fragrance of all time, I was smitten! Angel is a gourmand beauty that rose above the sweet, flirty, feminine image to something more ethereal (Okay now I miss that fragrance!).

After Angel, I expected more complex stories told through fragrances from Mugler. Just last year, a new creation of his came called AURA. I've been using it for nearly a month now and I'll talk about my experience in this review.


Aura by Mugler is classified as a woody aromatic fragrance for women. The perfume comes in a heart- shaped, diamond- esque bottle with a glowing emerald green aura; certainly reminds me of Doctor Strange's Time Stone or Auntie Esther's precious emerald ring in Crazy Rich Asians! The bottle is such a beauty! The atomizer button is cleverly built into the bottle so no more lost, bulky caps to deal with when I'm bringing it with me.

Going to the juice, the fragrance features Rhubarb Leaf, Tiger Liana, Orange Blossom, Bourbon Vanilla, and Wolfwood notes. It starts of fresh with a hint of floral then dries down into an oriental woody fragrance. There is a strong minty scent in the notes that you can immediately detect and not a lot of skin chemistries go well with mint; fortunately for me, the fragrance smells good all throughout; however, mint can give a slightly acidic odor on some people. I guess in the next batches, the minty scent/note could be minimized; the fragrance doesn't need it anyway as it is a beautiful woody fragrance for women.

One spritz and I am immediately transported to a day walking in the forest where there's nothing but serenity and oneness; I have a huge thing for fragrances that take me back to my nature walks and tours because these were some of the rare moments when I felt at peace. Glad to know that the green scent of this new creation by Mugler somehow brings me down that lane in my memory.

In terms of concept, Mugler did not fail us with Aura; his hallmark of beautiful complexity is present in the fragrance; while I don't think it can beat his Angel (this fragrance is established already anyway!), Aura is a beauty of its own. The thing with Mugler's fragrances, it's either you like them or you don't, but whatever side you're on, we can all acknowledge that he's always weaving stories with his fragrance.

Oh, did I mention that Aura is very long- lasting and one spritz is enough to last for almost 5 hours? That's how economical Mugler's fragrances are!

Metaphor aside, Aura is one of the more successful woody fragrances for women out there that don't end up flat or like a post- shaving splash; it's definitely a night time fragrance and for special occasions.

AURA MUGLER EDP RATING

Visit ART OF SCENT on Facebook for more details about this fragrance.

Post a Comment

1 Comments

  1. I've been so mesmerized by the packaging of this. I've wondered how it smells huhu good thing you mentioned that it has this woody aromatic fragrance for women! That captures the whole theme for this creation.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)