FAN MAIL FRIDAYS: Best skin care ingredients for acne


Pag-Asa finally announced that the stormy season is over and the 'Amihan' is coming through. My white sneakers and pants are very delighted to hear about this. LOL.

The weekend's finally here and here's an FMF to end the week from Princess:

Hi Ms. Martha,
I'm starting to geek out on skin care by looking more into the ingredients of the products I use. I'd like to ask which ingredients are best for acne- prone skin?
Princess

Hi Princess!

Thanks for reaching out! Hey, nice to meet a fellow skin care geek here! Even before I started beauty blogging, I have always been fascinated with the things that go in my skin care and part of my  personal mission in beauty blogging is to have a deeper understanding of how these ingredients work so I can make smarter choices; and I wish to share the knowledge with all of you always!

Unfortunately, my skin became acne- prone as I got older and one of my beauty missions is to find the best anti- acne ingredients (and products) that work; here are the ingredients that I have personally tried and stick with 90% of the time because they always work for me!


Photo credit: amazon.com

1. CLAY

- Clay is a known oil and dirt absorber and we all know that these can aggravate acne- prone skin. Aside from that, the negative charged ions of Clay help 'deactivate' the positive ions of bacteria, which prevents breakouts from getting worse.



Photo credit: cosrx.com

2. TEA TREE OIL

- This antibacterial ingredient is just as famous as Salicylic Acid; it's a milder, not to mention natural, anti-acne ingredient that a lot swear by. 


Photo credit: marksandspencer.com

3. AHA (ALPHA HYDROXY ACIDS)

- AHAs are fruit- derived chemical exfoliants; they help dislodge clogged pores by breaking down excessive dead skin cells, which helps anti- acne skin care penetrate and target pimples better.


Photo credit: influenster.com

4. BHA (BETA HYDROXY ACID)

- There are only two well- known BHAs used in consumer skin care at the moment: Betaine Salicylate and Salicylic Acid. BHA is an extra strength chemical exfoliator compared to AHA and aside from the peeling effects, BHA is also known to act as an antibacterial remedy for pimples (Hello, Salicylic Acid!).



Photo credit: deciem.com

5. ZINC

- Zinc is a lesser known anti-acne ingredient, but just as powerful as the good ol' ones we use to treat pimples. Zinc has powerful antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and healing benefits, making it good for acne- prone skin!

These are the top ingredients I look for in skin care. Read HERE.

That's all and I hope you liked this post! Do share with me the anti-acne ingredients that you swear by and look for when buying anti-acne skin care products!

**Got a burning question on beauty, makeup, skin care, hair, perfume, blogging, fitness, exercise, marriage, relationships, career, or anything in between? Email me at martha.stabarbara@yahoo.com, message me via Contact Form, or shoot me a message at THE BEAUTY JUNKEE OFFICIAL FACEBOOK FAN PAGE.

Post a Comment

5 Comments

  1. Thanks for this blog. Been wanting to know more about BHA and AHA on what its use on our skin and if it is necessary to use in everyday skin care routine. 😊❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just curious, is aloe vera also included? I heard it soothes and moisturizes as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This article will serve as my guide on how to treat my acne prone skin. Such a big help!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do not break out much but when I do, I usually use Human Heart Nature's Acne Defense Solution Gel. With just an overnight application, I notice the pimple would dry out fast, though it still leaves a noticeable scar. Plus I love the fact that I'm using natural ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing Ms. Martha! I have an acne prone and oily skin your blog posts that tackles this kinds of skin issues really helps us a lot. I look for Tea Tree and Salicylic Acid. It also helps a lot reading reviews from certain products that interests me for my acne.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)