LB Tokyo cosmetics: A Japanese beauty brand to watch out for!

LB Tokyo cosmetics review.

PRICE: Eyebrow Pencil- P380; Smudge Gel Eyeliner- P380; Mascara- P380; Dramatic Jelly and Cheek Rouge- P425
FROM: Free
OTHER LOCATIONS: Available at ph.bestbuy-world.com

THE VERDICT:

I mentioned in one of my blog posts before that I feel Japanese beauty brands should get as much attention as K-Beauty brands in the Philippines; products are very good as I rarely find anything I dislike in all the Japanese brands I have tried, variety is just as huge as K-Beauty brands, and most products are waterproof as they're formulated to fit the sweltering summers of Japan, which will work really well with Philippine weather. Now I miss Japan! I wanna go back!


Recently, I discovered LB Tokyo Cosmetics through Best Buy World PH. LB Tokyo is an affordable Japanese beauty brand that's popular for their eyeliner; in fact, it's ranked as a top product in the popular Japanese beauty resource, Cosme. LB stands for Lady Bird and is generally available in Don Quijote, a popular supermarket chain in Japan (I love this place!).

I'm going to review LB Tokyo cosmetics for everyone today!

Here are the eyeliners; there are four shades available.

From top to bottom, we have Beige Shine, Pearl Choco, Royal Brown, and Jet Black.

This is an automatic gel liner that's slightly shorter than a regular length eyeliner pencil.

L-R: Jet Black, Royal Brown, Beige Shine, Pearl Choco

The eyeliners have a soft, gel- link texture and finish, but only in pencil form; it's true to what's advertised; these are super soft, creamy, and apply easily on the skin; no tugging nor scratching on the skin. The finish starts off with a hint of sheen, but it sets into a matte finish after a couple of seconds.

Jet Black is a stark black shade, Royal Brown is a deep chocolate brown, Beige Shine is a beige champagne shade, and Pearl Choco is a metallic deep bronze shade.

Top to bottom: Light Brown, Natural Brown, Brown

This 3-in-1 brow pencil features a spoolie, pearl powder, and brow pencil. The pencil has a small diameter, which works in creating natural shadows while the pearl powder creates a dimension.

L-R: Light Brown, Natural Brown, Brown

The eyebrow pencil did not have the shades on them so I just guesstimated these shades, based on what's available on the website. I think I got them correctly though, but just to be sure, just inquire with Best Buy World before purchasing.

Texture has a semi- hard texture, but gets going easily once it's warmed up. Pigmentation starts off light, but you can build it to a dramatic finish. I really like the hues of the eyebrow pencils; the moment I swatched them, I immediately felt that they will look good on a lot of Filipina skin tones; just look at those browns--they look good on yellow undertone!


Here are the pearl powders. They're indeed shimmery and will work as an accent when applied lightly on the center of the eyebrow going to the tail.

Curl and Keep Lash Mascara has a slightly curved wand with two different brushes: one side has tighter bristles, while the other side has bigger, wider ones; the wider one is for volume and the tighter one is for curling. The mascara has tiny fibers that help add length to the lashes. There's another mascara variant and it's called Volume Lash.

Dramatic Jelly Cheek and Lip is a lip and cheek rouge that comes in 6 shades; from left to right, we have Cream Pink, Sango, Floral Pink, Summer Orange, Dramatic Red, and Dusty Rose.

These pots are very handy! A compact is so small that you can hide it in your palms!

LB Tokyo's lip and cheek tint may be small, but it packs a punch of color; here's a swatch of my favorite, Dusty Rose. Pigmentation is medium to heavy and blends easily upon contact.

Time to try out the products!

Eyebrow Pencil in Natural Brown

The eyebrow pencil is very easy to work with; I did not use the pearl powder here, just the pencil because I wanted a matte look that day. The eyebrow pencil is very pleasant and easy to use, plus it's very long- lasting; I can use this in a Crossfit session!

Bare lashes

Three layers of Curl and Keep Lash mascara + Royal Brown eyeliner

The mascara has a slightly wet texture and you need to allow half a minute before applying another layer to get better coating. The fibers are good at enhancing length. This mascara is best at lengthening and defines every single lash, thus I think it's better for those with thicker lashes to begin with; ladies who aren't so blessed with lashes like me may fare well with its volumizing counterpart. But what I like about this one is it's long- lasting yet comes off easily with eye makeup remover, and it does keep lashes curled for hours!

The eyeliner is pigmented and easy to use, and what I like most about it is it's very easy to smudge and soften; it's a smudge gel liner after all and I like that they're true to their promise! Formula is waterproof, but removes easily with eye makeup remover.

Dramatic Jelly Cheek and Rouge in Dusty Rose on lips, cheeks, and lids

The lip and cheek rouge is very easy to apply and leaves a hint of stain when allowed to set properly on the skin. The formula can be easily applied on top of powdered skin as well.

LB Tokyo's products have one common denominator: long- lasting, high quality products at an affordable price. The products, most especially the eyeliner and eyebrow pencil, have really good quality; I use them everyday ever since I got them! I can't believe I skipped on this brand in all my visits to Don Quijote, but now I won't when I go back to Japan! 

But you don't have to wait to go to Japan just to get these products, because thankfully, you can readily order them from Best Buy World PH!

Have you tried LB Tokyo cosmetics already? What are your thoughts? What are your favorites?

LB TOKYO COSMETICS RATING

Post a Comment

3 Comments

  1. Anganda ng lip and cheek stain...gaganda ng shades Ms. Martha...suitable lahat for Filipinas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this blog Ms. Martha!!! Someone gave me some products as pasalubong but hindi ko alam yung cheek and lip tint kung para saan haha! Finally!!!! magagamit ko na siya... I feel like lip tint lang pero pwede pala sa cheeks din hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa! Super fresh and pretty! This brand looks very promising. Looking forward to this. I hope they'd also branch our to our local dept stores or watsons.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)