Make Up For Ever Matte Velvet Powder Foundation Y365: Perfect for oily skin and humid weather!

Make Up For Ever Matte Velvet Skin Powder Foundation Y365.

PRICE: P2,700
FROM: Free
OTHER LOCATIONS: Available in all Make Up For Ever boutiques

THE VERDICT:

I read a lot of good reviews on Make Up For Ever's new Matte Velvet Foundation; even some makeup artist and beauty vlogger and blogger friends have been singing nothing, but praises about it. Finally, the product has been launched in the Philippines and I got one!

And the raves are real! This is one very good powder foundation with great staying power!



Ingredients

Make Up For Ever Matte Velvet Powder Foundation is a full coverage powder foundation that promises to blur imperfections and reduce shine. It has a matte finish and water- resistant formula, and flexible texture to prevent the product from looking chalky and seeping into facial creases. The entire line comes in about 10 shades, if I'm not mistaken.

I heard that this powder is the replacement of Pro Studio Finish, which is one of my favorite powder foundations.

Matte Velvet's compact is so fancy! It's a metal compact with matte coating; definitely feels pro, but looks chic enough to be used everyday. This is also a refillable compact.

One of the top features of the product is the two- faced sponge: one side is the rubbery side for full coverage as seen on top.

The other side of the sponge is the flocked side for light coverage; we've seen this before in their White Definition Powder Foundation (now discontinued) and the sponge does deliver the promised coverage!

My shade with this product is Y365; it's very similar to MAC Studio Fix Powder foundation's NC42, but much less orange. It's a smooth, semi- creamy powder; it does feel 'flexible', staying true to its claim and here's a test:

L: Prostudio Powder Foundation
R: Matte Velvet Powder Foundation

Here's a comparison of Prostudio and Matte Velvet, both from Make Up For Ever. PS has excess powder deposit somewhere on the edge of my finger while MV has a more even coverage, which gave me the impression that the former did not go well with the movement, curves, and indentation of my finger upon swatching; this made me conclude that MV indeed has a flexible texture!

Bare skin

With one layer of the powder foundation

This is full coverage indeed! My skin immediately looked smoother and has minimized the appearance of some facial discolorations of mine in just one easy swipe. The sponge works well with the powder; I feel that it does justice to the product and delivers every pigment properly onto the skin.

Staying power is pretty cool; the powder stays intact on the rest of my face, while my nose would start seeping oil by the 5th or 6th hour if the weather is cool, and by the 4th or 5th hour if the weather is humid.

The biggest reason why I love this powder is its flexible texture; true enough, it does not crease on the lines of my face like laugh lines and sides of the nose. While some powders crease and feel tight, dry, and uncomfortable on the skin, this one ain't! That said, I believe this is perfect for combination dry-oily skin as well as oily skin.

Another great product by Make Up For Ever! I've been using it everyday since I got it!

MAKE UP FOR EVER MATTE VELVET POWDER FOUNDATION Y365 RATING

Please visit MAKE UP FOR EVER PHILIPPINES on Facebook for more information about this product.

Post a Comment

2 Comments

  1. Upon the swatch photos I can tell that this, indeed, is unique! Looks so fresh on your skin! Please do a review on the new fit me two way cake powder foundation :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ang ganda talaga ng Make-Up Forever. Pricey nga lang :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)