Mumuso Makeup One Brand Tutorial and Review + Youtube Video


Hola! Your girl's got some free time over the weekend so I decided to shoot this Mumuso shopping loot that I got a month back; I promised before that I'll review their makeup for you guys; it took a while though, but to make it up to you, I'm throwing a video!

SO...is Mumuso makeup any good? Let's find out!



Mumuso needs no introduction because I'm sure you're all familiar with this brand. But to those who aren't Mumuso is a concept store that features exclusive lifestyle items for personal care, home, utility, tech, and kids; the brand is thought to be Korean, but I've read some articles saying that it's actually a Chinese company trying to pass off as a Korean brand; I actually don't know what happened to that issue whether it was debunked, proven, or if Mumuso ever did make a comeback and came clean.

Anyway, that's for another story. Mumuso has a pretty wide array of skin care and cosmetics. I actually liked their Rose Essence Toner so I decided to give their makeup products a go. 

What I got are the following: 

Mumuso Fashion Bare Skin Color Powder- Around P190
Mumuso Sakura Satin Lip Crayon- P179
Mumuso Spoolie Eyebrow Brush- P99
Mumuso Hi Anne Eyeshadow Palette- P279
Mumuso Long-Lasting Gel Liner (Black)- Around P200
Mumuso 2-Color Moisturizing Eyebrow Cushion- P379
Mumuso Travel Brush Set- P199

Hokeydokey. First impression is the makeup products are not at all cheap! There's also no uniformity in terms of product concept and packaging, but I do like that in a way because they're all uniquely interesting individually; it's like Mumuso intended that for the products to appeal to a wider demographic; if you're a bit older, they have sleek, minimalist packaging for you; if you're younger, they have cutesy packaging for you.

Starting off with the Hi Anne! Eyeshadow Palette and Fashion Bare Skin Color Powder.

First thoughts in my head were: Who the fudge is Anne and Why does this powder come in one shade only?

Packaging are basic and made with plastic; not the classiest, but I'm not expecting too much given the price point of these products. On the bright side, the more expensive Mumuso makeup products have better packaging.

L-R: Powder and eyeshadow palette

The powder is very chalky and looks pale AF on me.

On the other hand, Hi Anne eyeshadow palette in Red Wine has good pigmentation and texture, interestingly. It only took me a swipe to achieve these vibrant swatches, mind you. The eyeshadows also 'stick' to the skin so I'm guessing the shades will hold up and will last very long if used with an eye primer.

2-Color Moisturizing Eyebrow Cushion is one of late 2017's famous brow product formats...which I don't think picked up in the beauty industry, quite honestly; I like it though!

To the right of the eyebrow product is Long Lasting Gel Liner that comes with a brush; unfortunately, this one seemed to have endured a high magnitude earthquake and reformed Pangaea. I honestly don't know why it split into two! I've had it for a month only, opened it once, and this!

Anyway, the brow cushion's shade is called Brown and the liner is Black.

Unfortunately, both of these products are almost dry already. I've never opened the brow cushion until I made the video and shot these photos and the liner, as I said, I only opened once. The pigmentation seems good though.

Sakura Shiny Lip Crayon more of a tinted lip balm; this shade, AO3, is represented by a colored sticker in a vintage rose hue; turns out, it's a deep burgundy!

The brushes. I am overjoyed to find a spoolie + angled brow brush brush from Mumuso; I have a lot of this type of brush in various brands, whether expensive or cheap because I love the convenience it gives. This brush is only P99 and what the heck, I'm not complaining even if it's just okay at best.

The travel brush set got me interested because it features a good range of eyeshadow brushes: there's a shader brush, blender brush, and precision brush; the basic brushes that I think someone needs to achieve a really good eye makeup look. The powder brush is shedding like crazy though while the rest are in good condition.

Time for a spin!

Here's me using the colors of Hi Anne! eyeshadow palette in Red Wine; pretty nice pigmentation and payoff! Love the semi- metallic texture of the eyeshadow colors; it's also very easy to blend despite the 'sticking' factor I mentioned earlier.

I'm wearing the brow cushion here too; I like that it looks very natural, but I wish it lasted longer in the pan!

I'm wearing the eyeliner here as well, which ended up looking patchy because it's already dry and solid. Sadly, it's not waterproof too.

Here's me wearing the powder. Unfortunately, this did not work for me at all. :(

Overall, I'd only recommend a very few items from what I got: these are the eyebrow + spoolie brush and eyeshadow palette. But as I said, Mumuso has a lot of makeup products that I haven't tried yet so it would be an unfair thing for me to say that all their makeup products are not good, period; maybe there are jewels somewhere there, but with my experience with what I got, I think I won't be going back for now.

Check out my Mumuso makeup try- on and makeup tutorial below:


Hope you enjoyed this! Have you tried Mumuso makeup? Share your thoughts and favorites!

Post a Comment

2 Comments

  1. I've been tempted to buy their make up products but was hesitant because there aren't a lot of people who've actually tried and tested them out. Thank you for this tutorial!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)