Hair Trends for 2019 + The Perfect Ash Brown Hair for Morenas


It's been almost a year since I had a change of color and a hair cut (I know. Work can really get the best of me!). I decided that on the first month of 2019, I'll go for something bright and bold to start the year.

I went to Vivere Salon, one of my trusted salons, to achieve my hair goals for 2019. Here's what we came up with and the stylists also shared with me the hair trends to take note of for 2019!



My sad- looking hair, pre-color change. It's tragically dry, unhealthily long, and almost brassy at the ends already.

Change starting in 3, 2, 1!

The color that I wanted was ash brown, the one with gray highlights. One of the clients in the salon was sporting ash brown hair and while it was brown and had nice ashy gray highlights, I couldn't help but notice the obvious overall greenish hue on her hair. I like ash brown hair, but not the greenish hue; I asked my stylist how we could achieve that and she told me that I would have to bleach my hair in order to get rid of the greenish hue and it would take a couple of bleach layers to achieve effective lightening just because my hair has pretty dark pigment; she said it would take HOURS so I decided to pass because I'm not the type to stay in a salon for hours.

Still, I want the volumizing, streaky effect of ash brown hair and challenged her to recreate it.

For the base, she used ash brown. For the highlights, she decided to go for a cool- toned blonde highlight to somehow mimic the ash gray highlights of my preferred color style.

After 2 1/2 hours, the masterpiece is complete. I also got a hair cut and treatment; for the treatment, I tried Vivere's new Collagen hair treatment, which uses a hair mask with high concentration of collagen for smooth, shiny, soft, and frizz- free hair; it's perfect to have after an intense coloring sesh because it remedies dryness plus it can keep frizziness at bay for about 3 days to a week. It's been 3 days and I noticed that my frizzy problem is still under control!

After 3 hours, TADAAAAA!

Ash brown with blonde highlights! Instead of gray highlights, my stylist used blonde because it doesn't require a lot of steps plus it complements my skin tone as well!

My stylist was able to work around the demands of ash brown hair and I'm pleased that I got the volumizing, streaky effect that I wanted!

Turns out that the outcome I wanted was called Foilyage, a hair coloring process that wraps hair in foils to create lighter highlights plus the highlighting is done in smaller batches, resulting to a streaky effect.

If you're morena and you want ash brown hair, go for ash brown with beige/blonde highlights instead of gray because it works for Filipina hair and our skin tone. If you want my color, look for my stylist, Meg, at Vivere salon Glorietta. 

I also interviewed Meg on the hair trends that will be big this year and here's our list!

1. CLASSIC COLOR

- The good ol' single hair color is coming back; most of Vivere's clients, at least at the Glorietta branch, are coming in for just the classic dark brown, brunette, and chocolate brown shades. This will never go out of style!

2. PAINTED TIPS

- Balayage has had its days and more and more people will go for subtle expressions of personality, perhaps to strike the balance between self- expression and still being appropriate for work, through painted tips.

3. CLASSY COPPER

- Copper is always associated with brassiness, a color that a lot want to get rid of once the primary hair color starts fading, but not this year! Copper velvet, a soft, warm copper is going to be big this year! 

4. BLUNT BOB

- No, Blunt Bob is not your tackless neighbor, but this year's IT hairstyle. Some are coupling it with blunt bangs too to complete the look!

5. CHARCOAL HAIR

- Silver and gray hair will take a backseat this year to give way to charcoal, a beautiful medley of charcoal brown and soft gray. Mix it with a bit of soft pink for a dreamy combination.

Like my hair and would you like to try any of the IT hair trends of 2019? Just go to Vivere Salon; the branch I always go to is at Glorietta, Makati City; they have branches around Manila. Just go to VIVERE SALON on Facebook for more information.

*Hair trends photos from Pinterest

Post a Comment

4 Comments

  1. Wooow, charcoal hair sounds and looks so good! It can be tough to pull off though! Still so excited for it plus the new trends to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thinking of new hair color too! I want a color that's not all year round boring! gusto ko din sana matry ung higlights lng! sana magawa ng maayos dito haayy

    ReplyDelete
  3. how much did it cost for your hair length? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it gusto ko din ng ganyang color Ms.martha kaya lng nasira pa hair ko sa bleach before kaya pahinga muna hehe pero ang ganda tlaga nun hair nyo now Ms.Martha 😘😍

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)