Of Bras, Liberation, and Avon Body Illusion undergarments


avon body illusion bra and panty when worn
The good ol' bra-a significant symbol of femininity, a piece of clothing with a rich history and societal value. If there's one female product that I think won't ever go away, it would be the bra.

Photo credit: thecut.com

Bras actually have a long history backed by liberation; did you know that the early days of what we now know as the modern bra was inspired by a prototype made by a female socialite who disliked the discomfort brought about by corset lined with whale bones and was later on developed by a woman who wanted women to perform freely and comfortably in sports by providing full bosom support; the bra was meant to liberate women, an ally so we can feel good about ourselves, do what our heart desires, and control what we want to show society.

But why did we end up hating bras, as if it's some form of torture device only sugarcoated with lace and pretty fabric? How did it get to limitation from liberation?

Photo credit: pinterest.com
Because bras have gotten more stiff, more padded, thicker, much heavier, constricting, and if you were already alive in the early 2000's when lace bras were all the rage, you'll know that they served somebody else's pleasure more than one's own, tbh. From liberating women from fashion and body woes, it became a limiting piece of clothing that isn't such a joy to wear physically and metaphorically.

I've started disliking the idea of wearing a bra for these reasons; it didn't feel good to wear one anymore plus I felt there's none that supported me properly (obvious straps, muffin sides, uncomfortable wires, anyone?). Lightweight, second skin- like bras came out and in all fairness, they felt and functioned what a bra should be, but the price was too limiting.

Avon, a brand who's always been for women, has probably heard my plea (along with others) and came out with an undergarment line that's made to feel like everything that a bra should be: comfortable, lightweight, provides full support, discreet, conceals and enhances, and made to suit all; say hello to Body Illusion.

avon body illusion bra and panty
Avon Body Illusion is a 3- piece bra and underwear collection that features a seamless design, and lightweight material due to Avon's proprietary Invisilite material; this material is also fade- resistant and can stretch up to two times its original size.

avon body illusion bra and panty
There are two bra styles and one underwear style in the range that I find to be suitable for a variety of skin tones and the universal look and color is an essential that I think every woman should have in their closet:

Charlene Underwire Seamless Bra
Sonia Non- Wire Seamless Pull- Up Bra
Sonia seamless underwear

avon body illusion sonia panty
The fabric, according to Avon, is laser cut for a seamless surface. This is Sonia underwear: it has the right elasticity, hugs my curves properly, provides the right support, and sits in all the right places. Another huge plus is it feels light and fresh!

avon body illusion charlene bra
A closer look at the Charlene bra: the foam has just the right thickness, the underwire seems to feel more flexible, ergo comfortable, and surprisingly, despite the pads, Charlene bra feels fresh and light on the skin; I even fell asleep wearing the bra and I did not have any problem!

Avon Body Illusion is undergarment made right; the bra is at P899 and the underwear, P299; in the realm of high quality, skin- like bras, I find that this range is already one (if not the only) of the most affordable.

Finally, there's a reason to love wearing bra again; and that's big coming from a bra hater like me!

Avon Body Illusion is now available through all authorized Avon ladies. Please visit AVON PHILIPPINES on Facebook for more information about this new product.

Post a Comment

10 Comments

  1. My bra are mostly from Avon since buying it is really accesible having a neighbor who's an Avon Lady. I hate wearing ones too before for some reasons esp the underwires and not getting full support and comfort. Feeling ko ang gaan nitong bago nila,i i am so excited to try this soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use to buy Avon bra before. Honestly I don't know why I stopped buying... Dahil wala na sigurong nagaalok sakin. At first kasi hindi ko lang mapahindian ang mga friendship ko na nagaalok sakin. Pero as I use it maganda rin nman sya kahit minsan pricey na. I go for La Senza now kasi naga2ndahan ako sa designs nila hehehe...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Very informative Ms Martha. Thank you for sharing again.
    Uso nga yung seamless type na.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loveAvon bra..I have this non wire 15years.old Avon bra that my sister gave me.Hehe..I don't use it more often kasi mas gusto ko po yung underwired bra's..But when I became a mother I started to hate bra's na.Haha!
    Yeah that feeling na masikip,masakit kaya mas prefer ko na No Bra nalang kapag nasa house lang ako.hehe..
    But I super love the seamless design ng Avon.Nainlove po talaga ko sa design.Waahh!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Avon bra., matibay at very comfy talaga. Im sure madadagdag to sa aking avon bra collection love it

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to buy undies sa avon before pero ung mga bra di q pa nasubukan. Di nmn kasi kalakihan ung dibdib q kaya hirap pag di ka bibili ng personal. 😂😂😂

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah this is Avon's newest bra line. I like it. It sells fast. I became an Avon lady recently thats why.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy with the wireless bra from uniqlo super comfy but will definitely try this one

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)