Ellana DD + CC Makeup Primer review

Ellana DD + CC Makeup Primer review, swatch, price.

PRICE: P899.00
FROM: Free
OTHER LOCATIONS: Available in Ellana counters; Ellana online

Ellana DD + CC Makeup Primer review
THE VERDICT:

A reader asked me to review Ellana's primer, which I thought I didn't have, until I found out that she was referring to DD + CC Makeup Primer; in my head, I was thinking of Let's Make It Last Makeup Primer, which I don't think is still available. Gosh! It's been years since I tried Ellana!

Ellana sent me their new primer and the one that my reader is referring to. Is this primer worth it? Let's find out.



Ellana DD + CC Makeup Primer ingredients
Ingredients
Ellana DD + CC Makeup Primer is a skin care- infused primer; formula contains Tsubaki Oil with moisturizing, anti- aging benefits, SPF 50 for maximum sun protection, and brightening peach tone to help minimize the appearance of discolorations.

First of all, I was pretty shocked at the price: P899 for this primer? But then again, the fact that it's a good-for-sensitive-skin, mineral formula that uses Heliocare, a pricey but good sunscreen brand that's derma- sold and derma- recommended, kind of warrants the price (I said kind of because the skin care benefits are good, but it isn't my idea of a primer. More about that as you read on); I just wish it came in a bottle or a sturdier packaging for this price; I understand that the sachet packaging is for convenience, but we're trying to minimize sachet production, right? Well, unless this is compostable sachet then that would be great, but I am not so sure with this one.

Ellana DD + CC Makeup Primer swatch
Consistency is a rich cream-watery cream hybrid; texture feels more like a moisturizer and sunscreen than primer. The brightening peach tone is so faint; the tone I get here is more white than peach.

Ellana DD + CC Makeup Primer review before
Bare skin

Ellana DD + CC Makeup Primer review after

Here's one layer of the primer on my skin. It brightens not because of the peach tone, but because of the white cast I get from the high concentration of SPF; as you can see, it brightened my skin, but did not necessarily minimize the appearance of my brown facial spots.

As for its primer properties, it provides a moisturizing base that allows makeup to glide better and look more "lapat" on the skin. However, it doesn't have good oil control; it's more of a tone- correcting, moisturizing primer.

This primer is okay overall; I like that it has high SPF, uses a really good sunscreen brand, and acts like a moisturizer; the moisturizing formula can help prolong the wear time of makeup, but for oily skin types like me, it's not enough, therefore this primer is good for those with normal and dry skin types. I hope next time, there will be a version for oily skin types.

How about you? Have you tried this primer? Do you like it or not? Let me know your thoughts.

ELLANA DD + CC MAKEUP PRIMER RATING

Please visit ELLANA COSMETICS on Facebook for more information.

Post a Comment

8 Comments

  1. Oh hindi po sya pwede for a oily skin type like me.Yung after 3-4 hrs pwede na po'ng magprito sa face ko sa sobrang oily ng face ko.And my aunt was telling me its in our genes to have oily type skin.Well anyway I am using Cathy Doll AA cream.It was very helpful because it brigthens up my face and hindi po ako masyado nagkakaroon ng pimples because it has Tea Tree Oil.Nakakatuwa din po kasi meron siyang sachet for only 54 pesos po yata yun?😁.
    In just two shades Light Beige and Natural Beige.I,just wish you could have try it din po Ms. Martha😊.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reviewing this Martha! I might skip on this one. This primer will definitely match my oily skin. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg buti napigilan ko sarili ko bumili.Thanks martha❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow thanks for your honest review on this product. Been wanting to try it, but I prefer to see a review first. I do have concerns with the packaging,I mean sustainability wise. Not a fan of sachets.I have oily skin so I guess this is not for me as well. Yeah you're right, there should be a formulation for oily skin types too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Natry ko na din some Ellana Products. Medyo pricey pero mahusay yung kanilang ingredients. Nakakatuwa nga

    ReplyDelete
  6. It really pays off to read an honest review. Reviews like this always helped me decide when I am confused whether I will try a product and having second thoughts if I will get my money's worth. I love Ellana because of the mineral formulation. I am not a BB, CC & DD cream kinda girl because I prefer full coverage because I want to cover ang masaklap na nakaraan ng aking balat... hehehe Excited to see you girl...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not a primer user since si din aq ganun kahilig mag make up, pero pero mahilig mag collect ng make up.😂😂😂

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was about to hit the last step on Ellana's online store which costs me P2k something for 3 items only, when i thought of looking first for credible reviews as i always buy the wrong products. After reading several blogs, i find yours has straight, honest-to-goodness verdict. Thank you for halting me.
    I have been using MaryKay cosmetic line for over a decade now. With the Ellana ads i see on FB, it got me curious. My skin type is combi and sensitive. I see its texture changes with age and still get bumps everytime i try a new product from soap to toothpaste. Ellana's organic ingredients entices me to try it as I also need a primer or foundation that lasts for 6hrs or so because i hate excusing myself for a retouch. Im always outdoor and with our warm climate, my t-zone gets shiny with oil giving it a darker appearance when foundation is overpowered by oiliness.
    So, final decision is... save my 2K and just invest in good skincare. And remember, too: a good, clear skin starts from the inside. Eat good, live good, look good and you'll radiate feeling everything good about you. Thats essential and the best bare make-up!
    Invest, too, in an apple a day. It goes a long way! 😙

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)