Charlotte Olivia Velvet Soft Matte Liquid Lipstick: Comfortable matte + Youtube Video review

Charlotte Olivia Liquid Lipstick review, swatch, price.

PRICE: P349.00
FROM: Free
OTHER LOCATIONS: Available at Charlotte Olivia PH Shopee store

THE VERDICT:

One way to make matte lipstick comfortable on the lips is to add essential oils in it; I've tried a couple and none has gotten it quite right like Charlotte Olivia liquid lipsticks. I've been wearing these lipsticks since I got them because it's one of those brands that my picky, dry lips are fond of (the formula, I mean). I love matte liquid lipstick and if you're looking for one that is comfortable to wear, I suggest Charlotte Olivia Velvet Soft Matte Liquid Lipstick. Let me share all the swatches below!


Charlotte Olivia is a new brand that has just arrived in the Philippines; the brand is originally from London and it uses ingredients proudly sourced from that country. Their pilot products are Velvet Soft Matte Liquid Lipstick, lipsticks infused with various essential oils to keep lips moisturized and soft.

At the moment, there are 8 shades available. Here they are.

One thing I don't like about the packaging is the tubes don't have the names of the shades taped on the bottom or anywhere, except on their respective boxes; it'll be hard to recall the names of the shades when you have all and accidentally mix them together. Also, the shades are completely wearable, but I wish there was more variety in it. 

It's a light- textured liquid with a hint of creaminess. It sets into a soft matte finish that's lightweight and flexible, giving lips room for movement; that's the thing I love about this lipstick; it doesn't feel taut, dry, and doesn't constrict the lips; one thing I don't like about matte liquid lipsticks is the formula oftentimes feels like it's glued onto my lips so I always feel the need to wipe it off, but this liquid lipstick feels so flexible that I don't mind wearing it for hours. It glides on easily and can be layered on beautifully without the patchiness.

Staying power is decent; it can last for hours and even a slightly oily meal, but still needs to be retouched afterwards if you want it to look decent. The video below will show this better for you because I have tested it on McDonald's food!

See all the swatches:

AURORA

Light peach-pink shade.

IRENE

Midtone orange shade. This orange is so vintage! I love the color!

CLAIRE

Light pink-lilac shade.

EVELYN

Nude beige. Surprised to learn that it looks good on warm skin even if it's too pale in the tube.

EMMA

Pale coral with pink undertone.

VICTORIA

Red velvet shade. One of my favorites as well.

SCARLETTE

Deep wine shade.

AMY

Classic red.

So far, Charlotte Olivia is a promising brand despite only having one product range; again, if you're looking for a comfortable matte lipstick formula, I recommend this. 

Check out the video review; there's a challenge here between the lipstick and food; find out who won!


CHARLOTTE OLIVIA VELVET SOFT MATTE LIQUID LIPSTICK RATING

Please visit CHARLOTTE OLIVA PHILIPPINES on Facebook for more information. You can buy Charlotte Olivia liquid lipsticks HERE.

Post a Comment

4 Comments

  1. Thank you for this honest review Miss Martha. Everything you said about matte lipsticks are true. Most formulas are really drying and uncomfortable to use. Its good that some brands are levelling up the game by introducing lighter and moisturizing formulas ❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jonna Cielo: Maganda lahat ng shades pero pinakanagustuhan ko is Aurora hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! looks plang po mukhang comfortable to wear talaga. Ang soft nya kasi tingnan. Bet q ang aurora,emma and evelyn.😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow parang mganda po to.. I like the Aurora and Evelyn shade., yung ibang matte kasi sobrang dry. I want to try this. ,yey!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)