US Haul! (WHOA!)


Howarya, beshies!?! I missed you all! I'm back! I just left a few blog posts for you to read for the last fifteen days because prior to leaving for the US for my birthday vacation, I got swamped with work; I was almost breaking down because I was trying to squeeze in last- minute work load on top of blogging that I decided to stop, settle down, and do what I could before leaving; I didn't want to bring all that stress and exhaustion to my big trip!

I visited the West Coast for my first time in the US to see my family, to experience Hollywood, and tick off one destination from my bucket list. I will be sharing these with you in the next posts, but for now, here's my craaaazy US haul!



Japan and Hong Kong are awesome shopping destinations, but maaaan, USA is something else! There's just way too many options and overall, I feel that the options in the USA are well- suited for me compared to the other countries I have been to; it's like whatever product I have in my head, I find in the shelves.

I thought that my Australia haul was the most epic one I have done and will ever do, but US proved me wrong LOL. Here are the things I got in my latest US trip!

First order of business: FOOD! I made sure to pass by Target because I love this store! I first experienced Target in Australia and I liked it a lot! 

Target stores in the US are way bigger and more accessible because they have multiple branches in each city. In the US, there are smaller Target stores and Target Supercenters that are massive and have more options than the former. I also loved visiting Walmart because they have great food options as well.

I purchased a couple of items from Target and Walmart such as Twinkies, teas, candies, chocolates, as well as toys; these are what's left of what I bought as I had to give some away when I arrived in Manila.

Another food store that I loved in the US? Trader Joe's! Yep, the Cookie Butter brand that took the world by storm. Trader Joe's is another food and produce brand that's popular in the US and I picked up their best- selling butter spreads, apricots, nuts, figs, and candied ginger.

Best Buy is a popular electronics and tech store in the US. Target has an electronics section, but if you want a store that offers a massive selection of electronics, gadgets, computers, and anything tech- related, Best Buy is the place to be. From Best Buy, I purchased a Joby Gorilla Pod, GoPro Battery and Dual Battery and Battery charger pack for my brother, and Otterbox Commuter case for my iPhone 7. 

The mini Etch A Sketch is not from Best Buy, but Kip's Toyland, a specialty toy store located in Farmer's Market, LA. I just had to buy it because it's one of my favorite childhood toys!

Gadget accessories, especially Otterbox and GoPro are cheap in the US!

While people were busy experiencing The Strip in Las Vegas, I was spending most of my time in the outlets! Las Vegas Premium North and South Outlets are the places to be if you're a bargain and brand lover; lots of famous department store and high end brands are on crazy discount here! For bottoms, I picked up a pair of shorts from Polo Ralph Lauren and jeans from True Religion (50% off retail price!). 

The khaki shorts, I got from J.Crew at The Grove, LA. J.Crew has awesome clothes; wish I bought more, but I didn't have enough luggage space left!

Tees galore! Gap, Lacoste, and Polo Sport tees, I got from Las Vegas premium outlets; the Lisa Frank X Spongebob tee collab and Pusheen pack of 5 socks, I got from Hot Topic, a popular hobby store in the US.

Mid-luxury purses, wallets, and bags I got from Coach and Kate Spade for my fambam. These are on a crazy sale, around 3k-4k only per item!

Hoodie and face towel from Sanrio Hollywood, a new Sanrio concept store in Hollywood and Highland Mall in LA. I almost lost it when I visited this store; the Hello Kitty fan in me was ecstatic!

Disneyland stuff! Disney California Adventure Park was one of the highlights of my trip! I picked up the following items for my friends, colleagues, clients, and myself. June is Pride Month in the US and the Disney pride merch is just too cute to handle!

I always have to get souvenirs for family members whenever I travel. I got them shirts from Everything $10 store near Hollywood and Highland, along Hollywood boulevard. We were so lucky because since it was end of spring sale for a majority of the stores in America, everything in the store was 5 dollars for that day! That's 50% savings per item and I was able to buy a souvenir for each of my family members for 44 USD only!

The Grand Canyon and Arizona fridge magnets, I got in Westside Lilo's and Grand Canyon National Park, respectively.

Time for makeup! First, let's begin with the high end makeup hauls.

These are some of the products I got from Sephora and Morphe; I didn't buy as much high end makeup as my Australia haul Nope, just checked, this haul is bigger LOL; I only got back- ups and things I wanted to try; 7 products from this lot are pasabuys by friends and family.

Makeup Revolution palettes from Ulta for friends! These are on a crazy sale; P4.99 each!

More Ulta stuff! I love Ulta as much as I love Sephora because most brands here are affordable. Here are the stuff I got from Ulta.

The Bath and Body Works products, I got from their store in San Diego; they were on a crazy sale as well; 4.50 USD for the big body sprays and 12USD for 3 small body sprays!

MAC Limited Edition Pride products. In the US, for the entire Pride month celebration, when you purchase a lipstick, you get a free Pride lipstick cap; no minimum purchase required!

Now onto my final hauls, my birthday gifts to myself.

A new pair of shades! This is a not-so-impulse buy because I've been meaning to buy a new pair of sunglasses, but not really in America. I just had to buy it because this cool pair of shades from Versace was at 60% off retail price!

A new wallet for my new small bag from Prada, Bellagio, Las Vegas. This is actually a bonus item; I received birthday money from some of my relatives in San Diego when I celebrated my birthday there and I thought of buying a new wallet! High time for me to buy a new wallet because my 5- year old Balenciaga wallet kinda' needs to retire already.

Finally, my main girl, my main birthday haul: Gucci Dionysus! Before my US trip, I was thinking of getting this or the Loewe Puzzle Bag for my 31st birthday. I went for this instead after discovering how heavy the Loewe bag is and besides, I'm kinda' getting sick of bringing big, heavy bags so I'm making the transition to smaller bags; I'm starting to realize that I don't really need a lot and most of the stuff in my big bag, I don't use; I just bring all of them because it's what I've been doing for years! 

That's all for my US hauls! :)

Post a Comment

4 Comments

  1. I love it that you invested on sunglasses, wallet and a bag. I'd do the same! It takes years for me to change sunglasses and wallets. Bags are a different story hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grabe Ms Martha!! I love reading this post. Sobrang natuwa ako sa photos of the things you bought sa US. Yes the US is indeed the land of opportunity and of great buys!!! Parang nagshopping na din ako sa US.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you enjoyed your 2 week vacay as much as you enjoyed shopping. We miss you too!!!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)