St. Ives Cleansing Stick is made for lazy girls like me

St. Ives Cleansing Stick Apricot and Manuka Honey review, price, demo

PRICE: P520
FROM: Free
OTHER LOCATIONS: Available in leading department stores, drugstores, and supermarkets

st. ives cleansing stick for lazy girls review morena filipina skin care blog
THE VERDICT:

Cleansing sticks were first seen among Korean beauty brands (I mean, is there anything that the Koreans can't invent!?). What's a cleansing stick anyway? It's a solid blend of oils, natural extracts, and other actives that's meant to remove makeup and clean the skin. Korean beauty routines suggest using this right after first cleansing (usually with oil or cleansing water).

St. Ives jumps into the trend with the release of their highly anticipated version of the cleansing stick; they're one of the first few western drugstore skin care brands to come up with this rising skin care product. Thank goodness they came out with one because it's literally a savior when traveling and for those lazy days!



st. ives cleansing stick for lazy girls review morena filipina skin care blog
Ingredients
St. Ives Cleansing Stick is a coconut oil- based makeup remover/facial cleanser that comes in three variants: Apricot and Manuka Honey (for glowing benefits), Matcha Green Tea and Ginger (for detoxifying benefits), and Cactus Water and Hibiscus (for hydrating benefits). The sticks are non- comedogenic, Paraben- free, and dermatologist- tested. Nice to know that the product doesn't use SLES as a foaming agent.

st. ives cleansing stick for lazy girls review morena filipina skin care blog
This makeup remover + makeup cleanser in one comes in a cute twist- up packaging; it's like a jumbo glue stick; it isn't that small, but definitely more travel- friendly than lugging around big jars and bottles of makeup removers and cleansers.

Apricot and Manuka Honey is formulated to cleanse and give skin a glowing effect; Honey also has anti- bacterial properties so I think this is best for those who have acne. The scent is reminiscent of St. Ives' classic Apricot scrub.

HOW TO USE ST. IVES CLEANSING STICK

st. ives cleansing stick for lazy girls review morena filipina skin care blog
At first, I made the mistake of applying it dry and right on top of makeup; I ended up with a pasty face and not-so-effective makeup removal. This is how you use a cleansing stick:

1. Wet face. Not too wet; just damp.
2. Swirl the cleansing stick on the dampened surface to activate the product
3. Rinse off

I love taking my sweet time swirling the stick around my face because the stiffness of it gives me a light facial massage effect.

st. ives cleansing stick for lazy girls review morena filipina skin care blog
I personally love massaging the product all over my face before rinsing for the emulsion to remove makeup and deep- seated dirt completely. I follow up with facial wash and then I'm done!

However, this product stings the eyes so I won't advise that you use it to remove eye makeup.

When I'm wearing light makeup, I use this stick as my first cleanser. When I'm wearing heavy makeup, I use cleansing oil first then the stick for deep cleansing. When I'm not wearing any makeup at all, I use the stick directly and rinse off with water just to remove whatever dirt that's there. The product leaves my skin very clean, but not tight and dry, thanks to coconut oil!

St. Ives Cleansing Stick is best for those who wear light to moderate makeup, especially for those who dread makeup removal at night because of the process that it entails; it's made for lazy girls or lazy days! Imagine not having to go back and forth your jar of cleansing balm/makeup remover. Imagine not having to worry about bringing separate jars and tubes of facial wash and makeup remover, and dealing with spillage when traveling. Imagine having a makeup remover and makeup cleanser in one tube that you just slap on your face-rinse-that's it. Finally, no reason to excuse ourselves anymore from wearing makeup or cleaning our face at night because St. Ives' ingenious cleansing stick is here to save the day, plus it's affordable too!

P.S. St. Ives said that the stick is anti-bacterial, but still, wipe the product clean before storage and store downwards for the excess water to drip off the stick and into the cap.

Have you tried this product already? What do you think?

ST. IVES CLEANSING STICK APRICOT AND MANUKA HONEY RATING

Please visit ST. IVES PHILIPPINES on Facebook for more information.

Post a Comment

2 Comments

  1. Finally! I've been waiting for your review especially the how to use it hahaha definitely buying because I'm lazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ve been a fan of their Apricot and Green Tea scrubs and now coming up with this kind of sticks is amazing. Cleansing and massaging the face at the same time!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)