Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream: The perfect moisturizer under makeup!

Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream review, price, results


PRICE: 64 USD (30ML); 100 USD (100ML)
FROM: Sephora, Fashion Valley, San Diego, California, USA
OTHER LOCATIONS: Available in Hong Kong for Asia; sephora.com

charlotte tilbury magic cream morena filipina skin care blog perfect moisturizer
THE VERDICT:

I make it a point to always use moisturizer before applying makeup because it's the difference between makeup that lasts all day and makeup that slides off after a few hours. ICYDK, moisture is a magnet for everything.

I think I haven't quite found the perfect moisturizer for makeup yet. Yeah, they prepare my skin for makeup and add moisture, but I always find the ones I use a bit lacking; I wish they made my makeup adhere and look better, plus I hope the moisturizing effect would last all day and continuously give my makeup that fresh look.

That is until I encountered a sachet sample of Charlotte Tilbury's Magic Cream.

To cut the story short, I've found the perfect moisturizer for makeup!

charlotte tilbury magic cream morena filipina skin care blog perfect moisturizer
Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream is an award- winning moisturizer that's well- loved by makeup artists, beauty editors, and celebrities. The product came to fruition when Charlotte would mix moisturizers backstage during shows to come up with a formula that she deemed perfect; and then the Magic Cream was born.

charlotte tilbury magic cream morena filipina skin care blog perfect moisturizer
Ingredients
Charlotte Tilbury is a moisturizer that promises to turnaround skin and give it a youthful, healthy glow and supple feel in an instant. Formula contains Bionymph Peptide Complex that stimulates collagen production, ward off free radicals, and delay the appearance of wrinkles. It also has Vitamins C and E, and botanical oils for intense moisture and nourishment.

charlotte tilbury magic cream morena filipina skin care blog perfect moisturizer
The product comes in 2 sizes; I got the smaller one, which is 30ml for budget and trial reasons. The product comes in a cute packaging where you pull out the box locks from the side and the folded base reveals the product nestled inside like a precious stone.

charlotte tilbury magic cream morena filipina skin care blog perfect moisturizer
The product comes in a lightweight acrylic jar and a metal cap in Charlotte Tilbury's signature Rose Gold color. Was expecting glass because this is after all a luxury product, but I ended up appreciating the material of the jar anyway for practicality reasons.

But Y NO SPATULA CHARLOTTE?!?!

charlotte tilbury magic cream morena filipina skin care blog perfect moisturizer
Add caption
Ingredients and price- wise, this moisturizer is targeted to ladies 30 and up, therefore I can say that it's an anti-aging moisturizer. Consistency is pretty rich and I don't need a lot to give my face sufficient moisture. 

The product was formulated to suit normal and dry skin types, but oily- skinned girls like me can still use it; just don't use a lot. Also, it smells divine! It has a perfume- like fragrance that's a bit strong, but it smells pleasant; not for you though if you want your skin care unscented.

Personally, I take five half a pea- sized amounts and spread it all over my skin. I gently rub it across my skin while alternating with tapping. Charlotte also recommended to work the product using the Tilbury Tapping method for a quick facial massage and to drive the product where it needs to be ideally:


The product is chock- full of nourishing ingredients that I immediately feel my skin turning softer, smoother, and renewed the moment I apply it on my skin. The first time I used it, I said "Wow, this moisturizer instantly transformed my skin's texture!" The result after a few minutes is softer, plumper, more refined skin that is friendlier to makeup.

charlotte tilbury magic cream morena filipina skin care blog perfect moisturizer
Why do I say that this moisturizer is perfect for makeup? Like what I said, it immediately transforms the skin and makes it unbelievably soft that the surface becomes friendlier and more receptive to makeup. Wonder what those softening lotions by K and J Beauty brands are for? It's for softening the skin so it will accept and retain skin care products better; the concept is pretty much the same for Charlotte's product, but only in moisturizer form.

In my selfie, notice how smooth, glowing, and hydrated my makeup is. I'm using there Kat Von D Lock It foundation, which is a heavy foundation that has a tendency to look dry after a couple of hours; I'm wearing Magic Cream with the KVD foundation here for about 5 hours now and look ma, the foundation is still looking fresh, plump, hydrated, and I noticed that the foundation lasted even longer. My face also felt nice and soft the entire day. Best part is the rich formula does not interfere with makeup at all nor does it exacerbate oiliness.

I did not experience any breakout with the product, but I've read that some didn't have good chemistry with the formula and ended up nursing a breakout; it is because the formula contains botanical oils that may cause certain skin sensitivities so if you have sensitive skin, consult with a physican prior usage.

Overall, Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream is the perfect moisturizer under makeup because not only does it instantly refines, smooths, and plumps the skin, it also makes makeup look better in general: better adherence, better finish. I highly recommend this product if you're looking for a moisturizer that does more than moisturize your skin or something to make you makeup look better on a daily basis!

CHARLOTTE TILBURY MAGIC CREAM 30ML RATING

Post a Comment

2 Comments

  1. I've always wanted to hear your thoughts on this. Lagi ko po kasing nakikita 'to sa channel ni CT. huhu it looks so regal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I AM A FAN OF MOISTURIZERS SINCE I HAVE OILY SKIN. THIS IS A MUST I GUESS. THE PACKAGING ITSELF IS SO CLASSY.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)